Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:52 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times

Advertisements

Folks, I'd like to introduce you to the worst football stadium in America....

Prairie View A&M's Blackshear Stadium (or Field.... scoreboard and press box have different titles)

Take a look at our beautiful, state of the art workout facility.....

I didn't photoshop this, there is actually barbed wire on the fence of the home side

The trailer concssion stands.....

When there are leaves on this tree, there is no scoreboard to see....

That's not a pile of wood you're seeing.... that's the old visitor side, which used to be the home side back in the 60's. It's actually sunken in the middle.

These are the ONLY restrooms we have. The men's restrooms have no urinals. 5 's

A close up on the visiors side. It's made of old wood boards and rusted metal. There are no stairs, so you have to crawl over people to get a seat. Of course, there would have to be alot of people in order for you to crawl over them, but that doesn't happen very often. Not at THIS stadium. 10 's

Just pathetic. The only thing they did to this press box was repaint it. WOW! What an improvement! 100's and a .
There are also no locker rooms. The players have to walk to the basketball gym, instead. This place isn't even high school worthy.

WORST.... STADIUM.... EVER!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 12:26 AM

17,994 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
A close up on the visiors side. It's made of old wood boards and rusted metal. There are no stairs, so you have to crawl over people to get a seat. Of course, there would have to be alot of people in order for you to crawl over them, but that doesn't happen very often. Not at THIS stadium. 10 's!!!
So what you're saying is that the bleachers are just perfect?!!!

10's for sure! Props to presenting a very good case for the Worst Football Stadium in America! That field looks rough too! So if there's leaves on the trees, you can't see the scoreboard? Perfect!

Old 02-10-2009, 05:12 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
That stadium is depressing.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:22 AM

Thanx.

With almost no money to fund it and YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAARRRS of neglect, this stadium has gone beyond decrepit.
Since I've been here, during homecoming games, EVERYONE complained about the "stadium". All the students (even alumni who haven't been here since the 50's) want a new stadium.

It's just sad. It wouldn't be too horrible if this wasn't a Div. 1-AA school.....

BTW, I was glad that it was grey and cloudy on that day, so you could best understand how pathetic and sad this place is. It shouldn't even be called a stadium. It's more like a practice field with bleachers....

Old 02-10-2009, 08:31 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,733,591 times
that is superly sad

Old 02-10-2009, 08:49 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,371,916 times
If the teams use compressed cardboard helmets with no face guards it's a game right out of the 1950s. Bleacher seats are the steps. Sit at the top for a good view and when the game is over just drop off the back to get out of there quick. Looks like it was a fairly nice stadium in its day.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:29 AM

8,803 posts, read 10,238,998 times
Damn, I've seen high school football stadiums that are better than that. Is the basketball facility this bad too?

Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,312 times
I suspect racism!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Damn, I've seen high school football stadiums that are better than that. Is the basketball facility this bad too?
Not really... but that's only compared to this stadium. The "Baby Dome" is a fairly decent basketball facility, but it's nothing special. And I really mean NOTHING special.

As I mentioned, there hasn't been enough money to really fix up the place..... at least, that's what the big heads tell us.
If you took a look at some of the new buildings around campus, you wouldn't believe the sentence above.
I mean really, our architecture building looks like an art museum, the new science building looks like a 3-story hospital with an auditorium, and the criminal justice building looks like a 21 century police HQ.
It's just sad how they've completly forgoten this stadium. The only thing they did to improve the stadium was repaint the press box.
THAT'S IT!
Well, the old wooden, broken down concession stand was torn down, which was the ONLY good thing done to this stadium in recent years.

Anyway, I haven't met one student who had anything good to say about the stadium and just about everyone wants to build a new one.
Who knows when that will happen, but everyone's voice is loud and clear about it.
The saddest part about this is that THIS IS A COLLEGE FOOTBALL STADIUM. And not only that.... I have to see it everyday.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
I suspect racism!!!!!!!!!!!!
My food science prof. actually mentioned how Texas A&M and UT got more money than our school. So I wouldn't rule that out.

Still, SOMETHING better could have been done. They could have at least put freakin urinals in the restroom and CLEANED THEM every now and then....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football