U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 05:31 PM

9,701 posts, read 7,242,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
No, Michigan State did not show up to play football and made Alabama look better. Did you watch the game? I did.
Wrong. Michigan State was a very good team. Bama is just a hell of a lot better.
Quote:
Alabama will have a different game against Clemson.
I agree, but the final result will be the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 05:35 PM

19,983 posts, read 18,910,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Wrong. Michigan State was a very good team. Bama is just a hell of a lot better.

I agree, but the final result will be the same.
If Michigan State is a good team, they would (1) played better defense stopping Alabama's drives and man coverage, (2) have Connor Cook make better decisions with the ball, and (3) not run the ball up the middle leaving drives unfinished.

It is early to know what the result of Alabama-Clemson will be.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:19 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,151,941 times
Doesn't tell the whole story, but...

Total defense ranking:
Alabama: 2
Clemson: 8

Total offense:
Clemson: 11
Alabama: 51

Total Defense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

Total Offense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

Old 01-01-2016, 07:01 PM

806 posts, read 655,623 times
Quote:
No, you stated that a two-point conversion is better than the extra point field goal and did not provide logical reasoning.

Tennessee lost today? Please enlighten me why they won the Outback Bowl defeating Northwestern 45-6.
Are you really this dumb?

Let me simplify it for you then......

a)Clemson attempts 2pt conversion and fails so up by 19... OU scores 3 TDs and wins.
b)Clemson kicks PAT to go up by 20.... OU scores 3 TDs and wins.

What's the difference?????

Who is talking about Tenn in today's game? I said Tenn vs FLORIDA!!!!! The same exact scenario in "B" happened to Tenn earlier in the season!!!!! There is no reason not to go for 2 pt conversion in that situation! None!!!!!

Old 01-01-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Doesn't tell the whole story, but...

Total defense ranking:
Alabama: 2
Clemson: 8

Total offense:
Clemson: 11
Alabama: 51

Total Defense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

That's OK.

I want people to keep underestimating Clemson so I can get better odds on them.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
Are you really this dumb?
That is a very low insult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode
Let me simplify it for you then......

a)Clemson attempts 2pt conversion and fails so up by 19... OU scores 3 TDs and wins.
b)Clemson kicks PAT to go up by 20.... OU scores 3 TDs and wins.

What's the difference?????

Who is talking about Tenn in today's game? I said Tenn vs FLORIDA!!!!! The same exact scenario in "B" happened to Tenn earlier in the season!!!!! There is no reason not to go for 2 pt conversion in that situation! None!!!!!
Extra point attempts are dependent on the game situation. Clemson had a sizable lead and their defense was shutting down Oklahoma. If the team can succeed without a two-point conversion and still play good football, more power to it.

You initially said Tennessee lost. You did not specify which game they lost.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:41 PM

9,701 posts, read 7,242,381 times
Quote:
If Michigan State is a good team, they would (1) played better defense stopping Alabama's drives and man coverage, (2) have Connor Cook make better decisions with the ball, and (3) not run the ball up the middle leaving drives unfinished.
Not really. Bama is just better; MSU looked fine dominating Ohio State a few weeks ago, and that was with the backup QB.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
That is a very low insult.

Extra point attempts are dependent on the game situation. Clemson had a sizable lead and their defense was shutting down Oklahoma. If the team can succeed without a two-point conversion and still play good football, more power to it.

You initially said Tennessee lost. You did not specify which game they lost.
Do you not understand there is no difference between 19 and 20? 21 beats BOTH the same! So why would you not attempt 2pt to go up 21 so the worst that can happen is a TIE and you goto OT? It's Common Sense 101.

I never mentioned which game I was referring to? Maybe you need to learn how to read...

Quote:
Although Dabo Swinney did a masterful coaching job, I do think he made one critical mistake in the game. When Clemson scored the TD to go up by 19, instead of going for 2, he kicked the PAT instead. Anyone who watched Tenn vs FL will tell you what a huge mistake that was as Butch Jones did the same thing to go up by 20 instead of 21, only to see FL score 3 TDs in the 4th to win by 1.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Do you not understand there is no difference between 19 and 20? 21 beats BOTH the same! So why would you not attempt 2pt to go up 21 so the worst that can happen is a TIE and you goto OT? It's Common Sense 101.
I do understand the difference. Tennessee made a bad mistake in their loss against Florida. Life continues. Clemson made a decision against Oklahoma, it worked, and they won. Life continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode
I never mentioned which game I was referring to? Maybe you need to learn how to read...
If I did not know how to read, I would not be participating in this conversation. Why not get back on topic?

Old 01-01-2016, 09:59 PM

9,423 posts, read 7,067,523 times
Quote:
Clemson has done very well with their quarterback, their defense, and their running game. They have played better than Michigan State, who barely defeated Iowa State to win the Big Ten Conference and imploded against Alabama in the Cotton Bowl.
Iowa. Not Iowa State. That'll get you shot in some parts.

Quote:
Although Dabo Swinney did a masterful coaching job, I do think he made one critical mistake in the game. When Clemson scored the TD to go up by 19, instead of going for 2, he kicked the PAT instead. Anyone who watched Tenn vs FL will tell you what a huge mistake that was as Butch Jones did the same thing to go up by 20 instead of 21, only to see FL score 3 TDs in the 4th to win by 1.
It was probably not the right decision.. But, it was by no means a critical mistake. They won by 20.. There's really not a whole lot of difference between winning by 19, 20 or 21.

COULD it have been a critical mistake? Possibly. That was the only time it was worthwhile to go for 2, tho.. Doing it in the 3rd quarter would be chasing points.. And.. Who is to say that OU wouldn't have scored 2 TDs and 2 FGs and won because Dabo tried chasing points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
This years CFP played out poorly and its not the committees fault. The teams that should be in the CFP simply lost. Enough of my whining.

After watching the final four, I don't see how Clemson can hang with Alabama. Actually I would like for Clemson to win but I don't see it with their mediocre quarterback, defense and running game.
Why do I get the feeling if I searched back through your posts to 2 years ago that I'd find you saying "Florida State has no chance against Auburn"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or