Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 08:22 AM

4,436 posts, read 7,643,750 times

Advertisements

1. Harbaugh better start taking snaps! If a QB on Michigan's crew can catch up to its defense and tight end, watch out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 10:48 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,576,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
And some different teams re-building with others looking much stronger than most think. I think there are four or five teams who could win, but have to acknowledge the Wildcats are tough.

It should be an interesting season

MSR
The Wildcats won 42-32, but mostly struggled with a UTSA team which lost most of its starters! The worst news is that Scooby Wright left the game in the first quarter with a knee injury . Hope to get more info on that soon.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:59 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,656,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
The Wildcats won 42-32, but mostly struggled with a UTSA team which lost most of its starters! The worst news is that Scooby Wright left the game in the first quarter with a knee injury . Hope to get more info on that soon.
understand though that UTSA is the real deal. they are a tough team to play.

as for scooby wright, from what i can tell his knee is likely sprained as he is walking around on it(i used to be a student trainer years ago in high school and had to deal with that very injury). coach will probably keep him out of the next game, or perhaps the next two games to get him ready for the pac-12 season opener against UCLA when we will need him the most.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:16 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,576,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
understand though that UTSA is the real deal. they are a tough team to play.

as for scooby wright, from what i can tell his knee is likely sprained as he is walking around on it(i used to be a student trainer years ago in high school and had to deal with that very injury). coach will probably keep him out of the next game, or perhaps the next two games to get him ready for the pac-12 season opener against UCLA when we will need him the most.
True. UTSA always looks very good at the QB and receiver positions, and their coach, Larry Coker, was the guy Miami unloaded after a so-so season in 2006. Coker took Miami to their 2001 National Championship.

Regarding Scooby, thanks, rbohm. That's a much better outlook than what most Wildcat fans were imagining!

Old 09-06-2015, 04:51 AM

75 posts, read 57,480 times
Great first weekend of games so far, just two upsets in the top 25. Stanford lost to a tough Northwestern squad 16-6 and Arizona St. was beaten by Texas A&M 38-17. I think Va Tech keeps it close for a while but Ohio St. wins by 2 touchdowns.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:19 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,294,391 times
Bama looked good, but they need to work with Coker. Sometimes he appeared lost and confused. Also, the kicker does not seem 100% yet. Auburn looked weaker than I thought they would. Georgia looked good, but they played an easy opponent. Miss St had some trouble with Southern Miss at first, and that was a surprise.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:13 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,656,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
True. UTSA always looks very good at the QB and receiver positions, and their coach, Larry Coker, was the guy Miami unloaded after a so-so season in 2006. Coker took Miami to their 2001 National Championship.

Regarding Scooby, thanks, rbohm. That's a much better outlook than what most Wildcat fans were imagining!
it seems scooby will be out at least a month. he had surgery on his knee;

Scooby Wright of Arizona Wildcats undergoes surgery for lateral meniscus tear

he might be ready for oregon st.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:12 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,244,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
If Vernon Adams stays healthy all year and the Ducks OL does as well, Oregon wins the Pac-12 for the 5th time in 7 years imo.
Well, I think we will have a winning season, but after I watched over 500 yards of offense against the ducks last night...Im pretty concerned. Someone please go get Nick back out of retirement so we can get back to at least a mediocre to good defense. That was so bad...I started to hope Oregon would not score at the end of the game because I did not want EAW to get the ball back. We didnt even hold them to a field goal last night. Yup, I think we win about 8 games this year. UCLA looks to be the class of the Pac 12.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:17 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,443,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Well, I think we will have a winning season, but after I watched over 500 yards of offense against the ducks last night...Im pretty concerned. Someone please go get Nick back out of retirement so we can get back to at least a mediocre to good defense. That was so bad...I started to hope Oregon would not score at the end of the game because I did not want EAW to get the ball back. We didnt even hold them to a field goal last night. Yup, I think we win about 8 games this year. UCLA looks to be the class of the Pac 12.
The postives were that without a doubt the biggest improvement is from game 1 and 2. I'm sure we played very vanilla, but yeah, the d didn't look good at all. We'll find out more next week vs. Sparty. Most of the Pac-12 looked shabby all around. UCLA is UCLA and will inevitably falter and USC will do the same. Mora and Sark are not good coaches.

Last edited by Acuda; 09-06-2015 at 09:33 AM..

Old 09-06-2015, 12:01 PM

8,773 posts, read 10,181,921 times
Washington State was a 31 point favorite and they lose. Yikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football