U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 11:57 AM

4,891 posts, read 3,983,242 times

Advertisements

My LOCK of the week is UTSA

and my upset pick is Georgia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 12:33 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,021,073 times
It's Monday. I'd wait until Wednesday or Thursday to do picks...But that's just me. It's your thread, though.

I'll wait for a couple days to do my picks.

I wonder how the Halloween Cocktail Party will go. I think Florida will win, but it's a big rivalry game though.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:55 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,021,073 times
Okay. Now here the Week 9 selections.
North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh
West Virginia vs. TCU
Oregon vs. Arizona State
Illinois vs. Penn State
Ole Miss vs. Auburn
South Carolina vs. Texas A&M
Syracuse vs. Florida State
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College
USC vs. Cal
Clemson vs. NC State
Georgia vs. Florida
Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech
Maryland vs. Iowa
Vanderbilt vs. Houston
Miami vs. Duke
Michigan vs. Minnesota
Texas vs. Iowa State
Tennessee vs. Kentucky
Notre Dame vs. Temple
Stanford vs. Washington State
Arizona vs. Washington

Here are my picks.
North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh (I honestly don't think Pittsburgh is that good a team. I think UNC gets the win here.)
West Virginia vs. TCU (I know that TCU has defensive struggles, but i think they're gonna win in a close one.)
Oregon vs. Arizona State (Oregon has issues right now.)
Illinois vs. Penn State (I think Illinois will bounce back from the Wisconsin loss and get a conference win.)
Ole Miss vs. Auburn (Ole Miss is like Georgia when it comes to being incosistent. They win games they shouldn't, and lose games they should win. I think Auburn gets Ole Miss here.)
South Carolina vs. Texas A&M (Sorry Gamecocks, but your football team is bad.)
Syracuse vs. Florida State (Syracuse is about to get murdered.)
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College (Boston College always plays VT tough. I think they're gonna win.)
USC vs. Cal (Cal ain't that good. I think USC gives them a run for their money.)
Clemson vs. NC State (Clemson, but close, because remember - Many teams have been upset at Carter-Finley. Florida State many times.)
Georgia vs. Florida (This is my upset pick of the week.)
Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech (Oklahoma State has been really impressive, despite the close games in the first half of their season. They'll win this, and next, they'll have TCU at home.)
Maryland vs. Iowa (Easy win over one of the Big Ten's worst teams right now.)
Vanderbilt vs. Houston (I know Vandy got a conference win, but i think Houston's gonna win this.)
Miami vs. Duke (Miami football is not looking good right now.)
Michigan vs. Minnesota (I think, after what happened two weeks ago, Michigan bounces back from that humiliation.)
Texas vs. Iowa State (Iowa State has played us tough the last two meetings. I think we win it in a close one - again.)
Tennessee vs. Kentucky (I'm not buying Kentucky right now. I think Tennessee comes out of Lexington with the win.)
Notre Dame vs. Temple (It'll be close, because Notre Dame has won many close games.)
Stanford vs. Washington State (I'm getting off the Wazzu train on this one.)
Arizona vs. Washington (It was hard to decide a winner for this one, but i'm going with Arizona.)

Old 10-28-2015, 01:12 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,857,551 times
North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh
West Virginia vs. TCU
Oregon vs. Arizona State
Illinois vs. Penn State
Ole Miss vs. Auburn
South Carolina vs. Texas A&M
Syracuse vs. Florida State
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College
USC vs. Cal
Clemson vs. NC State
Georgia vs. Florida
Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech
Maryland vs. Iowa
Vanderbilt vs. Houston
Miami vs. Duke
Michigan vs. Minnesota
Texas vs. Iowa State
Tennessee vs. Kentucky
Notre Dame vs. Temple
Stanford vs. Washington State
Arizona vs. Washington

Old 10-28-2015, 03:22 PM

907 posts, read 557,592 times
Washington state over Stanford because my cougs are rolling this year. Rose bowl! Also huck them fuskies.

