U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2016, 03:00 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,017,683 times

Advertisements

And the decommitments start...

https://twitter.com/dstiner3/status/736704976270020608

Old 05-29-2016, 11:14 AM

8,365 posts, read 8,363,445 times
@BruceFeldmanCFB: #Baylor's 2017 class falling apart as recruits jump ship amid scandal: https://t.co/qIobeEiqvD

Someone there replying to a comment about how Penn State kept their team together:

Quote:
The difference is that Penn State has been a "football school" for generations. Baylor's bandwagon fans will be gone by the middle of next season.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:05 PM

Here's a comment from a Baylor football fan on Reddit: we've given ourselves an indirect death penalty, especially if we keep an interim coach till end of this season. If the Duvernay bros follow suit and all of 2017 decommit, we going to be playing with frat bros for the 2019-2020 season.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:06 PM

Old 05-30-2016, 01:52 PM

Baylor To Hire Former Wake Forest Head Coach Jim Grobe As Head Coach For 2016

Old 05-30-2016, 04:23 PM

3,220 posts, read 3,733,918 times
Im surprised you shared that article. For a while there it seemed like the only topics y'all cared to post had to do with negativity towards the program and/or hope for Baylor's demise. Im surprised they were able to bring in an interim coach from outside the program on such short notice. But yeah, Jim Grobe had some good years at Wake Forest. His defensive oriented coaching will be an interesting change for Baylor, hopefully in a good way. Our defense hasn't ever really been anything noteworthy.

In other news that I'm sure one of y'all will come racing in here to post.. it looks like Ian McCaw is planning on resigning.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:57 PM

The outrage & negativity has been and is towards the rapist enablers and their criminal coverups - at the same time expressing sympathy for their victims and the desire to see justice done. To myself it is not about football, but about the lives of the victims being thrown aside for the gods of football.
Baylor brought this on themselves, and no one else, because of the unbridled desire to win at whatever costs. Briles' very questionable past & ethics finally caught up with him, and no coaches in the state who know anything about his career are surprised.

From what I've read on Baylor fans, there is a large segment who are not seeing where the problem lies. It's not in Austin the general media, or ESPN as they think, but it is with the people running their football program. They sound like the Penn State faithful defending JoePa, which I find repugnant.

Thank God there are many Baylor fans & grads, including our good friends & neighbors who are just as outraged at this betrayal of the school's core Christian values. I sympathize with them for their embarrassment. They know there are more important things in life than football.

I'm surprised McCaw wasn't fired along with the entire coaching staff, and Grobe may not be that smart a choice even for an interim guy:

Quote:
To be fair, Grobe unequivocally accepts blame for Wake Forest going from three straight bowls between 2006-08 to 5-7 and 3-9 records in his final two years. Grobe blames himself for making recruiting mistakes by getting too caught up in signing more talented players who had off-the-field behavioral issues.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...at-wake-forest

The Bear Nation needs to come together and demand accountability, restitution, & a total overhaul of their athletic department. Hire the right people to rebuild and support the team that remains. Get Grant Teaff involved to help lead the effort.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:54 PM

17,249 posts, read 10,176,823 times
Incidents like these are reason why some rape victims refuse to come forward. Their names are drug through the mud, they are not taken seriously, etc.

Winning and the almighty dolla takes precedence over sexual assault.

And then to think we criticize other countries for the way they treat women.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:49 AM

Old 05-31-2016, 05:13 AM

10,459 posts, read 5,920,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
The outrage & negativity has been and is towards the rapist enablers and their criminal coverups - at the same time expressing sympathy for their victims and the desire to see justice done. To myself it is not about football, but about the lives of the victims being thrown aside for the gods of football.
Baylor brought this on themselves, and no one else, because of the unbridled desire to win at whatever costs. Briles' very questionable past & ethics finally caught up with him, and no coaches in the state who know anything about his career are surprised.

From what I've read on Baylor fans, there is a large segment who are not seeing where the problem lies. It's not in Austin the general media, or ESPN as they think, but it is with the people running their football program. They sound like the Penn State faithful defending JoePa, which I find repugnant.

Thank God there are many Baylor fans & grads, including our good friends & neighbors who are just as outraged at this betrayal of the school's core Christian values. I sympathize with them for their embarrassment. They know there are more important things in life than football.

I'm surprised McCaw wasn't fired along with the entire coaching staff, and Grobe may not be that smart a choice even for an interim guy:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...at-wake-forest

The Bear Nation needs to come together and demand accountability, restitution, & a total overhaul of their athletic department. Hire the right people to rebuild and support the team that remains. Get Grant Teaff involved to help lead the effort.
Exactly, well said. Baylor fans, like Paterno apologists, can't seem to come to grips with the fact that it is not the mean old media who did this to their program. No it was players involved and the people who ran the program who did this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or