Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 10:38 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,151,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Congrats to Alabama.

But I was not impressed. Their O-Line and D-Line were dominated the entire night. Had it not been for Clemson's star DB being injured, and their best WR smoking pot, they would have lost this game. They were not the juggernaut the media hyped them up to be.
I have to disagree with you on that one and not because I'm a Bama fan..Alabama is as advertised and Clemson is the better team all around.It just fell in Bama's favor. O
If we had a better QB ( which we do) and kicker the game could have been different also. The two best college teams played tonight we just finished that's all.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:38 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,256 times
Quote:
Congrats to Alabama.

But I was not impressed. Their O-Line and D-Line were dominated the entire night. Had it not been for Clemson's star DB being injured, and their best WR smoking pot, they would have lost this game. They were not the juggernaut the media hyped them up to be.
Special Teams and coaching won...

Old 01-11-2016, 10:39 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
The back who impressed me most in this game was Wayne Gallman. I thought he was a little light in the tail at first but he runs tough. He reminds me of Marshall Faulk in some ways.

Watson is a baller. He's going to need to tighten up his passing skills but he's a gamer. He was clearly the best player on the field tonight even though his team lost.

Jake Coker is not good.

Alabama's offensive line was flat out outplayed. Clemson was making mincemeat of them. Their special teams came through though.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:39 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,151,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Special Teams and coaching won...
Yep !

Old 01-11-2016, 10:42 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times
Got to make sure to give a shout out to all the SEC also-rans who also won a championship.

Great game to watch and I hope Oregon's coach was watching -- amazing what a defense can do when they rush more than 3. And to think, a team like Clemson can do that running a spread offense, too. Now, coach, go and get an aggressive DC.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:44 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Great game! Probably the best one I've seen since Texas/USC at the Rose Bowl in 2006.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:44 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,256 times
Quote:
Watson is a baller. He's going to need to tighten up his passing skills but he's a gamer.
What does he need to do to please you? He threw dimes all
Night!

No other college QB would have been able to put the ball in those tight spots he did all night... AND have 70+ yds rushing against that D!

Old 01-11-2016, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
I have to disagree with you on that one and not because I'm a Bama fan..Alabama is as advertised and Clemson is the better team all around.It just fell in Bama's favor. O
If we had a better QB ( which we do) and kicker the game could have been different also. The two best college teams played tonight we just finished that's all.
I'm not a fan of either. We don't care about college football in the North like that. I just watch because it's football and I'm interested in pro prospects.

Clemson's injuries made a huge difference. Shaq Lawson balled against Alabama's O-Line with a bum knee. They gave up some big plays in the secondary that likely wouldn't have happened with their star DB on the field.

All that said, Miami will be dominating the SEC in the next few years because they actually have a decent coach and they are going to be able to keep their talent in South Florida. Just look where Alabama's "star" receiver Calvin Ridley is from.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
What does he need to do to please you? He threw dimes all
Night!

No other college QB would have been able to put the ball in those tight spots he did all night... AND have 70+ yds rushing against that D!
I was impressed. I just said he needs to tighten up his passing skills. I mean, we've seen plenty of good college QBs like Robert Griffin III, Tavaris Jackson, Jamarcus Russell, Jason Campbell, A.J. McCarron, Greg McElroy, etc. who are (were) mediocre pro QBs at best. Like I said, he's a gamer, but he's going to have to sharpen his passing game a bit. The NFL ain't Alabama-Auburn where safeties blow coverages all of the time.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:50 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
Lol at th bottom feeding sec fans celebrating every year. Alabama is the only team that matters in that conference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football