U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 04:35 AM

75 posts, read 45,623 times

Advertisements

One week till kick off.

My picks for the playoffs are:

TCU
Auburn
Oregon
Michigan St.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I think this is going to be Michigan State's year to make the playoffs.

I would like to see the playoff expanded to eight teams when the current contract expires 2018. Baylor and TCU deserved to get in last year and my guess is that a handful of deserving teams will be left out this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 09:10 AM

4,918 posts, read 3,997,279 times
It starts in a few hours....North Dakota State and Montana on TV at 330 Eastern

Thursday Night will be a few of the bigger games, TCU and "Meen uh SOH Tuh"

Old 08-30-2015, 07:43 PM

4,866 posts, read 6,395,702 times
This clip of Jim Harbaugh was shared by the Detroit Free Press today. A nice throwback. Hopefully he turns the program at Michigan around and makes them a winner once again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=112&v=4BaGTTMeDHQ

Old 08-31-2015, 01:36 AM

6,564 posts, read 12,350,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Boise State

Go Broncos!
We'll see you Friday.

My timing is just hideous. I moved to Boise from eastern WA not long after the home-and-home began, so I was living there when UW hired Petersen. Developed a lot of respect for the BSU fanbase for the way they treated me, considering how much they love Petersen. Then, the summer before we open at Boise, I move to Portland.

I'm not the typical optimistic homer, so I think that we are a bit outmatched against BSU at their house, especially with minimal QB and OL experience. I'd like to win, naturally, but I think that's a stretch. Harsin is doing a good job, and most importantly based on my impressions of Boise, feels to the fanbase like one of the family, which has done a lot to reduce the impact of the coaching change. I think Vegas is about right, but I hope we give you all a game to remember. A bad turnover or a special teams bohica could end up being the margin.

Last edited by j_k_k; 08-31-2015 at 02:15 AM..

Old 08-31-2015, 12:28 PM

9,153 posts, read 7,259,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
We'll see you Friday.

My timing is just hideous. I moved to Boise from eastern WA not long after the home-and-home began, so I was living there when UW hired Petersen. Developed a lot of respect for the BSU fanbase for the way they treated me, considering how much they love Petersen. Then, the summer before we open at Boise, I move to Portland.

I'm not the typical optimistic homer, so I think that we are a bit outmatched against BSU at their house, especially with minimal QB and OL experience. I'd like to win, naturally, but I think that's a stretch. Harsin is doing a good job, and most importantly based on my impressions of Boise, feels to the fanbase like one of the family, which has done a lot to reduce the impact of the coaching change. I think Vegas is about right, but I hope we give you all a game to remember. A bad turnover or a special teams bohica could end up being the margin.
Hideous! LOL

Have a good trip over, should be an electric atmosphere.

I think we win because of all the Husky starters that are out, plus the home field advantage. I do hope it's a competitive game. But I still love Coach Pete and hope you guys win all your games after the season opener.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Hideous! LOL

Have a good trip over, should be an electric atmosphere.

I think we win because of all the Husky starters that are out, plus the home field advantage. I do hope it's a competitive game. But I still love Coach Pete and hope you guys win all your games after the season opener.
I wish I could make it. Just can't pull it off this year, eight-hour drive. That's why it was such a drag with my timing.

Only one normal Husky starter is out: John Ross III, a truly electrifying player. Our problem is not injuries, but inexperience at QB and OL. Unfortunately, the combination of those two is a bad one. We have one rFR QB who is a little-known quantity, one FR who is supposed to be the next Cody Pickett (thank you, Caldwell) but we'd rather see him debut under more eased-in circumstances, and one rJR with a rifle arm and fullback running ability but who has struggled with throwing accuracy. With a solid veteran OL, a QB can get comfortable. Without it, he may not be able to, and that could kill us. Thanks for the good wishes--they mirror what everyone said to me the day Petersen changed jobs, and I went out and about to take whatever I had coming to me. Like to see BSU win, especially against Fresneck. You mustn't lose to Fresneck.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:29 AM

465 posts, read 299,891 times
To all College Football fans.

I sincerely hope that everyone's team has a great season. As a huge Buckeye fan, last year was unbelievable for me, 10 times better than '02, because I thought the season was over early but they came back and won(I love that fact the most). Then, this summer I had the privilege of watching the Championship highlights 3 times. I felt like a teenager smiling the whole time. Given my response and joy, I honestly hope that everyone's team plays well. Good luck! Let the games begin.

Go Buckeyes! The Ohio State!

Old 09-01-2015, 07:54 AM

9,153 posts, read 7,259,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I wish I could make it. Just can't pull it off this year, eight-hour drive. That's why it was such a drag with my timing.

Only one normal Husky starter is out: John Ross III, a truly electrifying player. Our problem is not injuries, but inexperience at QB and OL. Unfortunately, the combination of those two is a bad one. We have one rFR QB who is a little-known quantity, one FR who is supposed to be the next Cody Pickett (thank you, Caldwell) but we'd rather see him debut under more eased-in circumstances, and one rJR with a rifle arm and fullback running ability but who has struggled with throwing accuracy. With a solid veteran OL, a QB can get comfortable. Without it, he may not be able to, and that could kill us. Thanks for the good wishes--they mirror what everyone said to me the day Petersen changed jobs, and I went out and about to take whatever I had coming to me. Like to see BSU win, especially against Fresneck. You mustn't lose to Fresneck.
I was thinking there was a player or two dismissed from the team too, but I honestly can't keep track. Maybe it was another team I'm thinking about.

We try really hard not to lose to Fresno. LOL This year we don't even play them unless we happen to meet up in the MWC Championship game.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I was thinking there was a player or two dismissed from the team too, but I honestly can't keep track. Maybe it was another team I'm thinking about.

We try really hard not to lose to Fresno. LOL This year we don't even play them unless we happen to meet up in the MWC Championship game.
We did have a couple kicked off. You know how it is: with a new coach, there are always people who have the kind of Young Dumb Male moments that can't be overlooked, and it can take a year or two to sink in. Petersen doesn't care how good they are, either. One guy he booted last year is probably going to be a lockdown NFL corner this year. However, we didn't have anyone booted who would make me think it was time to plan not to care about bowl season.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:20 AM

776 posts, read 654,263 times
Can't wait for Saturday
I'll be in Fayetteville for the season opener and then to my friend's house for some late night TV games
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or