U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2015, 05:18 PM

5,655 posts, read 5,698,958 times

Advertisements

And #13 undefeated Houston goes down on the road to UConn's defense and two backup QBs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 05:33 PM

469 posts, read 417,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
And #13 undefeated Houston goes down on the road to UConn's defense and two backup QBs.
That's pathetic.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:44 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,017,965 times
Michigan State knocks off Ohio State. I wonder what Joey Galloway had to say...

South Carolina lost to The Citadel.

LSU suffers their third straight loss against Ole Miss, losing 38-17.

North Carolina won in OT.

Northwestern holds off Wisconsin.

Oregon knocks down USC 48-28. Also, Michigan beat Penn State 28-16.

Alabama dominates their cupcake. Still can't believe that Florida couldn't dominate theirs.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Michigan State knocks off Ohio State. I wonder what Joey Galloway had to say...
I had a feeling that would happen, I think I even said so earlier in this thread. Sparty beats Iowa, and they should be in the playoff IMO.

Quote:
South Carolina lost to The Citadel.
Had their half decade of fame, HOF coach bailed halfway through the season, back to being a crap program.

Quote:
LSU suffers their third straight loss against Ole Miss, losing 38-17.
LSU almost looks like they've folded up shop completely since the Bama game. Not the same team.

Quote:
North Carolina won in OT.
This team is a horrifically bad QB performance during the first game of the season against South Carolina from being undefeated. They're pretty solid on all sides of the ball, and they may very well beat Clemson in the ACCCG.

Quote:
Alabama dominates their cupcake. Still can't believe that Florida couldn't dominate theirs.
Alabama is still my front runner to win it all, just watching them. They just seem to be a level above everyone else physically. I just don't see a Clemson or Oklahoma State being able to control the line of scrimmage against them on either side of the ball effectively enough to beat them. Michigan State though...IDK.

This has been a really fun season, and it's shaping up to finish strong. We'll see.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:21 PM

5,655 posts, read 5,698,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
That's pathetic.
Yes and no. UConn does have a top 20 defense - certainly toughest Houston has seen this year. UConn did score a TD on opening drive while their starting QB was still in the game, so after that, they just had to manage the game and not be stupid. And it was on the road - and fairly cold for a warm weather team.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Yes and no. UConn does have a top 20 defense - certainly toughest Houston has seen this year. UConn did score a TD on opening drive while their starting QB was still in the game, so after that, they just had to manage the game and not be stupid. And it was on the road - and fairly cold for a warm weather team.
A top 20 defense against what kind of opposition though? I think any of the teams currently ranked in the top 10 would have beaten UCONN handily on the road. I could be wrong, but I think UH may have just saved themselves from getting embarrassed on the national stage much like Hawaii did a few years ago against Georgia when they went undefeated.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:57 PM

Looking at their schedule...how is Notre Dame ranked 4? They have played 1 good team all year, and that team beat them. And people complain about Alabama being ranked too high?

Old 11-21-2015, 07:47 PM

12,256 posts, read 7,118,470 times
Quote:
Looking at their schedule...how is Notre Dame ranked 4? They have played 1 good team all year, and that team beat them. And people complain about Alabama being ranked too high?
Yeah that seems a bit random to me, too.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:44 PM

1,997 posts, read 1,171,255 times
Georgia Southern almost took down UGA.

We lost in overtime. Too bad. Could have been an amazing upset like that game against the Gators a few years back.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:52 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,043,561 times
Quote:

This team is a horrifically bad QB performance during the first game of the season against South Carolina from being undefeated. They're pretty solid on all sides of the ball, and they may very well beat Clemson in the ACCCG.
their biggest problem is strength of schedule. SC is 3-8 and just lost to Citidel. UNC's biggest win came against 8-3 Pitt. They did blow out Duke and Miami, but had close games with GT and VT. They also beat two FCS teams.

Even with a win over Clemson, should UNC jump them in the polls? Clemson beat FSU and ND. They will also have a chance to beat SC....the team that beat NC! I would say Clemson stays ranked ahead of UNC unless the Tarheels blow them out by 25+ in an uncompetive game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or