U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 03:13 AM

6,564 posts, read 12,323,777 times

Advertisements

Before you put too much stock in anything Larry Scott says, do remember that he's the Pac-12 Networks' author who has failed, to this day, to get his network in front of most of its fans. I think he promised the schools too much money and DefectiveTV realizes he needs them more than they need him, and have called his bluff. This has been going on for about three years.

Whatever Larry Scott says will be about money and nothing else. And it won't always be wise. He's spent a lot of energy pressuring the conference schools to pressure alumni to dump DefectiveTV for DoucheNetwork, which doesn't seem to be working, and just makes our member schools (including my beloved alma mater) look like the corporate money suckups they have all become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 01:13 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,719,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Before you put too much stock in anything Larry Scott says, do remember that he's the Pac-12 Networks' author who has failed, to this day, to get his network in front of most of its fans. I think he promised the schools too much money and DefectiveTV realizes he needs them more than they need him, and have called his bluff. This has been going on for about three years.

Whatever Larry Scott says will be about money and nothing else. And it won't always be wise. He's spent a lot of energy pressuring the conference schools to pressure alumni to dump DefectiveTV for DoucheNetwork, which doesn't seem to be working, and just makes our member schools (including my beloved alma mater) look like the corporate money suckups they have all become.
Larry Scott is one example. I'm familiar with the failures he's had in negotiating TV contracts, etc. The article I posted has to do more with the Big XII becoming more like the other Power 4 leagues with at least 12 members, divisional alignment, and a conference championship. That's what I was agreeing with.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:25 AM

18,656 posts, read 27,102,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
Nebraska ain't coming back. TAMU ain't coming back. Arkansas ain't coming. Houston and Memphis are possibilities. ND ain't coming. BYU? meh. Oh! I almost forgot: Missouri ain't coming back. Texas screwed the Big 12 and I would just as soon see OU go to a another conference. Would have loved to see them in the SEC but SEC didn't want OSU and 'that was that' as they say.
How exactly did Texas screw the Big 12?

Old 01-03-2016, 09:18 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,719,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
How exactly did Texas screw the Big 12?
Accurate or inaccurate the regional and national perception is that the LHN pretty much did the original membership of the Big XII in. A&M was waiting for an excuse to get out of Tejas' shadow, Missouri had already flirted with the B1G before, Nebraska was hoping to become relevant again, and Colorado just wanted to be more academically/culturally aligned with the PAC.

The Baylor's and the TCU's and et al. of the world are just fortunate that OU didn't go with A&M when approached by the SEC due to the fact that OU wouldn't leave Oklahoma State.

Still, the perception is there; and most of the time, perception is more influential than the facts. Probably a little of both, honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football