U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 08:43 AM

2,020 posts, read 2,021,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Question for the lawyers: Can Sark file some type of claim against USC? Just interesting that an employee goes into rehab at the request of the employer. But the employer turns around and says "You're fired", without giving the employee the opportunity to address the issue.

And with that, What big name coach, one with a big ego, would want to work with a Haden, an AD who pulls coaches off the bus, publicly gets into people's grill at a banquet, and comes onto the field to argue a call?
Where I work, if I showed up to work drunk, I am fired, no questions asked. Now if I report to my employer that I have a drinking problem, I can go to rehap and get right. With that said, if I still go to work drunk after or during rehap, I am fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 09:33 AM

3,192 posts, read 6,359,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Where I work, if I showed up to work drunk, I am fired, no questions asked. Now if I report to my employer that I have a drinking problem, I can go to rehap and get right. With that said, if I still go to work drunk after or during rehap, I am fired.
But what if the employer makes the choice to send you to rehab. Can it just turn around, pull back on its first choice and fire you?

Old 10-14-2015, 02:41 PM

7,507 posts, read 8,071,942 times
Quote:
Haden yesterday accepted full responisibity in hiring Sarkisian, saying he owned. The USC President stated that he support Pat Haden 100% and is not in jeopardy of losing his job. Too be honest, I fear he may leave USC on his own, after all he is a Rhode Scholar with many otions.

As for Haden knowing Sark was an alcoholic at Washington, I don't think he knew. And who ever he talked to about Sark never told him anything. It is easy now for people to come out and say what they saw or knew, I woner why didn't it come out then. And if it is true that Sarkisian had a drinking issue at Washington, why didn't they do anything about it???
Because he was winning Football Games
When you're winning college sports everything is covered up. But when you're losing(USC Should not have lost to a average PAC12 team like Stanford) all those cover up come to light.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:18 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,758,449 times
Quote:
Haden yesterday accepted full responisibity in hiring Sarkisian, saying he owned. The USC President stated that he support Pat Haden 100% and is not in jeopardy of losing his job. Too be honest, I fear he may leave USC on his own, after all he is a Rhode Scholar with many otions.

As for Haden knowing Sark was an alcoholic at Washington, I don't think he knew. And who ever he talked to about Sark never told him anything. It is easy now for people to come out and say what they saw or knew, I woner why didn't it come out then. And if it is true that Sarkisian had a drinking issue at Washington, why didn't they do anything about it???
Because addiction is often ignored, covered-up, hidden, excused.

According to the LA Times article, Todd Marinovich told Haden that something was up with Sarkisian last August. There are two things Marinovich knows: SC football and addiction. It's a pity Haden didn't listen to him then.

Hopefully Sarkisian is getting the help he needs. His recovery is what's important.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:24 AM

15,869 posts, read 15,105,747 times
Great letter!

"To the editor: Everyone loses here. Football and coaching are said to build character. Unfortunately, the result now is the sullied character of a football coach and a sullied tradition at a school striving to get things right.

How many times does it take? It cannot be that hard.

How in the world, with all the resources available to USC, did this even start? Was the coach properly vetted? And why did it end with Sarkisian being thrown under the bus in a time of extreme need?

So much for the “Trojan family” support. From leave of absence to fired within about 24 hours? On a weekend? Not in person? Perhaps the tarmac was unavailable."

Michael A. Meczka, Los Angeles

A Trojan war over Steve Sarkisian - LA Times

Old 10-17-2015, 07:32 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,146,222 times
Unless I'm missing something, there seem to be more tragic ends to college coaches than ever before. Especially after some of the more spectacular and glorious ways in which many of these coaches begin their careers. In this case, USC needs to get their act together and treat people with more respect, especially when they have serious health issues.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:36 PM

2,020 posts, read 2,021,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
But what if the employer makes the choice to send you to rehab. Can it just turn around, pull back on its first choice and fire you?
Where I work, my employeer can't send me to rehap. It can only be initiated by the employee, and it has to happen before my employer knows I have a drinking problem. Once I show up to work and they suspect I have been drinking, I have to take a urine test right now, if I fail it, I am gone. If I choose not to take the test, I am gone.

With that being said, I hope Sark gets the help he needs, and gets a fresh start somewhere else when he is ready. Right now he needs to concentate on himself, not USC.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:42 PM

7,507 posts, read 8,071,942 times
After losing to Notre Dame Like they did i am starting to wonder if Sark was the Problem.
These kids seem to freelancing out there on Defense from time to time.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:47 AM

2,322 posts, read 1,774,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Wait, 7 win Sark is out before his 7th win? Besides his dependency problem, the dude has a coaching problem- he's horrible.
not only is/was he a sorry coach he is also a sorry person .. he`s suing USC for 30 million because they fired him for being a drunk >. HA ...

Old 12-08-2015, 10:00 AM

16,536 posts, read 21,026,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
not only is/was he a sorry coach he is also a sorry person .. he`s suing USC for 30 million because they fired him for being a drunk >. HA ...
I was listening to some CBS sports radio late last night and they were talking about this issue HOSS429 has brought up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or