U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 11:23 AM

6,564 posts, read 12,305,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it seems scooby will be out at least a month. he had surgery on his knee;

Scooby Wright of Arizona Wildcats undergoes surgery for lateral meniscus tear

he might be ready for oregon st.
Hope for his sake it goes better than my meniscectomy. My calf filled up with blood, I could feel muscle fibers parting with every agonizing step, and the ortho denigrated me for wanting to know what was wrong. I couldn't even have continued playing even amateur athletics within a month--it took weeks just for the blood to work its way out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 12:13 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it seems scooby will be out at least a month. he had surgery on his knee;

Scooby Wright of Arizona Wildcats undergoes surgery for lateral meniscus tear

he might be ready for oregon st.
Yeah, it's more serious than originally believed, and Scooby must be devastated. The defense will have to make adjustments, to say the least.

Old 09-06-2015, 12:15 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,004,160 times
The spoiled children (Nebraska fans) are already panicking and hating on their new coach.

Old 09-06-2015, 12:17 PM

4,728 posts, read 4,472,347 times
Looks like the SEC needs their own thread to talk about yesterday's games and the future...just saying.

Old 09-06-2015, 01:28 PM

7,222 posts, read 8,234,549 times
Yeah the SEC is just a little too good for this thread isn't it

Old 09-06-2015, 01:43 PM

32,452 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Yeah, it's more serious than originally believed, and Scooby must be devastated. The defense will have to make adjustments, to say the least.
are you kidding, scooby wright is a warrior. if anyone will be back in a month, its scooby. every time i see him in uniform on the field, he has the look of a force recon marine getting ready to go into battle. i dont think he will be ready for the UCLA game, and perhaps not even the game after that, but i believe he will be ready for the oregon state game.

Old 09-06-2015, 01:45 PM

32,452 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda
If Vernon Adams stays healthy all year and the Ducks OL does as well, Oregon wins the Pac-12 for the 5th time in 7 years imo.
i disagree, i think this year the pac-12 champ comes out of the south. i dont know if it will be arizona, ucla, usc, asu, or even utah, but that is the most competitive division this year.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:12 PM

4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times
Default Thoughts after week 1

Some random ideas and observations on NCAA Football Week 1

Actually, there was a game awake ago where Montana beat one of the Dakotas, Brent Musberger was the announcer and I am finally, after all these years, seeing why people don;t like him. I'd still take him over Verne Lundquist any day, but until they can clone Keith Jackson, the sound button will get use this season.

==================================================

NAVY Looked like a National Champion against former undefeated Colgate*. If they had played Ohio State and beat the Buckeyes like that, then they would be securing a top ten place.

================================================== =======

Most people in Oregon wanted to see what the ducks would wear. Same in Maryland. When the uniforms generate more interest than the game, something is amiss.

================================================== ==========

(one of ) My Alma Mater, North Texas, is so far UNDEFEATED! YEA !!!

================================================== ============

The exciting finish may have been Brigham Young against Nebraska But perhaps those watching see the cost: QB Hill is out for the season. Sad.

================================================== =============

Then there was the latest incident at KANSAS STATE. From the state that brought you prohibition, Westboro Baptist church and President Truman (not in that order) comes this clip from ESPN's WEBSITE

Kansas State Wildcats apologize for marching band routine involving Kansas Jayhawks

The theme of the halftime show against South Dakota was "space," and involved scenes from Star Trek and Star Wars. During one formation, the Kansas State band formed the Kansas mascot and what was supposed to be the starship Enterprise crashing into it.

The spaceship wound up resembling male genitalia, which in turn set social media ablaze.

Kansas State president Kirk Schulz tweeted an apology for the performance, and band director Frank Tracz issued a statement Sunday in which he said "there was absolutely no intent to display anything other than the Enterprise and the Jayhawk in battle."

The routine was supposed to be the Starship Enterprise flying towards a Jayhawk, but what many seem to think is that it looked like a wiener instead.
Next week, against UT San ANTONIO, the Band plans to Remember the Alamo by forming a cannon complete with firing cannonballs.
================================================== =====

Yes, I still hate Texas A&M,

================================================== ====

Finally

Got to be the best siogn of the day.

Seriously though, of the top 4 teams, Ohio State, TCU, Baylor and Bama, how many will be in the final four playoffs?

Bama for certain, as it is in the fine print that they have to be there. Likewise Ohio State too, but they may well be undefeated or have one loss, but the other two? No way.

THANKS FOR READING . NOW GET BACK TO WORK.

* 1925 season, 90 years ago,

Old 09-06-2015, 03:33 PM

4,728 posts, read 4,472,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Yeah the SEC is just a little too good for this thread isn't it
Nope. It is just that none of you are talking about any of the SEC teams.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:46 PM

7,222 posts, read 8,234,549 times
This may come as a shock to you, but there are universities outside the SEC that have football teams. Some of us are even fans of those teams!!!

But hey, SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! Feel better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or