U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 04:36 PM

3,192 posts, read 6,356,930 times

Advertisements

........Don't go around parading 61-58 signs!!!!!!! It will keep BOTH you and your opponent out of the CFP!!!!!!!!

It tells the Committee that you can't play defense! A postseason would not have helped! Ya hear that, Baylor and TCU??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 04:10 PM

75 posts, read 45,507 times
I'm looking forward to the new season kicking off. Hopefully they will go to an 8 team playoff when the current agreement ends. Here's my pre season picks for this years playoff, Michigan State, TCU, Auburn and Oregon.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:42 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,801,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
........Don't go around parading 61-58 signs!!!!!!! It will keep BOTH you and your opponent out of the CFP!!!!!!!!

It tells the Committee that you can't play defense! A postseason would not have helped! Ya hear that, Baylor and TCU??????
So close...

Your message should really be, in this regard, to the Big 12. Trying to troll the committee into taking two teams by not playing a CCG backfired on them.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
So close...

Your message should really be, in this regard, to the Big 12. Trying to troll the committee into taking two teams by not playing a CCG backfired on them.
I don't think that a Big 12 Championship game or 'trolling' would've mattered. Ohio State's 59-0 whipping of Wisconsin at Big 10 Champs made a statement; a defensive statement!

If I'm on the Committee, and I'm looking at 59-0 Ohio State, versus 61-58 Baylor signs being paraded all over every College Gameday site every Saturday morning.....! A Big 12 Champ game wouldn't matter! My choice is easy!

And given the result, the Committee got it right!

Old 08-14-2015, 08:46 AM

2,471 posts, read 3,440,636 times
I've always said the only way you control your own destiny is win every game...if TCU doesn't choke a 21 pt lead away to Baylor or Baylor doesn't lose to a bad WVU team, then they would have been in over OSU...when you lose a game, you lose a chance to argue that you should have been there because you didnt' prove it on the field. And yes I'm well aware that my Buckeyes got beat last season too...but it was much earlier...(later losses have always hurt more then early losses)...and even still, if we hadn't been selected I would have felt the same way...you have to run the table to control your own destiny.

Ohio State will do that this year.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post

Big 12 non-defense bump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or