U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2016, 05:39 PM

3,220 posts, read 3,734,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Then it could take up to 5-6 decades to make people who are not Baylor fans like them again.
Did anyone who wasn't a Baylor fan ever like the program once the school started winning..?

Old 06-11-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
What do you know.. More unsubstantiated allegations of sexual assault that opponents will claim as "proof" to try and slander the school with.

Quote:
The incident has not been reported to police or campus officials, though the report said she is "considering" doing so.
So the person claims she was raped back in 2014, but never bothered to report it to police or officials..? Seems legit.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:36 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
What do you know.. More unsubstantiated allegations of sexual assault that opponents will claim as "proof" to try and slander the school with.

So the person claims she was raped back in 2014, but never bothered to report it to police or officials..? Seems legit.
I hate to tell you this, but expect more of this in the coming months. A lot more. Once the first rape allegations are treated seriously in public, other victims feel safer that it's okay to come forward.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:16 PM

8,379 posts, read 8,369,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
It certainly is ALL about football to the Baylor fans who are in denial - just like the Penn State fans were who defended JoePa.

Rather than lash out at the multitude of critics, the deniers need to challenge themselves and the truth of what has been going on. Otherwise, they risk the diminishment of their university..... and the law enforcement system in the county.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:21 PM

8,379 posts, read 8,369,074 times
Quote:
I hate to tell you this, but expect more of this in the coming months. A lot more. Once the first rape allegations are treated seriously in public, other victims feel safer that it's okay to come forward.
That will probably be the case. But from what we've seen so far, the idiots in charge on that campus will undoubtedly make more wrong moves. Their PR acumen is about as competent as Baghdad Bob's.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
It certainly is ALL about football to the Baylor fans who are in denial - just like the Penn State fans were who defended JoePa.

Rather than lash out at the multitude of critics, the deniers need to challenge themselves and the truth of what has been going on. Otherwise, they risk the diminishment of their university..... and the law enforcement system in the county.
That post clearly went over your head if that was your take from it..
Diminish the university in what way? Athletically? Maybe, if it proves to be true. Academically? No. The law enforcement needs a complete over haul, just like the BOR.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
That will probably be the case. But from what we've seen so far, the idiots in charge on that campus will undoubtedly make more wrong moves. Their PR acumen is about as competent as Baghdad Bob's.
Yeah, the BOR has made a ton of wrong moves. Its ridiculous. Hopefully we can find a way to change those on the board, but admittedly I'm somewhat ignorant to how a change in board members could be enacted. The PR is a total cluster.. I guess they're not used to these types of things, but thats no excuse for the last few weeks (arguably, few months, if they had taken control of the situation before it got out of hand).

Old 06-13-2016, 11:18 AM

Sources: BU regents to vote on 1-year suspension for Briles - Texas - Scout

I know this is a Chip Brown article, but if the BoR passes this, then the Big 12 should drop-kick Baylor's ass out of the conference and add in someone else to take their place. Like BYU or Cincy or Houston.

Remember what i said...
Quote:
I've heard from other people on the internet that there are rumors that there is a possibility that Baylor could reinstate Art Briles as head coach.

I don't believe the rumors yet. I'm gonna wait until it actually happens. But if they do this, i will have lost what little respect i had for Baylor forever. And the whole place should be burned down by the NCAA as well. Death penalty for a program demonstrating a complete lack of moral value. This is one of the darker truths of the world. Some people value winning a game more than stopping serial rape enablers.

If the BoR is this delusional and out of control (which wouldn't surprise me if they are), then the only way to stop this bulls**t once and for all is temporarily shutting down the football program.

Last edited by SouthernTiger; 06-13-2016 at 11:49 AM..

Old 06-13-2016, 03:07 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...183810032.html

Baylor scandal: Despite calls to bring Art Briles back in 2017, action unlikely

Source: Baylor boosters not pressuring for Briles reinstatement | WFAA.com

Old 06-13-2016, 03:12 PM

Well, that officially makes this Onion article relevant.

Scientists Baffled By Man's Incredible Ability To **** Up Every Time - The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or