U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-11-2015, 02:41 PM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,753,160 times
Reputation: 5197

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild100s View Post
So we're just going to discount all the racism he's experienced on campus because his Pops is in a certain tax bracket?

alleged racism....can you name exactly his allegations and explain what did the President of the University do wrong?....or you just another low information citizen that believe any allegation anybody makes about racism is true especially coming from a black man?.....didn't we learn our lessons in the Duke lacrosse and Tawana Brawley cases that lives were ruined?


did you actually read his demands or just make up your opinions with little to no information at hand?

 
Old 11-11-2015, 03:18 PM
 
462 posts, read 335,139 times
Reputation: 247
There are accounts from Butler and other black students at UM of the harassment and incidents of racism they've experienced on campus. And even professors have supported them.

It seems that folks like you are attempting to discredit these students and the football players because having to acknowledge racism exists makes you uncomfortable.
 
Old 11-11-2015, 03:33 PM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,753,160 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild100s View Post
There are accounts from Butler and other black students at UM of the harassment and incidents of racism they've experienced on campus. And even professors have supported them.

It seems that folks like you are attempting to discredit these students and the football players because having to acknowledge racism exists makes you uncomfortable.


harassment from who? you have names, dates , specific grievances?.....they don't even want reporters from the media exercise their 1st amendment right to investigate.


by the way, obviously you are unfamiliar or have selective memory of many false accusations about racism from the Duke lacrosse and Tawana Brawley cases and others cases that turned out to be false and with no merit in any court of law. Those cases had many "accounts" and support from people until it was properly investigated and it turned to be a hoax and it was about an agenda and publicity.


make the case.......who was harassing black students on campus based on race ??? other students, employers, teachers???? who.....if they were why only they wanted the President gone and the Chancellor who had nothing to do with the alleged harassment. ...why hasn't any student been expelled for the harassment or the teachers fired?


if you going to accuse an institution of racism from top to bottom you better have names, dates and specific grievances..there is a thing call due process.

but go ahead make your case......
 
Old 11-11-2015, 03:58 PM
 
462 posts, read 335,139 times
Reputation: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
harassment from who? you have names, dates , specific grievances?.....they don't even want reporters from the media exercise their 1st amendment right to investigate.


by the way, obviously you are unfamiliar or have selective memory of many false accusations about racism from the Duke lacrosse and Tawana Brawley cases and others cases that turned out to be false and with no merit in any court of law. Those cases had many "accounts" and support from people until it was properly investigated and it turned to be a hoax and it was about an agenda and publicity.


make the case.......who was harassing black students on campus based on race ??? other students, employers, teachers???? who.....if they were why only they wanted the President gone and the Chancellor who had nothing to do with the alleged harassment. ...why hasn't any student been expelled for the harassment or the teachers fired?


if you going to accuse an institution of racism from top to bottom you better have names, dates and specific grievances..there is a thing call due process.

but go ahead make your case......
You're making my point, sir.
 
Old 11-11-2015, 04:32 PM
 
500 posts, read 381,317 times
Reputation: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The interesting part of the 1950 groups manifesto is a demand of racial staff and faculty quotas.

The problem there is that blacks are 7% of students, 7% of staff and 3.5% of faculty.....but Asians are 15% of faculty.

But wait, the football team has hardly any Asians and has a huge % of blacks.

Their very manifesto is racist as it implies that the staffing is imbalanced due to racism (but the imbalance is due to high % of Asians) but the sports teams are imbalanced due to merit.

The very fact that the football players are supporting calls for racist faculty quotas and are inherently implying that Asians are "lesser" and got their roles not due to ability is pretty offensive.

Most people are unaware of the students demands past the removal of the leadership...but as you scroll down their list of demands there are some pretty sobering and racist items they are calling for.

Let's play along, shall we

The university president resigned. Now they have to find a replacement. Will this group be dictating that the new president be black? Or, can the regents hire the most qualified candidate for the position to lead this academic institution without taking their race into account?

Universities have turnovers in faculty, especially in TA staff. If 10% leave next year, this group is demanding that the university hire more black faculty members. If there are no qualified candidates that are black that apply for said openings, who fills that position? Is the class no longer offered? Which means it will take longer for every single student to complete their college education while they wait to take that course once an instructor is secured.

What if they have 1 black candidate each apply for each position? What if they are not qualified to teach said course or facilitate said position? Now we are going to have students in classes that are not being taught to the highest standard. Oh, I think you may see where I am going.........

They graduate and go out into the real world with a piece of paper from this fine institution and get offered a job. Once on the job the employer is going to assume that the newly hired college graduate has been thoroughly educated in the field of study that landed them said job. Well looky there, this new college grad is coming up very short on knowledge that is needed for this position. Same can happen with internships that are landed during the summers while in college.

This employer is know scratching his head thinking, man, what is up, this is the third person from Mizzou (insert school that follows said demands) that I have hired and they are really not providing our company with the educated workforce we need to function and grow.

Next year, employer is putting everything together for their campus recruitment workshops and looking at the schools they wish to visit........ you know, we have really gone bust on the people coming out of Mizzou. Let's skip them this year.

Next years Mizzou grads start having a hard time finding a job. Their rankings start sinking because they are not getting the quality education that they once had in the past.

Those new grads are now sitting there with a piece of paper that is not helping them land a job as every prospective employer has found their education lacking.

Next demand from students: WE DEMAND BETTER FACULTY as we are receiving an inferior education.




If no one sees this happening............ just wait, it will
 
Old 11-11-2015, 06:36 PM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,753,160 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild100s View Post
You're making my point, sir.

so you have no evidence and no argument....crystal clear!
 
Old 11-11-2015, 07:32 PM
 
462 posts, read 335,139 times
Reputation: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so you have no evidence and no argument....crystal clear!
Is it better to come up with some half-baked assertions and generalizations like you?
 
Old 11-11-2015, 09:03 PM
 
16,521 posts, read 20,961,579 times
Reputation: 47952
Um, this is a sub forum for college football. Haven't seen football talked on this thread yet. And there are still threads going in Current Events and Politics/Other Controversies.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top