U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 08:16 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,855,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent23 View Post
Another great weekend of games especially the seesaw battle between Stanford and Notre Dame. Well I think it's safe to say that Oklahoma is in the playoff but the other 3 spots are still up for grabs.
I agree Oklahoma is in.

Other 3 up for grabs? I don't think so. Pretty much already wrapped up already unless Clemson or Bama fall.

Clemson still #1 barring an upset vs NC.
Bama still #2 barring an upset vs FL (could be jumped by OK, but it won't make a difference, cause these two will likely play each other in round 1 regardless).
Iowa/Michigan St. winner is the 4 seed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 10:35 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,885,493 times
ESPN is projecting an Ohio State - Stanford Rose Bowl. Personally, I think Iowa deserves to be playing out in Pasadena should they lose the Big Ten title game. They went 12-0 and won their division in the Big Ten.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:42 AM

3,192 posts, read 6,351,010 times
My CFP Rankings (as of 11/30/2015)

1. Clemson (Alright, I changed my views of Clemson since my last post! LOL!)
2. Alabama
3. Iowa
4. Oklahoma

Next 4....
5. Michigan State
6. Stanford
7. Ohio State
8. North Carolina

I think if Clemson loses to UNC, it stays in, but goes down to 3. (Unless the loss to UNC is, like, 70-0! LOL!)

OU Stays, despite no conference postseason! (Big 12 team with 1 early stank loss--Texas--BUT strong schedule and late season run.....with some defense!).

It's Iowa v. Michigan State for the Big 10's CFP marbles!

That means Stanford, even with Pac 12 title win, would be the odd-team out, unless Bama thows up a real stinker to Florida!

A UNC win over Clemson, unless it's, say, 70-0 (LOL!), would not be enough, given, a) S. Carolina game would be the 'worst of the one losses'! b) the super-soft schedule compared to the others!

Old 11-30-2015, 10:43 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,855,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
ESPN is projecting an Ohio State - Stanford Rose Bowl. Personally, I think Iowa deserves to be playing out in Pasadena should they lose the Big Ten title game. They went 12-0 and won their division in the Big Ten.

Rose has said they'll take the highest ranked from each conference.
Ohio St. is already sitting at 6 and the loser of the Iowa/MSU game will likely fall below them.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:58 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,020,247 times
Coaching carousel update.

Clay Helton is USC's new head coach. Clay Helton Named USC Head Football Coach - University of Southern California Official Athletic Site

Maryland is talking to Richt. Maryland Talking to Mark Richt; Meeting Could Come Soon

South Carolina is interested in Muschamp.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:19 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,133,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post

Clay Helton is USC's new head coach. Clay Helton Named USC Head Football Coach - University of Southern California Official Athletic Site

Maryland is talking to Richt. Maryland Talking to Mark Richt; Meeting Could Come Soon

Good for Clay Helton. Interim coaches seem to be overlooked at most universities, and that entire USC/Hollywood thing usually isn't very kind to anyone outside of those who are the most shiny & flashy.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:53 PM

500 posts, read 382,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post

South Carolina is also talking to Jeremy Pruitt, UGA Assistant

Old 12-03-2015, 04:56 AM

75 posts, read 45,449 times
Miami hired Richt

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...epts-miami-job

Old 12-03-2015, 05:05 AM

75 posts, read 45,449 times
My picks for Saturday

Michigan St. takes out Iowa in a defensive battle
Stanford over USC in a high scoring affair
I'll be pulling for Florida but suspect Bama will take this one, since Grier's suspension Gators are not the same team.
North Carolina squeaks by Clemson and throws a monkey wrench in the playoff picture.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:39 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,133,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent23 View Post
Wow. Now that should be very interesting to follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or