U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 06:45 AM

2,086 posts, read 1,025,475 times

Advertisements

Cal vs. UCLA
Kansas State vs. Texas
Pittsburgh vs. Syracuse
Northwestern vs. Nebraska
Iowa State vs. Baylor
Auburn vs. Arkansas
Clemson vs. Miami
Wisconsin vs. Illinois
Indiana vs. Michigan State
Duke vs. Virginia Tech
Tennessee vs. Alabama
Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma
Washington State vs. Arizona
Missouri vs. Vanderbilt
Florida State vs. Georgia Tech
Texas A&M vs. Ole Miss
Kentucky vs. Mississippi State
Utah vs. USC
Ohio State vs. Rutgers
Washington vs. Stanford

What are your picks? I'll start with mine.
Cal vs. UCLA (I think UCLA's gonna rebound from the Stanford loss, and i think they'll beat Cal at home.)
Kansas State vs. Texas (Joe Hubener sucks. I personally myself think Texas gets their 3rd win of the year.)
Pittsburgh vs. Syracuse (Syracuse, honestly, isn't that good a team.)
Northwestern vs. Nebraska (Northwestern seems to suck in October for some reason.)
Iowa State vs. Baylor (Obvious.)
Auburn vs. Arkansas (I've known Auburn to start off sluggish, then get better as the season goes on. That's not happening this time.)
Clemson vs. Miami (This could have been an upset, but that seems unlikely now.)
Wisconsin vs. Illinois (Wisconsin is like Auburn...In a way. They start off sucking against non-conference opponents, then come conference play, they usually get better. I do think they'll win this.)
Indiana vs. Michigan State (Honestly, i do not believe that Indiana will get their 5th win in East Lansing. Michigan State will win this, even if it's by 1 point.)
Duke vs. Virginia Tech (VT ain't doing well right now.)
Tennessee vs. Alabama (*insert Rammer Jammer chant here*)
Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma (You really want me to pick Texas Tech after last week?)
Washington State vs. Arizona (Screw it, i'm riding the Wazzu train. They lost to Portland State, but right now, PSU is the best team in Oregon.)
Missouri vs. Vanderbilt (I think Vandy might be done winning this year.)
Florida State vs. Georgia Tech (Georgia Tech is the most disappointing team of the year.)
Texas A&M vs. Ole Miss (A&M seems to do good on the road, and loses at home. If they lose this though, their West hopes and playoff hopes go bye-bye.)
Kentucky vs. Mississippi State (I haven't bought State this season. I think Kentucky comes out of Starkville with a win.)
Utah vs. USC (I think Utah continues winning, with everything that's gone on at USC.)
Ohio State vs. Rutgers (It's Rutgers.)
Washington vs. Stanford (Sorry, Huskies. Not escaping Palo Alto with a win.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 06:53 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,865,774 times
Cal vs. UCLA
Kansas State vs. Texas
Pittsburgh vs. Syracuse
Northwestern vs. Nebraska
Iowa State vs. Baylor
Auburn vs. Arkansas
Clemson vs. Miami
Wisconsin vs. Illinois
Indiana vs. Michigan State
Duke vs. Virginia Tech
Tennessee vs. Alabama
Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma
Washington State vs. Arizona
Missouri vs. Vanderbilt
Florida State vs. Georgia Tech
Texas A&M vs. Ole Miss
Kentucky vs. Mississippi State
Utah vs. USC
Ohio State vs. Rutgers
Washington vs. Stanford

Old 10-24-2015, 10:05 PM

9,499 posts, read 7,191,433 times
Anyone care to make top 5 predictions?

Here's what I think it SHOULD be..

1 - LSU
2 - Clemson
3 - Ohio State
4 - Baylor
5 - TCU

LSU has wins over 3 ranked teams. Clemson 1.. OSU, Baylor and TCU have none.

What it will LIKELY be..

1 - Ohio State
2 - Baylor
3 - TCU
4 - LSU
5 - Clemson

I think Clemson makes the playoffs this year. Baylor/TCU play each other, so that will bounce one of them. I'd have said it would be TCU getting bounced, but.. With the injury today.. Perhaps not. I honestly don't think either of them makes the playoffs. LSU has such a tough schedule.. I think even if they lose, so long as it isn't to Alabama, they still make it. Clemson just has to get past Florida State, South Carolina and.. I'm thinking Duke in the ACC Championship (Pitt has to play ND).. South Carolina is pretty awful, but, rivalry games are less about who is the better team and more about who gets pumped up enough to win.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:42 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,865,774 times
Remember though:

1) A Pitt loss to ND doesn't hurt them in the ACC.
2) Ole Miss can still win out and be the West champ.

Most likely to make the playoffs at this point? I'd say Clemson as well. The rest all have very tough games to play in November.

I have Baylor at 1, but only because I rank a little differently than most.

I look at how tough a schedule is remaining. Because I hate to see a team sitting at #1 with no real shot at getting beat for the the last month or so.

1) Baylor has Kansas St., Oklahoma, OK State, TCU and Texas. With the QB out they could realistically lose three of these and possibly even more.

2) LSU has Bama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and A&M. Bama and Ole Miss are both on the road and Arkansas historically gives LSU a good game.

3) Ohio State has Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan State, Michigan. They could possibly lose to either Michigan School.

4) Stanford has Wash. St., Colorado, Oregon, California and Notre Dame. Notre Dame could beat them, Cal and Wazzou also , but much less likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or