Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 09:44 PM

455 posts, read 651,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
1 ) I'm a Bama fan so I don't fall into the category of your first paragraph and neather does Ole Miss and other SEC teams with good conference records "Domiant" bowl wins at that.

Also the lowly South Carolina gave North Carolina their first lost before Clemson and was an inch away from taking Clemson out of the play-offs.So they may be irrelevant in the SEC but they would be dominant in the ACC and probably would be 4th behind tOSU , Mich , and Mich State easy.
So the nerve of that " local talk radio" for bashing the lowly Gamecocks for their chant but they were an inch from an upset yeah what ever.

And if we beat Clemson the Natty would be for the state and conference. I'm From Mobile and I know AJ and his family personally when Bama won past ships it was not just for the state but we represented our conference just as well.
"An inch away", lol. The Chickens weren't dominant when they were in the ACC and not much has changed since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 09:52 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,151,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
"An inch away", lol. The Chickens weren't dominant when they were in the ACC and not much has changed since.
Yes an inch ( or 6 points) away from upsetting the number 1 team in the country and beat the 2nd best team in the ACC.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Yes an inch ( or 6 points) away from upsetting the number 1 team in the country and beat the 2nd best team in the ACC.
There's a huge difference between being close and actually doing it. Our offense was in control of that game and it showed. The defense was pretty banged up and tired by that point, which showed up in the SC and NC games. If we did not have Watson, who can put the entire team on his back and carry the day, those teams might have had a chance. But as demonstrated in the Orange a Bowl, our defense is recovered and ready...

Old 01-04-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
There's a huge difference between being close and actually doing it. Our offense was in control of that game and it showed. The defense was pretty banged up and tired by that point, which showed up in the SC and NC games. If we did not have Watson, who can put the entire team on his back and carry the day, those teams might have had a chance. But as demonstrated in the Orange a Bowl, our defense is recovered and ready...
Hence why I said they were within an inch ( 6 points away) from knocking you guys out of the playoffs. And South Carolina was just as tired and beat up.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Hence why I said they were within an inch ( 6 points away) from knocking you guys out of the playoffs. We all know the difference were adults here well I assume. My reply regarding Clemson's 5 point lead on the lowly Gamecocks were directed toward the SEC chant And some local radio's foolish oppinion. And South Carolina was just as tired and beat up.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:39 AM

Actually, that radio guy's observation was pretty spot on with regard to that team in Columbia...

Old 01-04-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Actually, that radio guy's observation was pretty spot on with regard to that team in Columbia...
No it was an ignorant statement by an apparent ACC homer. Every team that played in a bowl chanted SEC even those with great conference records. So how does that make sense ?

Old 01-04-2016, 11:31 AM

I'm not an SEC hater but I am very familiar with the mindset of our in-state rival...

Old 01-04-2016, 01:49 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,325,011 times
Let's be realistic, South Carolina was/is terrible this year. It doesn't matter how close they came to beating a good team(Clemson) they didn't and they suck. They lost to Kentucky, enough said.

Dominant in the ACC, how drunk are you? There are at least 7 teams in the ACC that are simply better than South Carolina (Including North Carolina, fluke game before they hit their stride).

Old 01-04-2016, 04:30 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Ya'll gonna have a parade for that??
Nah. Just watching hater fans from other conferences squirm, deflect, make excuses, minimize or flat out go AWOL is celebration enough.

Roll Tide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football