Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2015, 10:03 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent23 View Post
Bama beat Georgia, Texas A+M and LSU who time has proven were all overrated and have disappeared from the discussion long ago. Now they may turn out to be the best team when its all said and done but IMO up to this point there high ranking has come from past seasons performance and the the incestuous relationship involving the SEC, their network, ESPN and the CFP committee and the drive for ratings and dollars.
what people refuse to acknowledge is that teams like bama and ohio state are given special consideration based on name recognition. ohio state didn't belong within a sniff of the fake playoffs last year, but there they were. you can argue that they "proved they belonged." that's fine. I'm saying they didn't belong in the first place. what TCU did to ole miss in their bowl game is evidence of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 10:24 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
what people refuse to acknowledge is that teams like bama and ohio state are given special consideration based on name recognition. ohio state didn't belong within a sniff of the fake playoffs last year, but there they were. you can argue that they "proved they belonged." that's fine. I'm saying they didn't belong in the first place. what TCU did to ole miss in their bowl game is evidence of that.
This post is pretty spot on, though I'm not sure what TCU had to do with the playoffs..?

Old 11-22-2015, 10:54 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Ducks are definitely the best in the Pac-12 at this point- too bad injuries and poor game management cost us a couple games this year. Oh well...hope we get to go to the Alamo Bowl so I can go. I'd love to play Baylor or TCU.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
This post is pretty spot on, though I'm not sure what TCU had to do with the playoffs..?
I was just saying that tcu and baylor belonged in the playoffs over ohio state last year. ohio state was leapfrogged over those teams because of their name brand. ohio state had by far the worst loss, at home to a .500 virginia tech team. tcu's only loss was at baylor 61-58. baylor's only loss was at WVU. I am a florida fan, but I have to say the big 12 does get disrespected. in 2011 oklahoma state was left out of the NC game in favor of alabama, who came in 2nd place in the SEC west. I have no clue as to how alabama was allowed a rematch of a 9-6 OT game loss. IMO, 2 teams from the same conference, especially from the same division within the conference should never be afforded that opportunity.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Ducks are definitely the best in the Pac-12 at this point- too bad injuries and poor game management cost us a couple games this year. Oh well...hope we get to go to the Alamo Bowl so I can go. I'd love to play Baylor or TCU.
totally different team when adams is healthy.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:23 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The bowls are a joke. There should only be 20 of them to make getting into a bowl game an accomplishment and you would also see good matchups across the board.

Looks like the Pac 12 is going to miss out this year on the playoffs. If Notre Dame manages to win out, then you'll also see the Big 12 also miss out.
The almighty dollar. It's not about rewarding teams.. It's about money. Period.

Making a bowl game pours millions of dollars into programs and the local economy wherever the bowl is played. There's a few stories.. Clemson really did a good job of this years ago.. Back when it was somewhat special to get into a bowl game, Clemson would somewhat game the system to get invited.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/04/sp...d-on.html?_r=0

Quote:
That, either one, would be a good game. Well, a good offensive game. Might be more like an arena football game so far as scoring.. One of those 64-63 games. Exciting, though.

I am a bit surprised.. AP has Iowa in the top 4.. Power rankings has Michigan State over them and Iowa at #5.. That'll sort itself out as, in theory.. If MSU makes it past Penn State, then they'll play Iowa in the championship game. It'll be interesting next weekend, as MSU controls their destiny, and OSU and Michigan play each other. I wish both games were happening at the same time because you'd have a ton of scoreboard watching going on.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:33 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Yep. I've been wondering when that would happen as well. It'd be interesting to see the Oregon Bears play the Baylor Ducks. They're pretty similar in many ways: flashy outfits; flashy offenses.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:08 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Yep. I've been wondering when that would happen as well. It'd be interesting to see the Oregon Bears play the Baylor Ducks. They're pretty similar in many ways: flashy outfits; flashy offenses.
I know we should be talking about all those "higher ranked" teams, but if Oregon could have just won that game against Wa St in over time, we "might" be talking about them in the national CG picture. Woulda coulda shoulda bla bla bla. I don't understand how Stanford, who we beat is so far ahead in the polls. Im glad we messed up the Cardinal and their chance at the playoffs. Go NOT Bama...just NOT Bama.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:11 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I know we should be talking about all those "higher ranked" teams, but if Oregon could have just won that game against Wa St in over time, we "might" be talking about them in the national CG picture. Woulda coulda shoulda bla bla bla. I don't understand how Stanford, who we beat is so far ahead in the polls. Im glad we messed up the Cardinal and their chance at the playoffs. Go NOT Bama...just NOT Bama.
Roll Tide! Go Bama, and thank goodness those annoying quacks aren't in the running this year.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:52 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
And #13 undefeated Houston goes down on the road to UConn's defense and two backup QBs.

And UConn became bowl eligible with that win . I think I said way back on page 5 or 6 back in September that I really like the direction Bob Diaco is taking the program. Once he gets his own players that fit his system, and a competent QB, he can become the next "it" coach out of the AAC after Justin Fuente leaves Memphis & the Houston coach depart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football