U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 01:09 AM

8,548 posts, read 8,883,067 times

Advertisements

Buffs continue their big return to prominence next week beating the Utes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 07:40 PM

14,582 posts, read 22,426,770 times
Wow! Colorado Buffs' receivers are really awesome!

Old 11-27-2016, 08:01 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,881,732 times
Colorado has assured themselves a spot in the Rose Bowl now. Even if they lose to Washington, they're going.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:39 PM

5,412 posts, read 7,711,457 times
Although other Big XII fans won't admit it, we want you to come back.

Congrats on winning the PAC12 South. Perhaps OU and a few others will join you someday if the Big XII ever finally dies.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:53 AM

71,968 posts, read 83,656,005 times
How many heard only 5 times in history has a team gone from last in their conference to first in one season. I only wish my dad was still alive to have seen this year. Of course he lived through many wonderful Buff years, like the year they won the Orange Bowl. We were there to watch the game.

on the other hand, and a totally different conference, I am still trying to understand how San Deigo State got beat by Colo State: strange week last week. I think many teams are just looking ahead to bowl picks.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:14 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,160,428 times
Thanks nmmita for posting in the PAC-12 Thread. I appreciate it. The failure of anyone else from any of the PAC-12 teams speaks volumes of how come the PAC-12 isn't respected in the U.S. this year. Other conference fans can post together, even if they have a team thread, but not the PAC-12. That is actually important to remember when seeing what does and doesn't happen with the BUFFS and which Bowl you are invited to. Then there are the playoffs.......If anyone saw that meeting yesterday you know how the suits feel about CO and the playoffs.

I thought it was eight times in history having teams gone from last to first. That's what would make CO a more interesting team for many to see. Don't plan on it this year, unless something changes with the committee. It's not what I'm saying or think. I'm just repeating where the suits placed CO in the playoff brackets.

MSR

Old 11-30-2016, 06:05 AM

71,968 posts, read 83,656,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Thanks nmmita for posting in the PAC-12 Thread. I appreciate it. The failure of anyone else from any of the PAC-12 teams speaks volumes of how come the PAC-12 isn't respected in the U.S. this year. Other conference fans can post together, even if they have a team thread, but not the PAC-12. That is actually important to remember when seeing what does and doesn't happen with the BUFFS and which Bowl you are invited to. Then there are the playoffs.......If anyone saw that meeting yesterday you know how the suits feel about CO and the playoffs.

I thought it was eight times in history having teams gone from last to first. That's what would make CO a more interesting team for many to see. Don't plan on it this year, unless something changes with the committee. It's not what I'm saying or think. I'm just repeating where the suits placed CO in the playoff brackets.

MSR
I was just basing the number 5 from what was said by the announcers the other night. It was 5 before the Bucks game. Regardless I am very impressed.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:15 AM

15,790 posts, read 15,022,430 times
"One more second. Maybe two. Sefo Liufau needed just a little more time to let his receiver break free.

The Colorado quarterback could feel pressure coming up the middle, but he waited until the last moment, releasing the ball just before getting leveled by a blitzing safety.

“The guy was a little faster than I thought,” Liufau said, smiling at the memory. “He took a good shot at me.”

Sefo Liufau, a.k.a 'the toughest sucker in the building,' has Colorado playing in Pac-12 title game - LA Times

Old 12-01-2016, 11:30 AM

9,151 posts, read 7,218,216 times
I see your old coach (and ours at Boise State) is returning to his roots at UC Davis. Think he'll do better there? We were quite shocked that he was such a dumpster fire at CU.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:27 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,980,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
We were quite shocked that he was such a dumpster fire at CU.
There had been problems at CU for some time though. Bill McCartney uprighted the program after Chuck Fairbanks ran it into the ditch by the early 80's. Strange because he had great years at Oklahoma and then the New England Patriots in the late 1970's. Dan Hawkins? I liked the guy, had super years at Boise State (who I also follow when I can) but it just didn't work. It was evident to me that Chris Peterson was the driver to that machine. I still think back to the Fiesta Bowl game in 2007 with Boise State against Oklahoma. Whew, what a battle!

Back to CU. I was hoping John Embree Jr. could have brought the program back. FWIW, his dad John Sr. was a wide receiver for the Denver Broncos in the late 60's. I was a member of the Bronco qb club back then, got to meet a lot of players, met John Sr. Good guy!

Coach McIntire has put out the dumpster fire. He's done one heck of a job at Boulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or