Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 12:06 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,268,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post

Outpaced UT from the Mack Brown era? How do you figure that?
Maybe you are right. After further review they look to be neck and neck instead of one outpacing the other if you are solely considering the Brown era. In addition to the rampant theft and drug use that I remember, I forgot that UT did have their own prodigious list of offenses that involved bodily harm. Glad to see coach Strong isn't allowing that junk anymore.

I was just listening to some announcers on XM radio talk about the Baylor story. It is all over the media now.

Last edited by DanielWayne; 05-19-2016 at 12:15 PM..

Old 05-19-2016, 01:02 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Lol, still dragging this out.. Why anyone would think Art Briles should be fired is idiotic. Ken Starr? Sure.. The academic administration has seemed to of made some questionable decisions. But the only reason I can see that anyone would want Briles gone is so they don't have to worry about the team they support potentially losing to Baylor anymore. Pretty weak.

Lulz at that Is Briles fired yet parody site repeatedly claiming that Briles is somehow a liar.

It's ridiculous how Baylor is being held to a higher standard for actions that happen in universities all over the country. Not sure if that is because of the religious affiliation, or the fact that Baylor is in an awkward middle stage in its rise to football success.. not quite to the untouchable blue blood level that gets away with anything (UT, OU, to keep the "topic" Big 12 related), but no longer a doormat that doesn't matter enough for people to care about what happens there. Interesting (not really) ESPN keeps ragging on about it, given their vested interest into UT/the Longhorn network.

What people in leadership at universities have been fired for far less?

Outpaced UT from the Mack Brown era? How do you figure that?

That is the most pathetic response to a nasty scandal like this one that is blowing up in Baylor's face. Excuses like that are 5th grade level, just like the defenders of JoePa.

Try selling that pap to this Baylor rape victim:

A Book I'll Never Write: Dear Baylor, I No Longer Have Affection For You.

Really sad read.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:16 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I wondered how Baylor went from dormat to top 10- now I know! It won't be easy to get rid of Briles- many fans want to win at all costs.
Unfortunately, you may be correct.

Maybe this thread should be moved over to this forum?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/true-crime/

Old 05-19-2016, 04:54 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,326 times
Report: Baylor board of regents considering firing Art Briles | theScore.com

It is expected that he will stay, but we shall see how this plays out.

Meanwhile, at Baylor's campus...

Old 05-19-2016, 07:30 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
That is the most pathetic response to a nasty scandal like this one that is blowing up in Baylor's face. Excuses like that are 5th grade level, just like the defenders of JoePa.

Try selling that pap to this Baylor rape victim:

A Book I'll Never Write: Dear Baylor, I No Longer Have Affection For You.

Really sad read.
That is exactly what I thought when I read his post. Just shocking really....that someone would try to argue away allegations of multiple women concerning sexual assault. I just don't get people like that.

And yes, all of this is incredibly sad. I can't imagine the emotional pain those women will be left with for much of their lives.

I, for one, am all for emasculating animals. If they assault women or children just go ahead and remove it.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:33 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Report: Baylor board of regents considering firing Art Briles | theScore.com

It is expected that he will stay, but we shall see how this plays out.

Meanwhile, at Baylor's campus...
I think everyone, including myself, would be shocked if Briles got fired. It just feels that Baylor is too enamored with the money and notoriety that it has never had before. To fire Briles and the other coaches who knew anything would be a step in the right direction, but also the men above him have to go, the AD and the president and anyone else complicit with the information to not share it in order to protect the football program.

This is the really turning into a bad bad story. I wish it wasn't true, but there is just too much information out there pointing to the nature of a cover-up(s).

Old 05-19-2016, 10:17 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,326 times
Not the best tweet to post right now, Briles. and not the best hashtags either.
https://twitter.com/CoachArtBriles/s...25470205628416

Old 05-19-2016, 11:20 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Not the best tweet to post right now, Briles. and not the best hashtags either.
https://twitter.com/CoachArtBriles/s...25470205628416
Im not seeing whats wrong with the tweet, or the hashtag? Briles has used that hashtag for a long time.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I wondered how Baylor went from dormat to top 10- now I know! It won't be easy to get rid of Briles- many fans want to win at all costs.
You do realize Briles coached at Tech and UH before Baylor.. right? Nothing to do with "winning at all costs". Just has to do with Briles lack of involvement and the unjustified lynch mob out to bring him down.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
You must be a child (or the most myopic person in Waco, wherever) if you still think this is about football. Football is meaningless in comparison to the crimes committed.

The question is will the Baylor Brass step up and impose some self-sanctions? I'm guessing not or they would have already taken strong action to stop the abuse. Pitiful.

Corruption in Baylor?s football program is no longer a mistake | NCAA Football | Sporting News
If this isn't about football then why is it in the football forum and why is it mainly conference opponents clamoring to bring Baylor down? I agree, its a shame what happened to the victims (though some seem to be unsubstantiated claims), and I dont support every administration decision.. but again, those crimes happen everywhere, so I'm not seeing why Baylor is being held to a higher standard. As mentioned previously, UT has had its fair share of rape allegations in recent years. OU recently had a guy break multiple bones in a womans face when be knocked her out with a punch. Theres even video evidence, which the coach has seen, yet he's still on campus/back to playing on the team. I guess Stoops and the OU administration should be ridiculed for keeping him on campus, exposing the entire female student body to be potentially be victimized by him?

Im just saying, these "new OTL allegations" are merely allegations that went nowhere. It seems like the media is just dragging this out for clicks (and because theres not much to talk about in the off season).

If universities would stop being expected to handle judicial matters, maybe none of this would be an issue? The NCAA needs to change its policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football