Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 07:15 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,160 times

Advertisements

Got your Man Cave? Got your TV? Got your munchies?

Get a death grip on that remote, 'cause here it comes...

Get ready for College FOOTBALL weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 07:52 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Pretty difficult not to get excited over the upcoming college football season (2015), and being a Pac-12 guy I'm looking forward to what the conference can do this year. Obviously, being from Arizona, I follow teams within the state.

University of Arizona Wildcats and Coach Rodriguez from Tucson were in the Pac-12 Championship last season, and the ASU Sun Devils from Tempe will always be a threat in the South.

Lest we forget, there is a third university in Arizona! The Northern Arizona University (NAU) Lumberjacks up in Flagstaff from the Big Sky Conference!

FOOTBALL! Bring it!
another pac-12 guy here. i think the cats have a decent chance at winning the pac-12 championship this year, however they may not make the playoffs this year, but the rose bowl is a possibility.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:07 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
another pac-12 guy here. i think the cats have a decent chance at winning the pac-12 championship this year, however they may not make the playoffs this year, but the rose bowl is a possibility.
The Wildcats were certainly tough last year, but there are always very good teams in the Pac-12. This season will be no different, and we'll be getting another interesting race!

Old 09-03-2015, 04:36 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,059 times
If Vernon Adams stays healthy all year and the Ducks OL does as well, Oregon wins the Pac-12 for the 5th time in 7 years imo.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:43 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,910,074 times
Tonights the night it starts!!!

Go Gophers!

Old 09-03-2015, 01:03 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
The Wildcats were certainly tough last year, but there are always very good teams in the Pac-12. This season will be no different, and we'll be getting another interesting race!
yep, and i think the south is loaded up again this year. i think the pac-12 champion will come from the south this year as well.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:21 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,430,606 times
The Utes did okay, but missed some big things tonight. If I were Kyle Whittingham, I'd show the clip of the L.A. transfer Paul and the Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty daily to player Paul for a week or longer. There is no excuse for that behavior and it cost the UTES a TD. Thank goodness they had another to still win. Mistakes happen, but emotional melt downs don't need to.

Andy Phillips missing two fieldgoals! Wow. That's a headline itself. Travis Wilson pleasantly surprised me. Booker will get his, the transfer from NYC who played at UCONN previously makes a great, fast back. It's going to be fun wathing him.

Some of those true Freshman are impressive. Covey from Provo..wow! I wanted to email the broadcast team and ask them to pronounce covers then Covey. No, it isn't pronounced Cove like stove. It's Covey like Stephen R. Covey, the author.

There was some much hype about Harbaugh. But UT's errors kept MI fairly close. I honestly felt that UT set the tempo for the majority of the game.

I never heard Harbaugh say anything positive about Utah, only MI. Maybe it's hard to leave with all the khaki bus hype stuff. I'm use to coaches who can recognize the talent in the opponent's team and coaching staff.

WTG Utes! There are things to work on, but beating MI isn't one to think about further this year.

It's so good to have college football season again

MSR - Proud Utah Alumni

Old 09-04-2015, 12:29 AM

Quote:
And some different teams re-building with others looking much stronger than most think. I think there are four or five teams who could win, but have to acknowledge the Wildcats are tough.

It should be an interesting season

MSR

Old 09-04-2015, 01:25 AM

This was the headline on MSN.

Utah spoils Harbaugh's debut, beating Michigan 24-17

What was funny is when the Fox Sports Team was interviewing Coach Whitingham, they asked if he'd talked to Coach Urban Meyers very recently? As a quick refresher Urban was Head Coach at Utah and kept Coach Whitingham as one of his coordinators. Kyle looked up at them and said he'd talked to Urban the day before Somehow, that answer took all the broadcast team offguard.

MSR

Old 09-04-2015, 06:02 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,793,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I know preseason rankings are usually garbage but Tennessee and Arkansas in the top-25? And Mississippi State not in the top-25?

Tennessee is a building team under Butch Jones. I think we can expect more this year, many may be surprised. The years of dismissing the VOLs may be over
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football