Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 04:16 PM

9,704 posts, read 7,376,270 times

Advertisements

Texas Tech vs. Texas. Texas is better at home, and Tech is worse on the road.
Marshall vs. Western Kentucky. Underrated matchup, I'll take the 'Toppers at home
Navy vs. Houston. Cougs coming off a road loss to UConn last week, and I go back to what I said in the Navy/Memphis preview from earlier in the month: if you don't see the Navy/Air Force option much and you only have a week to prepare for it, chances are it's not going to go well. Memphis was coming off playing the previous week, was still undefeated, and they got trounced. Houston is coming off playing the previous week, and is not undefeated anymore.
Missouri vs. Arkansas. Both teams are terrible, but think the Tigers will pull this off for Pinkel.
Washington State vs. Washington. First time in about 13 years the Apple Cup is actually relevant. Cougs won't be in the Pac 10 title game, but with a win would eliminate the Huskies from playing in a bowl which maybe just as good as playing in the Pac 12 title game if not better.
Iowa vs. Nebraska. They got bailed out against Sparty to keep them alive, I think they'll knock the Hawkeyes out of the playoffs and get themselves to a bowl game. My "upset of the week."
Baylor vs. TCU. Remember when I said 6 weeks ago this would be the game of the year?? . Yup, I feel like a total idiot right now!
Ohio State vs. Michigan. If Michigan can't beat them this year at home with the Buckeyes coming off a loss pretty much eliminating them from defending their title, then when will the Wolverines EVER beat them again??
Northwestern vs. Illinois. Luckily for Northwestern, and unluckily for Illinois this game is at a neutral field, and like I predict in basketball on a neutral court (or in this case field) the better team usually wins, and Northwestern is the better team. It doesn't happen always, but I'd say on a neutral court the better teams wins about 60-70% of the time.
Penn State vs. Michigan State. Spartyvs. Iowa in the Big 10 title game. Who saw that coming in August??
North Carolina vs. NC State. I think the Heels will actually beat Clemson next weekend, so let's do a what if scenario: if UNC does indeed beat Clemson (and NC State this week), AND they ended up beating USC in week 1, are the Heels in the playoffs IF everything else happened as is??
UCLA vs. USC.And the winner has the privilege of getting beaten to a pulp by Stanford next weekend!
Vanderbilt vs. Tennessee. Think Tennessee should pull this out at home.
Ole Miss vs. Mississippi State. Ole Miss beating Alabama, and South Carolina beating North Carolina are the 2 biggest "WTF results" of the year?? What other 3 round out the top 5?? Nebraska over Michigan State shouldn't count because the refs handed Nebraska that game.
Florida State vs. Florida. I saw this in the New York Post today in the betters guide section: "The Gators are like the tooth fairy. You never see them at night, but when you wake up in the morning, the results are the same." Granted, they pick against the spread (Florida State +2), but I think Florida State wins even in Gainesville.
Texas A&M vs. LSU. Remember when LSU was a national championship contender?? I still think they'll win because the Aggies are going through the annual second half swoon.
Notre Dame vs. Stanford. If Michigan State & Iowa both win, you can say goodbye to the playoffs Notre Dame!
Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State. Game lost a lot of muster after OK State's game last week. Still don't think Oklahoma, the same team that lost to the worst Texas team since BEFORE Brown arrived should be in the playoffs, but after getting screwed last year, OK winning this game probably gets them into the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 04:19 PM

USC over UCLA. Forgot to bold that and it won't let me edit.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:26 PM

17,409 posts, read 14,989,640 times
Good article over at ESPN about how to completely blow up the playoffs.. So, toss this into your 'what if' pipe..

1) UNC Beats Clemson
2) Florida loses to Florida State, then beats Alabama in the SEC Championship
3) Iowa loses to Nebraska, then beats Michigan State
4) Notre Dame loses to Stanford, who then loses the PAC-12 championship to USC

Ok.. So.. All that happens. Who are the top 4?

Old 11-25-2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Good article over at ESPN about how to completely blow up the playoffs.. So, toss this into your 'what if' pipe..

1) UNC Beats Clemson
2) Florida loses to Florida State, then beats Alabama in the SEC Championship
3) Iowa loses to Nebraska, then beats Michigan State
4) Notre Dame loses to Stanford, who then loses the PAC-12 championship to USC

Ok.. So.. All that happens. Who are the top 4?

You should add a 5th as well: Oklahoma State beating Oklahoma
If you really wanted to get crazy add a 6th: TCU beating Baylor.

I'll take a stab at the original question. Not necessarily the order, but I'd say the Oklahoma/OK State winner would definitely be in. That'd be the easiest choice, and a no brainer in my mind. Number 2 I'd go with Baylor, number 3 I'd go Florida, and number 4 Navy, but there's about 20 teams you could pick for the last 3 spots. I went with teams that won their conference (and since the Big 12 has no title game Baylor could only tie for the title with the OK/OK State winner), and that's why I took Navy for the final team. UNC would've beaten the better teams, but Navy is already ranked higher and their 1 loss (Notre Dame) is better then UNC's 1 loss (South Carolina)

Old 11-26-2015, 12:56 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,953,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I'll take a stab at the original question. Not necessarily the order, but I'd say the Oklahoma/OK State winner would definitely be in. That'd be the easiest choice, and a no brainer in my mind. Number 2 I'd go with Baylor, number 3 I'd go Florida, and number 4 Navy, but there's about 20 teams you could pick for the last 3 spots. I went with teams that won their conference (and since the Big 12 has no title game Baylor could only tie for the title with the OK/OK State winner), and that's why I took Navy for the final team. UNC would've beaten the better teams, but Navy is already ranked higher and their 1 loss (Notre Dame) is better then UNC's 1 loss (South Carolina)
If Navy somehow convincingly earns the 4th spot, the P5 poobahs will find a way to change the rules to keep out that G5 riff-raff. God forbid serious bowl money gets distributed to the American Conference.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:20 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,295,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, y'all do struggle with spread teams every year, don't ya?
Well, ya'll have struggled all season haven't you?

Old 11-26-2015, 08:53 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,375,682 times
My game with Tech is making me nervous. Holy crap...

Old 11-26-2015, 09:40 PM

Damn it. We lost and are not getting in a bowl because of a fluke catch. I said worse things on the Reddit game thread that i can't say here. Don't believe me? Look at my Reddit account (TexasRealm1) for proof.

Congrats, Tech. I guess...

FML.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:09 PM

Houston's putting up a pretty damn good fight against Navy.

Mizzou-Arkansas is on.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:55 PM

Iowa hangs on to beat Nebraska. Toledo has been upset.

Oregon almost lost to Oregon State. They need to fire their DC.

Baylor-TCU is a good game right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football