U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 06:39 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,021,915 times

Advertisements

Good morning, everyone.

Here are Week 14's selections and picks.

Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois
Temple vs. Houston
Texas vs. Baylor
Southern Miss vs. Western Kentucky
Florida vs. Alabama
West Virginia vs. Kansas State
Air Force vs. San Diego State
USC vs. Stanford
Michigan State vs. Iowa
North Carolina vs. Clemson

Here are my picks.
Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois (Bowling Green has looked really well this year.)
Temple vs. Houston (Houston is a really good team.)
Texas vs. Baylor (This game has the potential to be the worst ass-beating we take this year.)
Southern Miss vs. Western Kentucky (Western Kentucky's offense is too awesome for Southern Miss to handle.)
Florida vs. Alabama (With how bad Florida's offense has been, Alabama's liable to shut them out.)
West Virginia vs. Kansas State (I don't think either Kansas team will get a bowl this year.)
Air Force vs. San Diego State (Underrated matchup. And i'll take San Diego State in this one.)
USC vs. Stanford (It's hard to beat the same team twice in one season.)
Michigan State vs. Iowa (I have a lot of faith in the Hawkeyes this year. But it's not enough for me to pick them over Michigan State.)
North Carolina vs. Clemson (My upset pick of the week.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 09:57 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,859,155 times
Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois
Temple vs. Houston
Texas vs. Baylor
Southern Miss vs. Western Kentucky
Florida vs. Alabama
West Virginia vs. Kansas State
Air Force vs. San Diego State
USC vs. Stanford
Michigan State vs. Iowa
North Carolina vs. Clemson

Old 12-04-2015, 03:49 PM

75 posts, read 45,500 times
I agree with this as well, the Big 10 seems to have the stronger conference this year.

Big Ten staking claim as best conference

Old 12-04-2015, 07:22 PM

1,916 posts, read 939,261 times
My predictions for the championship games tomorrow.

AACCG: TEM 21-24 HOU
CUSACG: USM 31-42 WKU
SECCG: FLA 10-31 ALA
MWCG: AFA 28-20 SDSU Upset
PAC12CG: USC 21-35 STAN
B1GCG: MSU 17-10 IOWA
ACCCG: UNC 31-41 CLEM

Old 12-04-2015, 11:35 PM

6,553 posts, read 4,511,174 times
I haven't seen the NIU/Bowling Green score yet, so I'll still pick it:

Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois. With Toledo out of the way, I'll take the Huskies, even though the Falcons are favored.
Temple vs. Houston. Houston with Ward should make enough plays to get the win.
Texas vs. Baylor. There will be 5-7 teams going bowling this year....will the Horns care about being one of those 5-7 teams possibly being selected?? Baylor still has a shot at a BCS bowl since OK will be in the playoffs.
Southern Miss vs. Western Kentucky. The Toppers!
Florida vs. Alabama. I think this maybe close for a half, but Alabama wins by 20+ in the end. Have you seen Florida in November??
West Virginia vs. Kansas State. Will be odd to see K-state not in a bowl game.
Air Force vs. San Diego State. Tough to prepare for the Air Force ground attack.
USC vs. Stanford. Already played and beat them in LA, early in the season when USC was better and Stanford was worse, now Stanford has the defacto home game in Santa Clara right down the road from Palo Alto.
Michigan State vs. Iowa. Iowa's a good story, but really their schedule was complete $#!t this year, so I'll take Sparty who went through the ringer this year in the East with Michigan, Ohio State and the game with Oregon. Iowa's best win is who?? Wisconsin?? Northwestern??
North Carolina vs. Clemson. My "upset" of the week, and really this shouldn't be much of an upset either. I've been saying for the past 3 weeks that UNC would win this game, so why would I stop now?? If this happens the biggest question is who will be #4?? You know the Sparty/Iowa winner, Oklahoma, and Alabama will be 3 teams, but will Clemson be able to hold off Ohio State for that last spot??

Old 12-05-2015, 11:06 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,021,915 times
I honestly think TCU has broken Baylor. We're up 17-0 over Baylor right now.

Southern Miss and Houston are looking good, last time i checked.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:22 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,140,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
I honestly think TCU has broken Baylor. We're up 17-0 over Baylor right now.

Southern Miss and Houston are looking good, last time i checked.
Texas has been a total mystery to me this year!

Old 12-05-2015, 12:02 PM

6,553 posts, read 4,511,174 times
Texas is the biggest Jekyll & Hyde team you must be frustrated SouthernTiger. Sure, it wasn't going to be a "good" 8-4 or 9-3 season, but you have to think you beat Oklahoma and on their way to beating Baylor (up 20-0 at halftime) you think they should get 4 other wins fairly easily: Iowa State & Kansas both suck, West Virginia & Texas Tech can't play defense, Kansas State was the definition of mediocre figured you go 3-2 at worst and there's 5 wins. Then you just have to win 1 of: Rice, Cal (@ home), Oklahoma State (at home) to get the requisite 6 wins. As is, they should have beaten Oklahoma State anyways, and could have beaten Cal (at least would have sent that game to overtime), and when you look at it, this could've been a 7-5, 8-4 team this year

Old 12-05-2015, 12:27 PM

CG Scores
AACCG: TEM 10-24 HOU 3Q
CUSACG: USM 28-21 WKU 3Q
Other games
TEX 20 BAY 7 3Q

Baylor is driving right now....

Old 12-05-2015, 12:35 PM

CG Scores
AACCG: TEM 10-24 HOU 3Q
CUSACG: USM 28-24 WKU 3Q
Other games
TEX 20 BAY 7 3Q

WKU Kicked a FG.
BAY in TEX territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or