U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 08:39 AM

3,192 posts, read 6,353,150 times

Advertisements

Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State
Christian Hacklenberg, QB, Penn State
Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State
Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State (will only miss one game)
(but for a bad leg): Laquan Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 01:05 PM

1,587 posts, read 989,423 times
Scat, I appreciate your thread.

Not sure I get the early hype on Jones. He has a small body of work (he's only completed 57 passes in his entire collegiate career). Not taking away from Jones & his team's national championship.. but in those playoff games, Jones threw combined 2 TDs & 2 picks. Not really stellar individual performance(s).

Prescott has a much larger sample. To me he's a more proven commodity, and will ultimately be a more accurate passer.. fewer INTs, etc. But I guess we'll see in a few months. I'm hoping there are some surprising dark horses along the way. /peace/

Old 08-18-2015, 08:37 PM

601 posts, read 375,431 times
J.T. Barrett is going to be the starter for the Buckeyes in my opinion. Zeke Elliott probably has the best shot out of any of the Bucks. A sleeper pick out of Columbus is reciever Michael Thomas.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:25 AM

I'll add folk who hasn't played yet....

DeVon Edwards, Duke!
Zeke Elliot, Ohio State (that's three, and with folk adding Barrett, four Heisman Buckeyes!)

Too late to add Boykin and Scooby Snack!

A far-fetch, but I would love Terrel Hunt to come off his injury and do something with my alma mater, Syracuse!

Old 09-05-2015, 08:55 PM

I have to throw my picks away! Malik Zaire looks like he the ****!

Game manager plus cannon left arm plus Notre Dame name plus pocket passer plus Notre Dame name! This dude looks like he's got NFL tools. Only 'issue' for the pros might be his height! Isn't Drew Brees a shorty?

Old 09-05-2015, 09:07 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,020,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
I have to throw my picks away! Malik Zaire looks like he the ****!

Game manager plus cannon left arm plus Notre Dame name plus pocket passer plus Notre Dame name! This dude looks like he's got NFL tools. Only 'issue' for the pros might be his height! Isn't Drew Brees a shorty?
And then you woke up and realized he was playing Texas...a garbage team. I'd wait until going all in on the NFL talk.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
And then you woke up and realized he was playing Texas...a garbage team. I'd wait until going all in on the NFL talk.
And then I woke up and saw them QB tools mentioned!

Keeps this up, he's definitely the Heisman frontrunner. Kid from Oregon might put up 'system' numbers, but....!

Old 09-05-2015, 09:27 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,020,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
And then I woke up and saw them QB tools mentioned!

Keeps this up, he's definitely the Heisman frontrunner. Kid from Oregon might put up 'system' numbers, but....!
...but, but...which kid? The kid from Oregon who won a Heisman LAST YEAR or the kid from Notre Dame who won a Heisman 28 years ago?

I get it, you just throw out random players who had good games and then put out a list of Heisman picks like you are some guru. Next week, will you throw your picks away again?

Scat on out of here.

Last edited by Acuda; 09-05-2015 at 09:47 PM..

Old 09-06-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
...but, but...which kid? The kid from Oregon who won a Heisman LAST YEAR or the kid from Notre Dame who won a Heisman 28 years ago?

I get it, you just throw out random players who had good games and then put out a list of Heisman picks like you are some guru. Next week, will you throw your picks away again?

Scat on out of here.
Vernon Adams, the new QB for Oregon! Dude also came out smokin', yesterday!

Old 09-19-2015, 08:33 PM

1,587 posts, read 989,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Scat, I appreciate your thread.
Not sure I get the early hype on Jones.
Scat..
Update on Cardale Jones.. Today he threw for 36 yards, no TDs, & 2 picks against Northern Illinois. Last week he put up an anemic 111 yards against Hawaii.

Still early in the season, but a little off from a Heisman pace ..

peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football