U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2015, 08:41 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,020,553 times

Advertisements

Military Bowl: Pittsburgh vs. Navy
Quick Lane Bowl: Central Michigan vs. Minnesota
Armed Forces Bowl: Cal vs. Air Force
Russell Athletic Bowl: North Carolina vs. Baylor
Arizona Bowl: Nevada vs. Colorado State
Texas Bowl: LSU vs. Texas Tech
Birmingham Bowl: Auburn vs. Memphis
Belk Bowl: NC State vs. Mississippi State
Music City Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Louisville
Holiday Bowl: USC vs. Wisconsin

Here are my picks.
Pittsburgh vs. Navy (I have to go with the Midshipmen in this one. Pittsburgh has been good this year, and while Navy did beat Army by 4 points, it's a big, big, rivalry game, and that plays into the factor.)
Central Michigan vs. Minnesota (There are too many bowls.)
Cal vs. Air Force (I have been impressed with Cal this year.)
North Carolina vs. Baylor (Baylor is without 2 or 3 QBs, Shock Linwood, and star WR Corey Coleman for this game. How am i supposed to take a team with that many offensive injuries? And if Baylor loses this, just watch people legitimately use this to criticize the Big 12.)
Nevada vs. Colorado State (Why are two teams from the same conference playing each other in a bowl?)
LSU vs. Texas Tech (Tech's run defense...good god. Fournette will probably break records on Tech.)
Auburn vs. Memphis (Auburn turned out to be a major disappointment this season, didn't they?)
NC State vs. Mississippi State (The Wolfpack are gonna get lit up.)
Texas A&M vs. Louisville (Petrino didn't start off well this year, but he's in a bowl that i don't think he can win.)
USC vs. Wisconsin (USC has been weird this season. They crushed Utah at home, but lost to Washington and Oregon?)

The next bowl game picks will be released December 28th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 04:40 PM

Miami Beach Bowl was a good one. Now, if only the camera angles didn't suck...

Old 12-21-2015, 10:12 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,504,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
New Mexico Bowl: Arizona vs. New Mexico. A home game for New Mexico and Bob Davie. They won on the smurf turf in Boise, and I think they can take out a Wildcats team that had high hopes this year and floundered.
Las Vegas Bowl: BYU vs. Utah (Holy War in Sin City). Kind of ironic these 2 playing each other in Las Vegas of all places??
Camellia Bowl: Ohio vs. Appalachian State. No idea
Cure Bowl: San Jose State vs. Georgia State. And of Georgia State loses, 2 teams playing in the same bowl will both finish with losing records! If that doesn't say "there's too many bowl games" I don't know what does.
New Orleans Bowl: Arkansas State vs. Louisiana Tech. Could be an exciting game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
A disappointing 2-3 on the first day hoping to get back to .500 with Western Kentucky over USF. Hilltoppers have been great, and a chance for a 12 win season is within reach.

Akron vs. Utah State. Is Terry Bowden still coaching Akron??
Temple vs. Toledo. Pretty exciting game, too bad I'll be working, so I won't be able to watch much or any of it
Boise State vs. NorthernIllinois. Another great game I won't be able to watch. BTW, why are they putting a game in San Diego at 1:30 local time?? Makes absolutely no sense. Switch this and the Go Daddy Bowl in Birmingham.
Georgia Southern vs.Bowling Green. Don't know much about either team.
Middle Tennessee vs.Western Michigan. Directional Michigan vs. non-directional Tennessee!
San Diego State vs.Cincinnati. I know this game is usually played on Christmas Eve, but why have it in the same time slot as the NFL game?? I'll get the rest of the first selections sometime Thursday or Friday.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:03 PM

Akron has succeeded in getting their first bowl win in school history. Good for them.

Akron football has a good future ahead.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:38 PM

Toledo has beaten Temple 32-17. I expect many people just got their first loss on their pick em'.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:12 PM

What happened to Northern Illinois?

Old 12-23-2015, 05:58 PM

16,532 posts, read 20,997,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
That game turned into a runaway, last time I looked Boise State was up 55 to 7. I thought Northern Illinois would give them a good game. I guess not though!

Old 12-23-2015, 09:41 PM

2,000 posts, read 1,176,407 times
Georgia Southern wins! Glad to see we're finally getting some national exposure!

Old 12-24-2015, 11:53 AM

8,556 posts, read 8,893,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post

I think Boise often time is under rated. NIU wasnt in the same stratosphere, they could play 10 times and it wouldnt matter.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:18 PM

Bahamas Bowl is a pretty damn good game.

I still remember that failed comeback by Central Michigan last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or