U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2016, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Mobile,Al(the city by the bay)
3,785 posts, read 6,515,952 times
Reputation: 1539

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Let's be realistic, South Carolina was/is terrible this year. It doesn't matter how close they came to beating a good team(Clemson) they didn't and they suck. They lost to Kentucky, enough said.


Dominant in the ACC, how drunk are you? There are at least 7 teams in the ACC that are simply better than South Carolina (Including North Carolina, fluke game before they hit their stride).
They played both of the 2 best teams in the ACC confidently !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2016, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
447 posts, read 471,187 times
Reputation: 511
Dude - they lost to The Citadel. Again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2016, 06:26 PM
 
Location: I is where I is
2,097 posts, read 1,521,748 times
Reputation: 2300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
They played both of the 2 best teams in the ACC confidently !
What's your point? Just because you play a good team closely doesn't mean you're just as good or even close. Good teams do have bad games. So you're saying The Citadel is a good team? You're saying Kentucky is a good team? Of course not, they both suck and South Carolina lost to them because.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE......THEY SUCK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2016, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,746 posts, read 2,367,619 times
Reputation: 2607
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Man the SEC has been completly dominant this season going 8-2 and hopefully 9-2
Well done again SEC. I live in Big 10 country, but I'm a fan of the SEC teams. The SEC actually makes college football fun to watch. Smart players, great coaches, & the best athletes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2016, 08:54 PM
 
Location: Mobile,Al(the city by the bay)
3,785 posts, read 6,515,952 times
Reputation: 1539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
What's your point? Just because you play a good team closely doesn't mean you're just as good or even close. Good teams do have bad games. So you're saying The Citadel is a good team? You're saying Kentucky is a good team? Of course not, they both suck and South Carolina lost to them because.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE......THEY SUCK
Well in all honesty you took what I said out of context.My original reply was in regard to the SEC chant. Another poster mentioned that some local radio personality said that SEC schools that chant SEC do so because they are not good. And I called that a lie because every SEC team will chant even those with great seasonal records. My point is that SCAR as bad as their record is they felt confident in chanting SEC even though they lost by 5 points to one of the best teams in the nation. Alabama won by 5 to Tennesse does that make them better no but I give them their respect and they took Oklahoma into overtime twice. As lowley as they are they had a lot of heart when they played both of the ACC conference game champions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2016, 05:27 AM
 
Location: I is where I is
2,097 posts, read 1,521,748 times
Reputation: 2300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Well in all honesty you took what I said out of context.My original reply was in regard to the SEC chant. Another poster mentioned that some local radio personality said that SEC schools that chant SEC do so because they are not good. And I called that a lie because every SEC team will chant even those with great seasonal records. My point is that SCAR as bad as their record is they felt confident in chanting SEC even though they lost by 5 points to one of the best teams in the nation. Alabama won by 5 to Tennesse does that make them better no but I give them their respect and they took Oklahoma into overtime twice. As lowley as they are they had a lot of heart when they played both of the ACC conference game champions.
I'm not taking anything away from them as far as "confidence" or "heart" goes. It's good to see ANY team play with heart, it means they care, so I'll give you that point.


The thing I will not give you, is that South Carolina would do any/much better in the ACC. As I said, there a minimum of 7 teams right now in the ACC that are simply better than them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top