U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 12:05 PM

3,790 posts, read 6,520,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
As much as I want Clemson to win and represent the ACC well, it's going to be tough for them.
My friend from the ACC you just made a great point. A blanket statement that I have been trying to exemplify within the past 2 days. A win for Clemson isn't just a win for the state of South Carolina but it also represents your conference as well. Just as a championship win would do the same for Alabama and the SEC. Thank you for that !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 12:37 PM

12,446 posts, read 10,897,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Michigan State self imploded on both sides of the football. Alabama feasted on miscues convincingly...
Exactly. Alabama is very good at exploiting weaknesses and capitalizing on errors. Hopefully, Clemson can keep focused and avoid turnovers.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:35 PM

5,364 posts, read 6,000,411 times
Nick Saban will be seen as the GOAT with a win

Old 01-05-2016, 03:18 PM

28,262 posts, read 26,231,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
As much as I want Clemson to win and represent the ACC well, it's going to be tough for them. They're very good, no doubt about it. Watson has a great skill set and CAN lead them to victory. But Alabama proved how dominant they can be shutting out a good Michigan State team. I think It will be decently close...
Michigan State has a completely different type of offense.

A dual-threat QB is a nightmare for the best NFL defensive coordinators. This is especially true if the QB is accurate and throws accurate deep balls. This is the reason why Robert Griffin was so successful in Washington his rookie year. The Seahawks still run it with Russell Wilson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZtGnVSl5Xs

Clemson does a lot of things differently from Michigan State. You see them in a lot of bunch formations. They go five wide sometimes. They call draws. They run the read-option. And they're not a single-man backfield like Michigan State.

So I hope it will be an exciting game!

Old 01-05-2016, 03:25 PM

2,534 posts, read 1,825,288 times
I think both teams will be ready to play and I expect them to give their best efforts. My brain tells me Alabama is the likely winner but I would really like to see Clemson pull it off.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
I think both teams will be ready to play and I expect them to give their best efforts. My brain tells me Alabama is the likely winner but I would really like to see Clemson pull it off.
I think the biggest X-Factor is at the head coach position. If Clemson had Urban Meyer, you'd probably see more people favoring them. But since Dabo Swinney is still "unproven" compared to guys like Pete Carroll, Urban, etc., it's harder to see them coming out on top of the Tide.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:07 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,761,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I think the biggest X-Factor is at the head coach position. If Clemson had Urban Meyer, you'd probably see more people favoring them. But since Dabo Swinney is still "unproven" compared to guys like Pete Carroll, Urban, etc., it's harder to see them coming out on top of the Tide.
that is interesting .. if bama is favored with Saban as the coach do you think Clemson would be favored if Saban was their coach ,, it was always said about the Bear that he could take his team and beat yours or he could take your team and beat his .....

Old 01-05-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
that is interesting .. if bama is favored with Saban as the coach do you think Clemson would be favored if Saban was their coach ,, it was always said about the Bear that he could take his team and beat yours or he could take your team and beat his .....
Maybe. I dunno. I think people always like go to with the names they know. Saban is a known commodity on the big state. Swinney, not so much.

I only watch the college game to see what talent's available for the draft. Hopefully the Eagles can be bad enough next season to draft Deshaun Watson. I was not particularly impressed with Connor Cook despite all of the hype around him.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:46 PM

447 posts, read 471,733 times
Unproven is in the eye of the beholder. Saban certainly holds the experience advantage, but in the past few seasons Dabo has defeated teams coached by Bob Stoops (twice), Brian Kelly, Bobby Petrino, Jimbo Fisher, Urban Meyer, Mark Richt, and Les Miles, all of whom were considered (correctly) more seasoned than he was. He and Saban share a beach house and play golf together in the summer, so they are far from strangers. This is his first shot at a national title game, we'll see how it turns out...

Old 01-05-2016, 11:01 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,148 times
It would be cool to see Watson win... He's a Down South GA Boy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football