U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 06:42 PM

8,380 posts, read 8,371,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Not the best tweet to post right now, Briles. and not the best hashtags either.
Somebody is already ridiculing Briles' tone deafness:

Old 05-20-2016, 07:38 PM

5,412 posts, read 7,708,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
What gets me are the Baylor/Briles defenders who are only thinking about how this is going to affect their football program, not about the rape & assault victims and what they have to live with. Geeze.
My point precisely.

And his insinuation in another post that other schools only want Briles fired so Baylor will become an easy win evidences his concern for football over the safety of the young ladies. By my count, Oklahoma doesn't need much help in beating Baylor....we've done it two dozen times while losing a few. I'm guessing Tejas' win total against Baylor is pretty lopsided too.

The focus should solely be on protecting the women on Baylor's campus. Anything else is an afterthought and doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:14 PM

UT has a 75-26-4 record against Baylor. Of course the Bears have been dominating the last 5 years, but who hasn't against some of the worst UT defenses/teams in school history? That will be changing in a year or two, Texas' 2015 win notwithstanding.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:39 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,402 times
Baylor athletic director addresses sexual assault allegations against football players | The Star-Telegram

Old 05-21-2016, 01:04 AM

3,220 posts, read 3,735,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
^^^
This.

If the Baylor fan thinks this happens on all campuses, at least to this degree, he's got his head in the sand. I think its too much of a media firestorm now not to see some real justice and sanctions.
This is rich.. I guess you're completely ignoring the fact that a former OU coach admitted to having the local police keep quiet on player arrests so as not to bring bad publicity to the school/team..

Old 05-21-2016, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Yes, he is. Probably a user on the BaylorFans forum as well.
Is that a crime..? Forgive me for having attended Baylor. Sorry I'm not a t shirt fan like a lot of people in this forum.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:08 AM

Quote:
From what I've seen quoted from there so far, that site is full of deniers. At least a good number of Bear alumni have the integrity to understand the rot that has overtaken their alma mater's program under Briles' watch and are angered about it undermining the school's core Christian values.

The stupidest nonsense comes from those trying to blame UT for the scandal, but they don't seem to understand that the multiple victims are their own fellow Baylor students. really sad.
People are blaming UT..? That makes no sense.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Wow!

Had not seen that; that dude (or the kid tweeting for him) is totally out of it.
What's so "out of it" for tweeting some team statistics..? Seems fairly normal/right up the alley of any football coach.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
People are blaming UT..? That makes no sense.
Read the Baylor boards, there are numerous posts suggesting that crazy excuse.

Here's one example:

Quote:
Applemac_G4
Applemac_G4 is offline Baylor fan (2432 points)

Quote Originally Posted by Mose00 View Post
Anyone who has been tried in a court of law and convicted should NEVER be permitted on the football field...
-----
Agreed.

As CAB has not been charged with a crime much less convicted he stays.

Look, for all the talk about kids, Baylor students are adults as is CAB. Holding one adult culpable for criminal acts by another is ridiculous.

Briles stays and the effects of a hit piece designed to try and hurt recruiting is zero.

Trump has shown us the way to deal with the howling banshees of the liberal media.

Punch them in the nose, kick ass and take names, and let them come crawling back.

Baylor should release a statement like "Baylor finds it deplorable that a media outlet with a major investment in the football program of one of our rivals would thing that releasing a video filled with innuendo would pass as actual journalism. When crimes are committed, it is the role of law enforcement, not private sector employees of a university to see that justice is done."

Then go down to Austin next year and roll the scoreboard over on UT.

Next.

Last edited by Applemac_G4; 05-19-16 at 04:34 PM.
Not only is that idiot delusional about the scandal & apparently cares nothing about the way the rape/assault victims were treated by the school, he's under the mistaken impression that UT is a rival. UT only has one rival these days.

Here's a Baylor dad blaming the victims for getting raped:

Quote:
I never felt concerned for my daughter’s safety because she was a student at BU of course my daughter did not drink to the point of not knowing what she was doing or passing out or go to a guy’s room or apartment in the wee hours of the morning or late at night. At least she never told me she did…although she would not have because she knows what I would have thought and said.

Last edited by ScoPro; 05-21-2016 at 08:11 AM..

Old 05-21-2016, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Read the Baylor boards, there are numerous posts suggesting that crazy excuse.

Here's one example:

Not only is that idiot delusional about the scandal & apparently cares nothing about the way the rape/assault victims were treated by the school, he's under the mistaken impression that UT is a rival. UT only has one rival these days.

Here's a Baylor dad blaming the victims for getting raped:
I typically only read the Baylorfans board during the off season for recruiting news.

Ehh.. Not sure anyone was "blaming UT".

You can't deny that ESPN continually posting these hit pieces works for their interests, given their investment in UT/the Longhorn network.

I guess you could take that response as "blaming the victim", but he sort of has a point (seems like the post was in reference to the Oakman incident). What did the girl expect to happen after spending a night out getting sloshed at a bar and then willingly going back to Oakmans place? It would seem both parties made poor choices that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or