U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 01:10 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,017,441 times

Advertisements

Police report: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Looks like it may be time for Baylor to get rid of Briles.

Why, Baylor, Why?

Old 04-28-2016, 09:19 AM

1,743 posts, read 958,564 times
Briles will survive somehow. He shouldn't, but he will. Baylor upholds terrible standards.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:50 PM

8,363 posts, read 8,360,332 times
Anything to win.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:11 PM

5,412 posts, read 7,703,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duck View Post
Briles will survive somehow. He shouldn't, but he will. Baylor upholds terrible standards.
^^^
Sadly, this is a 100% true.

I would love to see Turtleface (next time you see a pic of Briles.....you'll see that he has a face like a turtle) and the AD get fired, but it ain't happening. I think those ol' donors at Baylor have been paying off folks right and left to keep the law out of it. Shameful.

I'm coming more and more open to the idea of disliking Baylor more than LSU; and, that's saying a lot.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:27 AM

8,363 posts, read 8,360,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
^^^
I think those ol' donors at Baylor have been paying off folks right and left to keep the law out of it. Shameful.

The judicial system & law enforcement around McLennan county are highly "suspect", given the way they behaved with the aftermath of the infamous Twin Peaks shootout. And the good ol' boys around there keeping quiet about their rapists, plus the disgraceful way they treated one of the victims (ostracized her & ran her off campus) is simply disgusting.

Briles is bigger than the Baylor AD and Ken Starr.

At least State Penn got rid of JoePa.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:52 PM

3,220 posts, read 3,733,345 times
Why would/should Briles be fired? There is no evidence he was aware of the incident. Only a Longhorn sports analyst (surprise, surprise) saying a source who tipped him off claimed BU knew. Sounds like a bunch of he said/she said.
Because of a few bad apples, Baylor apparently "upholds terrible standards"? Lol.
Again, what does Briles (or the AD) have to do with any of this? And making up conspiracy theories about Baylor donors "paying off the law"..? Thats ironic coming from an OU supporter, given former OU coaches admitting to covering up charges against players, and using their friendship with the law to avoid publicity.
Why would you be "more and more open to the idea of disliking Baylor"? Dislike Ken Starr for arguably being too slow to handle things, or for making poor decisions. Dislike a few former Baylor football players from recent years for being scumbags. But to dislike an entire university over the actions of a handful of people seems pretty asinine.
I agree, McLennan county law/justice system is pretty abysmal. But "keeping quiet about their rapists"? You mean not coming out and publicly ostracizing one of their students for something they hadn't even been convicted of yet? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? What about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, or the professional ethics and concern for all parties preventing the university’s Title IX office from commenting on or releasing information about individual reports?
What does a school getting rid of a coach that helped cover up for a child molester on his staff accused of 40 child sexual assaults over a 15 year period have to do with Briles? Man some of you are really reaching..

I will say, its sickening to hear these allegations of former students that have surfaced. Baylor needs to do more to prevent these types of crimes from happening. Sadly though, this is a national problem that needs to be dealt with on a higher level than any one institution. I think a good start would be to have actual police manage the investigations instead of universities trying to handle title IX cases.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Why would/should Briles be fired? There is no evidence he was aware of the incident. Only a Longhorn sports analyst (surprise, surprise) saying a source who tipped him off claimed BU knew. Sounds like a bunch of he said/she said.
Because of a few bad apples, Baylor apparently "upholds terrible standards"? Lol.
Again, what does Briles (or the AD) have to do with any of this? And making up conspiracy theories about Baylor donors "paying off the law"..? Thats ironic coming from an OU supporter, given former OU coaches admitting to covering up charges against players, and using their friendship with the law to avoid publicity.
Why would you be "more and more open to the idea of disliking Baylor"? Dislike Ken Starr for arguably being too slow to handle things, or for making poor decisions. Dislike a few former Baylor football players from recent years for being scumbags. But to dislike an entire university over the actions of a handful of people seems pretty asinine.
I agree, McLennan county law/justice system is pretty abysmal. But "keeping quiet about their rapists"? You mean not coming out and publicly ostracizing one of their students for something they hadn't even been convicted of yet? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? What about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, or the professional ethics and concern for all parties preventing the university’s Title IX office from commenting on or releasing information about individual reports?
What does a school getting rid of a coach that helped cover up for a child molester on his staff accused of 40 child sexual assaults over a 15 year period have to do with Briles? Man some of you are really reaching..

