Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 04:40 PM

686 posts, read 806,008 times

Advertisements

Plain and simple. Mark Helfrich is not a good Head Coach! He is consistently outcoached in big games and makes no in game adjustments. He has also not recruited anyone worth mentioning and lucked out this season by have VA transfer. Without that transfer the Ducks would have finished in last place in the PAC12 with maybe 3 wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 06:22 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman6 View Post
Plain and simple. Mark Helfrich is not a good Head Coach! He is consistently outcoached in big games and makes no in game adjustments. He has also not recruited anyone worth mentioning and lucked out this season by have VA transfer. Without that transfer the Ducks would have finished in last place in the PAC12 with maybe 3 wins.
Yeah, Marcus Mariota was a scrub.

I do agree he has been outcoached in some games, certainly some big games. It was brutal to be at the Alamo Bowl (not a big game) while yelling, "Run the f'n ball!" after VA went down and watch pass plays over and over- was that Helf or Lubick- not sure. Freeman was getting 5 yards a carry, so we could have run it the entire 2nd half and TCU would have run out of time. The lack of in-game adjustments worry me as well, but Frost was terrible at that too. And frankly, I never liked him as OC. Not sure how I feel about Lubick- another newbie- maybe tough to watch. Unless Prukop is that good or Jonsen or Wilson (love his highlights so far) steps in, it may be tough watching next year.

If we hire a Duck alum, I'll be pissed- so no Wilcox and no inexperienced Sirmon. I have have some doubts about Coach Helf and his ability to lead the Ducks, but he made a tough defensive change (which I agreed with- really wanted Todd Orlando in the first place) and I will give him this opportunity to learn from his mistake and hire an aggressive DC. If Oregon can find one, holy crap, all those naysayers just might stop talking.

Good to have another Duck here, though.

Oh, and just a heads up, on this board are a couple of Big 12 regulars, a few SEC regulars, a tOSU fan that keeps claiming they should be in the conversation this year, a random dude from a D-2 Colorado school who hates CU- Boulder (can anyone actually hate that school) that starts threads all about the SEC West being so dominant, a few newbs that have popped up cheering for Clemson and Bama- shocking, and a few Pac-12 guys (Zona and Utah). Oh, and a guy who keeps us updated on Colorado-Pueblo (passionate as all hell, though). I'm pretty sure most do not know who Helfrich is or even cares...but me.

Last edited by Acuda; 01-05-2016 at 06:47 PM..

Old 01-06-2016, 04:30 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Chip Kelly is available.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:53 AM

75 posts, read 57,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
chip kelly is available.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:49 PM

686 posts, read 806,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, Marcus Mariota was a scrub.

Mariota was a chip Kelly Recruit.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:22 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman6 View Post
Mariota was a chip Kelly Recruit.
To be accurate, it was actually Steve Greatwood who first spotted him when he was at St. Louis HS looking at a another player. He told Helfrich and Helfrich did most of the work after that. He told Chip to offer and they did so even before Marcus started at QB for his school. Chip was the head coach, but it is well known that Chip didn't actually recruit him.

Marcus Mariota - Yahoo! Sports

Who do you want for DC?

Old 01-06-2016, 04:45 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
...a few newbs that have popped up cheering for Clemson and Bama...
Not a "newb" - I just have both of "my" teams playing each other for the NC, so I finally have something about which I can post.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:54 PM

455 posts, read 651,715 times
Quote:
Oh, and just a heads up, on this board are a couple of Big 12 regulars, a few SEC regulars, a tOSU fan that keeps claiming they should be in the conversation this year, a random dude from a D-2 Colorado school who hates CU- Boulder (can anyone actually hate that school) that starts threads all about the SEC West being so dominant, a few newbs that have popped up cheering for Clemson and Bama- shocking, and a few Pac-12 guys (Zona and Utah). Oh, and a guy who keeps us updated on Colorado-Pueblo (passionate as all hell, though). I'm pretty sure most do not know who Helfrich is or even cares...but me.
Anyone who bothers to read a college football forum probably knows who Mark Helfrich is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football