U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 11:05 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,523,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Didn't you see the replay that clearly showed there was no time on the clock?

The out of bounds call on the touchdown was garbage, but was a makeup call for the missed pass interference on the previous Nebraska possession that ended up chewing up a lot more clock. Not to mention there was still 17 seconds left, which would have been plenty of time for Nebraska to score the touchdown anyway given the complete and utter lack of Michigan State defense on the last 2 drives. Or the fact that Michigan State couldn't burn the clock after Nebraska made it 38-33. Nebraska only had 2 timeouts and yet they were only able to eat up 40 seconds....and an end around to a tight end on 3rd and 8?

Nebraska got the ball on their own 9 with 55 seconds left...no way they should have even been in position to score 3 plays later. Yeah it was a bad call but Michigan State was up 38-26 with under 2:00 to go, so let's not act like it was the only thing responsible for the outcome. At this point in the season, I'll take it. Go Big Red
yes I did see the film, and although others might not agree with me, my eyes saw 1 second left. Mute point now. Im looking at this from the point of a man who was heavily in favor of ANYONE playing against Michigan ST. Not to mention that I like Mike R. the coach of Nebraska.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 12:52 PM

4,728 posts, read 4,471,617 times
I would love to see Bama play Clemson, and I believe Bama would win.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:45 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,523,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
after watching what happened last night...be a good game but Bama wins like you said.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:40 PM

9,423 posts, read 7,067,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
after watching what happened last night...be a good game but Bama wins like you said.
I agree with that.. I think it would be a good game, however. I certainly think Clemson would be the underdog in that game, but I don't see it being a blowout. Is that possible? Of course. I wouldn't have seen Clemson beating Miami 58-0, but that happened, too.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:31 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,509,333 times
Well, they kept OSU ahead of Bama for now. Of course none of this conversation matters now because the season is still young. My guess is when OSU beats MSU and UMich, they move OSU up to #1 to set up an OSU-Bama national championship game.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Well, they kept OSU ahead of Bama for now. Of course none of this conversation matters now because the season is still young. My guess is when OSU beats MSU and UMich, they move OSU up to #1 to set up an OSU-Bama national championship game.
Well, Bama will have to get through Miss St and Auburn, and then, beat Florida in the Sec championship game to even make it into the playoffs.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:37 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,509,333 times
Shouldn't be an issue.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Shouldn't be an issue.
I hope not. I will be at the championship game to see Bama.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:26 AM

11,679 posts, read 7,040,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
So now you are making things up? The ACC has released a statement saying thy hudled and make the call about the block in the back and did not use replay he did not word his statement right.
Anyone with a shred of objectivity can recognize this as the ACC covering the arse.

Quote:
The plyer running on the field is a dead ball foul, sideline warning and is 15 yards on the kick off or PAT, so that would have not changed the play.
No one said any different. The point is - that no-call is icing on the cake as to the refs not watching what's going on out there. They didn't do their job and when it mattered most, they decided the outcome of the game.

Quote:
Also they have now come out and said the whole game was bad and that there were game changing plays that were incorrectly called against Miami.
And the reason they had to say that is because supporters of Miami were upset about the university not fighting back about their "win" being officially called a "loss" by the ACC.

Quote:
Are you going to cry and throw a fit for Michigan State now that Nebraska just beat a top 10 undefeated team on a terrible call? Does that need to be reversed and is the media going to go nuts?

ACC Announces Officiating Suspensions Following the Miami at Duke

What's with Miami fans thinking other games somehow justify the refs getting things wrong in one of the worst acts of officiating in football history?

Quote:
From the ACC report above

A block in the back foul was called at the Duke 26-yard line. After the officials conferred, which is appropriate, they correctly determined that the block was from the side, which resulted in the flag being picked up.
THE FLAG WAS PICKED UP AFTER ~9 MINUTES.

Quote:
The replay official was not involved in the decision to pick up the flag; however, the referee did not effectively manage communication and properly explain why the flag was picked up.
Ok George.

Quote:
In addition, the on-field crew failed to penalize a Miami player for leaving the bench area and entering the field prior to the end of the play. This foul would not have negated the touchdown because it would have been enforced as a dead ball foul.
No one denies this...just another blown call. Just a usual day at work it seems.

Quote:
More from the ACC
Atlantic Coast Conference acknowledged “multiple incorrect calls” against the Hurricanes in last weekend’s wild win over Duke, including an erroneous pass interference call on the drive where the Blue Devils scored a go-ahead touchdown.
PASS INTERFERENCE IS NOT A REVIEWABLE CALL.

I believe the press release stating the officials made "multiple incorrect calls" was sent out by Miami to season ticket holders and donors that were upset with the school for school just letting the ACC publicly "take away" their win.

Quote:
Duke’s go-ahead touchdown with 6 seconds remaining should have been reviewed closely to see if the ballcarrier actually broke the plane of the goal line.
Ok - and the official standing at the goal line had the best view and called it a touchdown. What good would reviewing it have done?

Old 11-09-2015, 12:34 PM

1,804 posts, read 3,694,997 times
U of H cougars slowly creeping up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or