I will say, its sickening to hear these allegations of former students that have surfaced. Baylor needs to do more to prevent these types of crimes from happening. Sadly though, this is a national problem that needs to be dealt with on a higher level than any one institution. I think a good start would be to have actual police manage the investigations instead of universities trying to handle title IX cases.
To the bold, that is the most important part of your response.

Whatever "defense" one wants to apply to Briles/AD, etc., usually when the scenario is seemingly spinning out of control as it is at Baylor, people in leadership, in general, lose their jobs.

Who committed these crimes? Some football players. Who leads the football players? The head coach. Usually the leader gets punished as the management of the team is a head coach's number one priority. Again, I don't think Briles will be touched at all with this because he is clearly untouchable. I would think the AD would lose his job before Turtle Face. Most likely there are no repercussions for any of this because the coach/AD are above the law. Nothing new.

Let's just hope/pray no more young women are abused.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:36 AM

3,220 posts, read 3,733,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
To the bold, that is the most important part of your response.

Whatever "defense" one wants to apply to Briles/AD, etc., usually when the scenario is seemingly spinning out of control as it is at Baylor, people in leadership, in general, lose their jobs.

Who committed these crimes? Some football players. Who leads the football players? The head coach. Usually the leader gets punished as the management of the team is a head coach's number one priority. Again, I don't think Briles will be touched at all with this because he is clearly untouchable. I would think the AD would lose his job before Turtle Face. Most likely there are no repercussions for any of this because the coach/AD are above the law. Nothing new.

Let's just hope/pray no more young women are abused.
Defense? What scenario "spinning out of control"?

Why would a football coach be held accountable for players actions off the field? Its not his job to babysit ~100 players 24/7. I don't think the reason Briles/McCaw won't be touched has as much to do with being "above the law" as it does with having no responsibility.

I definitely hope/pray no more young women are abused, but unfortunately it happens everyday. 100+ universities are under Title IX investigations, and the number only seems to be increasing..

Old 05-06-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Defense? What scenario "spinning out of control"?

Why would a football coach be held accountable for players actions off the field? Its not his job to babysit ~100 players 24/7. I don't think the reason Briles/McCaw won't be touched has as much to do with being "above the law" as it does with having no responsibility.

I definitely hope/pray no more young women are abused, but unfortunately it happens everyday. 100+ universities are under Title IX investigations, and the number only seems to be increasing..
Good.

As for the rest you missed the point.

College football is a business and in general, when businesses struggle or experience turmoil the leader(s)/manager are scrutinized.

As a Fighting Baptist fan you may find it unjust that Briles is under the microscope for something he did not do, but he is the leader of the football team, and often, leaders receive punishment for the people/players/workers under their leadership. I've been in leadership positions for years and there are many times I do not feel responsible for the failings of the workers under me, but guess who gets the grief from the guys above me?....I do, because I'm the manager who is leading those under me. It's an age-old principle.

You may not think it's spinning out of control but multiple rapes confirmed has peaked the interest and ire of the outside world. And perphaps Briles has not known anything while all this happened around the football players which is really a tacit indictment in and of itself. Clearly, he and the other coaches should have done some more homework on these guys who had a history of assault (guy from Boise St. and Oakman who is easily one of the biggest punk kids in college football). Elliot should be put down or locked up forever; he's an animal.

Again, what I think should happen to Briles/AD I'm sure is a pipe dream. They deserve to be shown the door. But Baylor has tasted big-time college football success and that alone is enough to keep Baylor administration drawing paychecks for year to come. It's not anywhere near consistent with Baylor's "Baptist" heritage.

On that front, the theological one that is, we Okie Baptists and many Baptists in Tejas (SBTC) forsook all of Baylor long ago as a theologically liberal school anyway. Perhaps the school's recent lack of discipline is a consequence of that downgraded theology?

Old 05-06-2016, 09:55 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,413,133 times
Baylor used to be a dormat. They have had several incidents recently, so I guess we know that they have "changed" their recruiting procedures in order to win at all costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or