U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 12:12 PM

28,272 posts, read 26,286,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
You know good and well I was responding to your comment that Clemson was winning most of the game. Then you start talking about the onside. It was a fact that it was tied when they did that. The fact that they were winning going into the fourth means nothing. Nice backtrack. You were definitely trying to paint the picture that Clemson was leading most of the time with Bama barely hanging on by their fingernails and the onside was a desperate act that allowed them to steal the game away from the much better team. That's your whole narrative in a nutshell and it is bunk.
The fact they were leading in the fourth quarter means, well, that they were winning. They led at the end of the first quarter, it was tied at the end of the second quarter, and they led again at the end of the third quarter. That was exactly what I meant when I said 'they were winning for most of the game." I never said the game wasn't close.

The onside kick was an act of desperation because their defense was gassed as hell. Saban said they were exhausted by the second quarter.

Quote:
"Desperate times call for desperate measures," Kelly said. "That's why he's the greatest coach, in my opinion."
What made Nick Saban smile? A game-changing onside kick

With a tired ass defense, giving the ball back would have been an almost certain death sentence.

By the way, does anyone disagree with what Saban said?

Old 01-15-2016, 03:57 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,462 times
I see this conversation went completely left...

Congrats to both teams for a great season! I can't wait to see more from Watson. *The End*

Old 01-15-2016, 08:16 PM

16,532 posts, read 20,997,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I see this conversation went completely left...

Congrats to both teams for a great season! I can't wait to see more from Watson. *The End*
Yes, like I said in the opening post I kept the thread going for a few days afterwards. And I've seen the last several posts.

Sticky taken off and thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football