U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 11:37 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,119,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that pass randall threw was one that he would not have made earlier in the season. that kid has a cannon for an arm, unfortunately he generally loads it up with full powder loads when he throws a pass. but he can run like a deer being chased by a bear when he gets his head up. having him in the back field is like having a second running back who can throw the ball.
That's right. The opposing defense needs to keep a spy on Jarrod Randall. His ability to pass is much improved, but is exceeded by his ability to run like the wind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 01:48 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,523,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
The thing about the pac 12 is that we are simply stacked. No such thing as an easy game these days, Id invite any team in the nation to run the table against us. You think going to corvalis, pasadena, usc, or stanford is a cakewalk? Any given day you might lose. No playoff? Thats fine..we have enough of a battle amongst ourselves.

Oregon just beat Stanford, everyone calling it an upset. Right. No such thing as an upset in the pac 12. Oregon was past due.
Oregon looks like top 10 program again. Can't defend that well, but can outscore most in the country.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:36 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,017,441 times
Congrats to Wazzu on being ranked.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:48 PM

907 posts, read 555,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Congrats to Wazzu on being ranked.
oh yes oh yes, we are very happy! thank you very much, you are very welcome. but this is not our goal, we want it all. sigh, maybe next season...

we can dream

now we just need the apple cup.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:08 PM

9,423 posts, read 7,067,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
Occupying the #1 slot means that you get everyone's best shot and your opponents play above their heads, particularly when they're at home. Keep winning, survive and advance - that's what championships are made of. Regarding SC and UNC, we've got decades of experience owning both of those programs - it's college football so anything can happen, but I'm not too worried...
I'm worried about every game. As you said.. You get everyone's best shot. SHOULD they win out? Yes.. But, don't think the SC game will be a cakewalk. I'd much rather that game be at Death Valley. The past means precisely nothing. After all.. Detroit hadn't won in Green Bay since 1991.. Until today.

The main point of concern, assuming they do make it through and come up against Alabama.. The run defense has given up 5 huge plays the past 2 weeks. That is very concerning. And.. UNC has a pretty decent run game.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:30 PM

447 posts, read 471,187 times
One game at a time...

Old 11-17-2015, 02:06 AM

75 posts, read 45,337 times
New playoff rankings come out tonight. Who do you guys think will be the top 10?

Old 11-17-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent23 View Post
New playoff rankings come out tonight. Who do you guys think will be the top 10?
I have a feeling Alabama will go to number 1 after Clemson's performance against Syracuse.

And everyone will rage, because Alabama is one of the villains of college football because of their 15 national titles. I'm just saying that's what I think will happen.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:19 AM

All right. Here are Week 12 selections and picks. I would have done them tomorrow had two certain MAC teams not been doing good.

Toledo vs. Bowling Green
Air Force vs. Boise State
Michigan vs. Penn State
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech
Iowa State vs. Kansas State
Georgia Tech vs. Miami
Michigan State vs. Ohio State
LSU vs. Ole Miss
Northwestern vs. Wisconsin
Arizona vs. Arizona State
UCLA vs. Utah
USC vs. Oregon
Georgia Southern vs. Georgia
Mississippi State vs. Arkansas
Tennessee vs. Missouri
Baylor vs. Oklahoma State
Texas A&M vs. Vanderbilt
TCU vs. Oklahoma
Cal vs. Stanford

I will start off with my picks.
Toledo vs. Bowling Green (Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!)
Air Force vs. Boise State (You seriously want me to take a team that lost to New Mexico at home?)
Michigan vs. Penn State (Whiteout can't save the Nittany Lions against Michigan.)
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech (I have a feeling that the Hokies are gonna pull off the upset.)
Iowa State vs. Kansas State (I like the Cyclones in this one after how they did on Saturday.)
Georgia Tech vs. Miami (Tech is having bad luck this year.)
Michigan State vs. Ohio State (I think the Buckeye bandwagon is about to get knocked off. If not this game, then eventually.)
LSU vs. Ole Miss (What the hell does Alabama do to the good teams that they beat?)
Northwestern vs. Wisconsin (Homefield advantage and the fact that the Wildcats had trouble with Purdue. But then again, Purdue is known as the Spoilermakers, so I might be wrong.)
Arizona vs. Arizona State (Both teams have disappointed me this year. But the Sun Devils disappoint me more.)
UCLA vs. Utah (Wazzu beat UCLA. But then again, maybe UCLA will come out swinging this game. But I think Utah wins this game.)
USC vs. Oregon (Apparently, even without Mariota, Oregon is still successful.)
Georgia Southern vs. Georgia (This would be an interesting game, but the fact that Georgia Southern got shut-out by West Virginia of all teams...Raises some questions.)
Mississippi State vs. Arkansas (I don't have faith in State anymore.)
Tennessee vs. Missouri (I think Tennessee will win. Even though Mizzou beat BYU. But any P5 team can beat BYU. Look at BYU's schedule this year for further reference.)
Baylor vs. Oklahoma State (Look at Baylor's record in Stillwater.)
Texas A&M vs. Vanderbilt (It's all in the defense.)
TCU vs. Oklahoma (The Texas loss did something to the Sooners that has lit them up.)
Cal vs. Stanford (Stanford rebounds from a home loss to Oregon with a victory over Cal.)

Old 11-17-2015, 12:51 PM

6,534 posts, read 4,486,193 times
Toledo vs. Bowling Green. Underrated rivalry game, but I think Toledo gets the win and puts the MAC West in chaos
Air Force vs. Boise State. How often do they lose 2 straight anywhere, much less 2 straight at home?? I know Air Force is tough to prepare for, especially without the bye week, but I think the Broncos prevail in the end.
Michigan vs. Penn State. Wolverines caught looking ahead to next weekend and it's bite them as Lions win in Happy Valley.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech. I think this UNC team could actually beat Clemson.
Iowa State vs. Kansas State. Officially a bowl elimination game??
Georgia Tech vs. Miami. Georgia Tech started the season number 16, was number 14 when they played Notre Dame, and were officially eliminated from playing in a bowl game the first week of November! What a free fall!
Michigan State vs. Ohio State. Home team wins this game.
LSU vs. Ole Miss. What the %$^k happened to these 2??
Northwestern vs. Wisconsin. I'll take the home team again.
Arizona vs. Arizona State. Sun Devils are severe disappointments this year.
UCLA vs. Utah. I know Wazzu is actually good this year, so losing to them isn't that horrible, but the way they lost and going on the road I'm not sold. Utah also had another bad loss, but at least they are at home
USC vs. Oregon. Imagine what would've happen if Vernon Adams was healthy those 2 Pac 12 games Oregon lost?? Completely different team with him out there and him injured.
Georgia Southern vs. Georgia. How come the SEC plays all these cupcake games before rivalry week??
Mississippi State vs. Arkansas. Arkansas had the miracle win on the road, Miss State got beat down like a red headed step child at home, give me the Razorbacks.
Tennessee vs. Missouri. Tennessee on the road?? No thanks, I'll pass.
Baylor vs. Oklahoma State. Pokes at home to eliminate Baylor from Big 12 title contention.
Texas A&M vs. Vanderbilt. Even though A&M has the better record is Vandy over A&M really an "upset??"
TCU vs. Oklahoma. With or without Boykin, the Sooners win, eliminate the Frogs from big 12 title contention, make the TCU/Baylor game irrelevant, and set up the game of the year in Stillwater between Oklahoma & OK State.
Cal vs. Stanford. Stanford at home, and won't need the band on the field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or