So proud to be a coug

Old 10-29-2015, 11:58 AM

6,551 posts, read 4,506,707 times
North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh. I'm with you Southern Tiger I don't think Pitt is that good. They've only played 1 team with a winning record, and are struggling to beat these bad teams. They have played 5 road games and winning on the road in college is tough, but they've only won 1 game by more than 8 points...that was at 3-4 MAC team Akron, and that includes an FCS team they beat by only 8. Plus, they are getting into the meat of their schedule: including this game, their next 3 opponents (UNC, ND, @ Duke) are a combined 18-3. I think they go 0-3.
West Virginia vs. TCU. Neither team can stop anybody, but TCU is better + at home.
Oregon vs. Arizona State. Both teams struggling, I like the Devils at home.
Illinois vs. Penn State. Don't know much about either, but I'll take the Nittany Lions in Happy Valley.
Ole Miss vs. Auburn. People that love the SEC are rooting for Auburn, people that hate the SEC are rooting for Ole Miss. Which Ole Miss team shows up: the 1 that played in Tuscaloosa, or the 1 that played in Memphis??
South Carolina vs. Texas A&M. This is like the 3rd straight year A&M is imploding in the second half of the year, but they should win this one.
Syracuse vs. Florida State. FSU bounces back
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College. This looks like a bowl elimination game as the loser will drop to 6 losses, and I can't see either running the table. Hokies still play UNC & @ Georgia Tech while the Eagles have ND. And seeing Virginia Tech not in a bowl game really won't look the same.
USC vs. Cal. USC looked good last week, but going on the road in conference play is a different animal.
Clemson vs. NC State. Clemson caught looking ahead to next week's class with Florida State, but Dabo Sweeney motivates the troops at halftime and they pull away in the second.
Georgia vs. Florida. Since Florida is the favorite, watch Georgia win.
Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech. OK State keeps pace with OK, TCU & Baylor in the Big 12.
Maryland vs. Iowa. Iowa stays unbeaten.
Vanderbilt vs. Houston. Taking an AAC team over an SEC team?? Yes I am, Houston, Memphis & Temple are for real!
Miami vs. Duke. This is my upset of the week. Interim coach factor + the humiliation suffered last week.
Michigan vs. Minnesota. Wolverines bounce back from the Sparty fiasco.
Texas vs. Iowa State. This will be close, but 'Horns hold on.
Tennessee vs. Kentucky. I thought both teams would be a lot better then they are.
Notre Dame vs. Temple. I know I said above Temple was for real, but for this week I'm jumping off the train, I'll jump right back on about 11:30 on Saturday night though.
Stanford vs. Washington State. Sorry Wazzu, Stanford's not blowing this opportunity.
Arizona vs. Washington. Huskies stay alive for a bowl bid.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:58 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,060,574 times
North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh-Pitt is legit.

West Virginia vs. TCU-Boykin and the boys run up the score again.

Oregon vs. Arizona State-Sun Devils at home in a squeaker.

Illinois vs. Penn State-Nittany Lions get it done with a little help from the 12th man.

Ole Miss vs. Auburn-Ole Miss leaves the state of Alabama with another win.

South Carolina vs. Texas A&M-Aggies end 2-game skid with win against the Gamecocks.

Syracuse vs. Florida State-Syracuse almost beat Pitt last week, but they'll get tomahawked by the Seminoles.

Virginia Tech vs. Boston College-Hokies get hard-fought road win

USC vs. Cal-Jared Goff goes off against USC.

Clemson vs. NC State-An outstanding Clemson team gets an easy ACC road win.

Georgia vs. Florida-Dawgs find a way in this rivalry game.

Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech-Cowboys stay undefeated with a tough match on the road.

Maryland vs. Iowa-Ferentz and the fat cats find a way without Jordan Canzeri as Wadley has another big game at Kinnick.

Vanderbilt vs. Houston-Commodores got their first SEC win last week, but they are no match for the mighty Cougars.

Miami vs. Duke-Miami got rid of their head coach, but their real Achilles heal is lack fo talent.

Michigan vs. Minnesota-Gophers will play inspired football for Jerry Kill, but the Wolverines D is just too tough.

Texas vs. Iowa State-Paul Rhoads saves his job and the Cyclone fans storm the field after a win over a mediocre Texas team.

Tennessee vs. Kentucky-Vols eke out on the road as the Wildcat fans look forward to basketball season.

Notre Dame vs. Temple-Luck of the Irish gives the Owls their first loss.

Stanford vs. Washington State-Cardinal go to Pullman and steal a win.

Arizona vs. Washington-Huskies at home in a squeaker.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:32 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,060,574 times
Week 9 Record: 16-5

I missed Miami, Florida, USC, North Carolina, and Oregon.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:09 AM

6,551 posts, read 4,506,707 times
17-4 missed Oregon, Cal, Texas and Kentucky (yuck!)

Old 11-02-2015, 05:48 PM

4,891 posts, read 3,983,242 times
Guess I missed both of those UNT Win its first game and the Alligators just keep on winning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football