U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 02:32 PM

28,280 posts, read 26,292,241 times

Advertisements

No coincidence he chose #2 either. He grew up only an hour away from Deion's hometown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxz1AG55BLc

Old 01-12-2016, 02:35 PM

9,701 posts, read 7,271,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

So no, I don't see Alabama beating Clemson by three TDs. If anything, I see them losing the best of 3 games against Clemson.
Bama played a somewhat poor, especially on the defensive front, but still won. Clemson won both on the offensive and defensive fronts, which no one predicted prior to this game. To me, that shows Bama is clearly a better team, because they had their worst game in a while, but still won. Their entire D-line is NFL first-rounders, and that D-line was beaten by a fairly nondescript Clemson O-line, probably none of whom will be playing on Sundays.

I would bet Bama would win all three games, if there were such a series. The only way Bama loses is if they beat themselves. Clemson has the best player on the field, but Bama is clearly a better team. I think it's more likely they beat Clemson by 2 or 3 touchdowns than they lose to Clemson.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:56 PM

11,787 posts, read 13,390,058 times
Quote:
TVs must work differently in Alabama.

The difference in the game, in my view, was Clemson's sloppiness. That was partly due to the fact that Alexander got hurt but there's no reason why a WR should be THAT wide open downfield. It wasn't even like Alabama's run game had been effective up to that point. They were consistently shoving Alabama's O-Line back and hitting Henry for losses.

As well as Watson played, he blew it by throwing that INT when they were up 14-7. It would have been a wrap for Alabama had Clemson gone up 21-7.

Despite all of those screw ups, the injuries to Lawson and Alexander, and the suspension of Cain, the Tigers were still positioned to win late. They just blew it.

So no, I don't see Alabama beating Clemson by three TDs. If anything, I see them losing the best of 3 games against Clemson.
Ha ha. Of course. Please cry about Clemson players not playing while ignoring the hurt starters that Alabama had already lost for the season. Ifs and buts of course. Losing players is part of football.

Bama's great D creates turnovers. They've done it all year to very good quarterbacks. Watson was just next up.

My TV may be in Alabama, but it was made in Taiwan like everybody else's.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ha ha. Of course. Please cry about Clemson players not playing while ignoring the hurt starters that Alabama had already lost for the season. Ifs and buts of course. Losing players is part of football.

Bama's great D creates turnovers. They've done it all year to very good quarterbacks. Watson was just next up.

My TV may be in Alabama, but it was made in Taiwan like everybody else's.
Losing the best CB in the nation is not the same thing as losing any old player. That was a major blow that completely changed the game.

Clemson had one turnover on an ill-advised pass. It's not like pressure forced an errant pass or the DB jumped the route. It was a dumb throw.

After all that, the "best defense college football has ever seen" gave up over 500 yards of offense. I wouldn't be so hard on Bama had there not been all of this talk about Alabama's vaunted defense.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Bama played a somewhat poor, especially on the defensive front, but still won. Clemson won both on the offensive and defensive fronts, which no one predicted prior to this game. To me, that shows Bama is clearly a better team, because they had their worst game in a while, but still won. Their entire D-line is NFL first-rounders, and that D-line was beaten by a fairly nondescript Clemson O-line, probably none of whom will be playing on Sundays.

I would bet Bama would win all three games, if there were such a series. The only way Bama loses is if they beat themselves. Clemson has the best player on the field, but Bama is clearly a better team. I think it's more likely they beat Clemson by 2 or 3 touchdowns than they lose to Clemson.
Yeah, I don't see it that way. I said this game would be competitive even after all the noise people on here were talking about after the 38-0 shut out of MSU.

The big thing about Clemson's front lines is that they are conditioned. They also have excellent technique. That's why they gave Bama fits up front.

I was saying all along that Clemson had the athletes to shut down Alabama up front. Alabama is not the only state in the Union with large and fast Black guys. Is it really some great coincidence that the states with the largest Black populations are dominating the college football scene (except NY, of course)?

I will always bet on the more balanced team. The more balanced team won't win every time but it will win more times than not.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 01-12-2016 at 03:28 PM..

Old 01-12-2016, 03:21 PM

Whatever. Alabama lost its starting wide receiver and a corner back...among others. It doesnt matter.

We've all seen Bama's D play better. Watson had a hell of a game but again it wasn't enough to beat the better team who put in adequate effort for the most part. Clemson came in with more heart and those boys wanted it more. Bama played flat like they'd just played LSU the week before and this was a trap game.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Whatever. Alabama lost its starting wide receiver and a corner back...among others. It doesnt matter.
Those guys aren't Mackensie Alexander. He was one of the few reasons I even bothered to watch college football this year.

Quote:
We've all seen Bama's D play better. Watson had a hell of a game but again it wasn't enough to beat the better team who put in adequate effort for the most part. Clemson came in with more heart and those boys wanted it more. Bama played flat like they'd just played LSU the week before and this was a trap game.
Congrats again, but I don't think Alabama was the better team. This game sorta reminded me of the Spurs-Heat Finals that the Spurs lost. I didn't really think that Heat team was better than the Spurs despite what the scoreboard said. But hey, Lebron got that ring, so that was all that mattered at the end of the day.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:47 PM

One cornerback, no matter how good, is not going to change the outcome of the game. If you really knew as much about football as you act you'd see the effect certain players have when they do and don't play on Vegas spreads. If the quarterback was out hurt? Big difference. One corner. Maybe a couple of points. There's just to many variables. Too many ways for plays to happen that wouldn't involve that guys input at all. A starting QB or RB - not so much.

Alabama didn't luck into their victory with fluke plays involving chance. They won despite a less than inspired effort and the skill that they have against a Clemson with their very best effort.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:09 PM

4,728 posts, read 4,480,740 times
The final score is really all that matters and the better team walked away with the trophy. So...whine all you want.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:17 AM

14,597 posts, read 22,451,369 times
Quote:
I was saying all along that Clemson had the athletes to shut down Alabama up front. Alabama is not the only state in the Union with large and fast Black guys. Is it really some great coincidence that the states with the largest Black populations are dominating the college football scene (except ...
Got ya, Yankee the Greek. I've noticed a bit of dominance in the college ranks from teams in the SEC-WEST, but this is just my opinion.

I think it has to do with hunger and opportunity moreso than race and "breeding", but there again, just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football