U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 01:42 PM

5,417 posts, read 7,727,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
I have a feeling Alabama will go to number 1 after Clemson's performance against Syracuse.

And everyone will rage, because Alabama is one of the villains of college football because of their 15 national titles. I'm just saying that's what I think will happen.
They only have 8 nationally recognized titles. OU could claim something like 17 titles but we don't. Same with Notre Dame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 05:40 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,892,774 times
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...202856228.html

I did not realize that they had added even more bowl games this year. A total of 41 will be played which means they need 80 teams to fill the bowl games.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:32 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,142,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...202856228.html

I did not realize that they had added even more bowl games this year. A total of 41 will be played which means they need 80 teams to fill the bowl games.
Everybody wants to get their team into a "bowl", so the more the merrier, I guess. Soon, there will be enough bowls to accommodate ALL teams in America, regardless of their records. It seems that the College Football Playoff will eventually be able to do the same?

Old 11-18-2015, 06:30 PM

500 posts, read 384,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Everybody wants to get their team into a "bowl", so the more the merrier, I guess. Soon, there will be enough bowls to accommodate ALL teams in America, regardless of their records. It seems that the College Football Playoff will eventually be able to do the same?
WOOHOO
Participation Trophies for all
No longer will be allowed to rank teams nor have a play off and a National Champion.
We do not want to offend the little snowflakes.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:03 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,860,123 times
Toledo vs. Bowling Green
Air Force vs. Boise State
Michigan vs. Penn State
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech
Iowa State vs. Kansas State
Georgia Tech vs. Miami
Michigan State vs. Ohio State
LSU vs. Ole Miss
Northwestern vs. Wisconsin
Arizona vs. Arizona State
UCLA vs. Utah
USC vs. Oregon
Georgia Southern vs. Georgia
Mississippi State vs. Arkansas
Tennessee vs. Missouri
Baylor vs. Oklahoma State
Texas A&M vs. Vanderbilt
TCU vs. Oklahoma
Cal vs. Stanford

Old 11-20-2015, 04:40 PM

11,787 posts, read 13,408,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
And everyone will rage, because Alabama is one of the villains of college football because of their 15 national titles. I'm just saying that's what I think will happen.
Alabama has 4 more accredited to them they don't claim. I figured most haters...I mean people (except Auburn fans) had come to accept "15." By now.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:19 PM

12,256 posts, read 7,159,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Bowls are just a consolation prize. They should be replaced with a 16-team playoff so that all postseason games mean something.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:25 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,184,876 times
We probably should have had a Pac-12 Thread here. However, many of the "old guard" don't want to see much change.

I wrote last week elsewhere that the Utah Utes really were that good, but one after another there have been a season full of serious injuries. I thought it was only six going into AZ. I was wrong, it was ten. The commentators always miss that.

Then when Booker got injured last week, bringing the total to 11 injured, I'm surprised the Utes could go to 2 OTs. Booker was suppose to have surgery yesterday. He's played his last college football. But he wanted to come back to prove to his family he could stick with a commitment and get his degree. I hope this injury doesn't drop Booker in the draft. He is a special athlete, IMO.

UTAH as a program has not had many injuries/season. The new training and practice facilities should only make them stronger. This is a new angle to the game for the team and fans to deal with.

UCLA at Utah, IDK. It might depend on who is healthy enough for both teams. I just want a game with no injuries. I hope thoSE with the opportunity for minutes that didn't expect will do their best.

Either way, I'll still be a Utah fan tomorrow night. Good, healthy luck, UTES

MSR

Old 11-21-2015, 06:43 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,142,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
We probably should have had a Pac-12 Thread here. However, many of the "old guard" don't want to see much change.

I wrote last week elsewhere that the Utah Utes really were that good, but one after another there have been a season full of serious injuries. I thought it was only six going into AZ. I was wrong, it was ten. The commentators always miss that.

Then when Booker got injured last week, bringing the total to 11 injured, I'm surprised the Utes could go to 2 OTs. Booker was suppose to have surgery yesterday. He's played his last college football. But he wanted to come back to prove to his family he could stick with a commitment and get his degree. I hope this injury doesn't drop Booker in the draft. He is a special athlete, IMO.

UTAH as a program has not had many injuries/season. The new training and practice facilities should only make them stronger. This is a new angle to the game for the team and fans to deal with.

UCLA at Utah, IDK. It might depend on who is healthy enough for both teams. I just want a game with no injuries. I hope thoSE with the opportunity for minutes that didn't expect will do their best.

Either way, I'll still be a Utah fan tomorrow night. Good, healthy luck, UTES

MSR
Utah has been an excellent program for the Pac-12. Unfortunately, injuries seem to affect certain teams at the most inopportune times. The Utes will continue to be a force for years to come.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:26 AM

12,256 posts, read 7,159,958 times
WTF is wrong with Florida 0-0 at halftime against Florida Atlantic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or