U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2016, 06:49 AM
 
3,722 posts, read 3,880,228 times
Reputation: 2774

Advertisements

What a great game we had last night. A solid way to finish the bowl season and crown a National Champion.


The game was over when Coker hit Howard for that 65 yard pass on 2nd and 12 late in the 4th quarter. That really killed Clemson. Yes the onside kick they failed to recover (why were they so bunched up in the front??????) and the kick return for a TD hurt. But this play was the death blow. If they could have forced a punt they would have had the ball with good field position and an offense that did not have too many issues moving the ball on Bama.

Coker was just ok. He hit a couple of long passes (with some bad coverage by Clemson) and that was it. This is it for him - he's not having an NFL career after this.

 
Old 01-12-2016, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Reputation: 11726
So how much is Clemson paying these guys?

Hunter Johnson, Brownsburg, Pro-Style Quarterback
 
Old 01-12-2016, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Reputation: 11726
Not hating the player....

Meet the Bag Man - SBNation.com
 
Old 01-12-2016, 08:46 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,555 posts, read 22,418,417 times
Reputation: 13856
Oh. I mistakenly thought this was the college football subforum. But for arguments sake, none of y'all have any clue which qbs will make it in the nfl and which ones won't. Folks getting paid to talk and think sports 24/7 don't have a clue neither.

I'd put money on Watson though, based on that one performance last night. But maybe he just had a good night. Haven't watched him prior to this. Other teams defended him better than Bama did last night. This kind of passing game has been said to be Bama's weakness, right?
 
Old 01-12-2016, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Mobile,Al(the city by the bay)
3,792 posts, read 6,524,573 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Oh. I mistakenly thought this was the college football subforum. But for arguments sake, none of y'all have any clue which qbs will make it in the nfl and which ones won't. Folks getting paid to talk and think sports 24/7 don't have a clue neither.

I'd put money on Watson though, based on that one performance last night. But maybe he just had a good night. Haven't watched him prior to this. Other teams defended him better than Bama did last night. This kind of passing game has been said to be Bama's weakness, right?
Yeah the spread has but it wasn't enough.
 
Old 01-12-2016, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,787 posts, read 13,364,135 times
Reputation: 10020
On my TV Bama's D did not execute as well as they have in the past, particularly like against MSU. The O-line had some issues particularly the RT I think it was who got beat a bunch of times causing a lot of Henry runs to be stopped for a loss or minimal gain.

Watson played a hell of a game but it wasnt enough. Bama's skill and talent all over the field made up for it and they brought home #16. If they had played a sharply as they had earlier with a chip on their shoulder they would've beaten Clemson by three touchdowns.

Roll Tide
 
Old 01-12-2016, 01:55 PM
 
4,728 posts, read 4,474,159 times
Reputation: 9039
Bama won, and would win again tomorrow. All of the fans saying Clemson was the better team are wrong. The best team won. Watson was good, but the rest of his team was not as good as he was. It takes more than one person to win a game, and the best team won.
 
Old 01-12-2016, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Reputation: 11726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
On my TV Bama's D did not execute as well as they have in the past, particularly like against MSU. The O-line had some issues particularly the RT I think it was who got beat a bunch of times causing a lot of Henry runs to be stopped for a loss or minimal gain.

Watson played a hell of a game but it wasnt enough. Bama's skill and talent all over the field made up for it and they brought home #16. If they had played a sharply as they had earlier with a chip on their shoulder they would've beaten Clemson by three touchdowns.

Roll Tide
TVs must work differently in Alabama.

The difference in the game, in my view, was Clemson's sloppiness. That was partly due to the fact that Alexander got hurt but there's no reason why a WR should be THAT wide open downfield. It wasn't even like Alabama's run game had been effective up to that point. They were consistently shoving Alabama's O-Line back and hitting Henry for losses.

As well as Watson played, he blew it by throwing that INT when they were up 14-7. It would have been a wrap for Alabama had Clemson gone up 21-7.

Despite all of those screw ups, the injuries to Lawson and Alexander, and the suspension of Cain, the Tigers were still positioned to win late. They just blew it.

So no, I don't see Alabama beating Clemson by three TDs. If anything, I see them losing the best of 3 games against Clemson.
 
Old 01-12-2016, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Reputation: 11726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Bama won, and would win again tomorrow. All of the fans saying Clemson was the better team are wrong. The best team won. Watson was good, but the rest of his team was not as good as he was. It takes more than one person to win a game, and the best team won.
Riiiiiiiight.....

I have no idea in hell what game you guys were watching last night.

Clemson lost more than Alabama won. How can you possibly say "Alabama would win again tomorrow" when these supposed "monsters" on the Tide defense gave up 550 yards? They even spotted you guys two All-Americans and a 5-star WR. There is no reason why a guy with a bum knee should be crashing into your guards and blowing them back into your QB.

I'm also not sure how you can say Watson was a one man team when he wasn't the one sacking Coker all night....
 
Old 01-12-2016, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Reputation: 11726
This guy is a beast. I like the fact he's good at busting up runs and he's difficult to throw on. Another Florida guy who would have gone to The U if they had their act together. Alabama and Clemson should just call their teams "Florida-Georgia Squads 1 and 2," respectively.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ENb73rCM8g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top