U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 05:31 AM

10,457 posts, read 5,917,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
You never miss an opportunity to try and slander Baylor, do you? As more articles continue to come out disproving the claims that Art Briles was the problem, it will be harder and harder for y'all to try and drag him through the mud. Now, if any Baylor students/alumni/fans were supporting the BOR, they would definitely be idiots. The BOR is a cesspool that continues to try and protect itself at the expense of others..
Anyways, back to the guy who was proven to have protected a child molester for decades, and the school who will be honoring him this weekend...
I don't mean to take the focus off of Pedd State but I was curious about your post so I ran a search. Only story I found after your hero was fired was an article saying he broke his promise to apologize to the rape victim.Attorney lambastes ex-Baylor coach Art Briles for reneging on deal to apologize to rape victim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 09:19 AM

8,365 posts, read 8,360,332 times
Quote:
You never miss an opportunity to try and slander Baylor, do you? As more articles continue to come out disproving the claims that Art Briles was the problem, it will be harder and harder for y'all to try and drag him through the mud. Now, if any Baylor students/alumni/fans were supporting the BOR, they would definitely be idiots. The BOR is a cesspool that continues to try and protect itself at the expense of others..
Anyways, back to the guy who was proven to have protected a child molester for decades, and the school who will be honoring him this weekend...
Nothing and nobody has exonerated Briles.
Baylor, from the BoR, and the top administration down through the athletic department to the rapists themselves has slandered itself. The apologists need to come to terms with that and deal with it.

Why haven't the assistant coaches - participating in the rape cover up as indicated in the PH oral report - been fired?

Lots of parallels between Paterno & Briles. The sooner Baylor cleans house the sooner they can repair the damage they did to themselves. NOBODY else is responsible for the way the rape victims were treated by the corrupt culture there. Not the Internet critics, sportswriters, UT, PH, journalists, or Bevo.

It's easy to blame someone else who is not the god of football to his faithful followers.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Still waiting for you to provide real evidence to back this up. Until then we'll keep Briles in the POS Rapist Enabler catagory and you ae in different than the Paterno supporters.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:40 AM

3,188 posts, read 6,342,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rds/?tid=sm_tw

Oh my god. Disgusting. I can't believe the NCAA did not give Penn State the death penalty, and i can't believe they repealed the sanctions on Penn State.

This here, Mod cut- delete)

I feel bad for the Penn State fans who know what happened was screwed up.

Anyone who tries to defend Paterno after this is scum of the earth and you oughta be ashamed of yourself.
While one agrees that the Penn State conduct was absolutely outrageous......

1. I saw a 60 minutes interview with the prosecutors, who said that Paterno had nothing to do with what went down. Now the 60 minutes interview v. what are in those deposition transcripts can be debated.

2. To be honest, $120 million in penalties ($60 to the victims, $60 fine), plus the players ability to transfer and play right away, or stay at Penn State as a student and keep scholarship. Plus the 5-years probation, etc! This, in addition to giving coaches permission to raid the Penn State campus. Most folk do agree that those penalties are unprecedented, and no walk in the park, either!

Old 09-18-2016, 07:44 AM

43,534 posts, read 52,616,956 times
Kids and women have always been acceptable collateral damage when more important goals were at hand.

Like football.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:31 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,183,480 times
It's a cautionary tale of the corruptible nature of college sports, and the power it holds over higher learning. It's all very sad. Universities and colleges are not meant to be held hostage to sport.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:08 AM

8,365 posts, read 8,360,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
While one agrees that the Penn State conduct was absolutely outrageous......

1. I saw a 60 minutes interview with the prosecutors, who said that Paterno had nothing to do with what went down. Now the 60 minutes interview v. what are in those deposition transcripts can be debated.

2. To be honest, $120 million in penalties ($60 to the victims, $60 fine), plus the players ability to transfer and play right away, or stay at Penn State as a student and keep scholarship. Plus the 5-years probation, etc! This, in addition to giving coaches permission to raid the Penn State campus. Most folk do agree that those penalties are unprecedented, and no walk in the park, either!
Paterno knew what was going on, but he washed his hands of it all. That makes him an enabler to keep an accused pedophile rapist to use campus facilities for decades. He is as guilty as the others for allowing it to happen.

And don't tell us he couldn't do anything about it. He was the most powerful man is that town & on campus, but he chose to close his eyes to child rape - all in the name of protecting a false reputation and football. Despicable. Period.

Same type of scandal at Baylor, except the victims were female and not minors.

No amount of revisionist history & whitewashing the football gods can change that for rational observers.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Paterno knew what was going on, but he washed his hands of it all. That makes him an enabler to keep an accused pedophile rapist to use campus facilities for decades. He is as guilty as the others for allowing it to happen.

And don't tell us he couldn't do anything about it. He was the most powerful man is that town & on campus, but he chose to close his eyes to child rape - all in the name of protecting a false reputation and football. Despicable. Period.

Same type of scandal at Baylor, except the victims were female and not minors.

No amount of revisionist history & whitewashing the football gods can change that for rational observers.

This is 100% on point. JoePa ran everything at that school, he had the ability to do something and he chose not to. That is what he will be remembered for, as he should be.

Now McQueary has been awarded $7.3 million. Very happy to see that. What Penn State did to that guy for simply revealing the truth and protecting future kids was horribly unfair, they deserve every bit of criticism. And by going to Paterno and not the police he confirmed just how much power Joe Pa had to stop this behavior, again he chose not to.

Jury Awards $7M to Whistleblower in Jerry Sandusky Case

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 10-28-2016 at 08:52 AM..

Old 10-29-2016, 12:24 PM

71,920 posts, read 83,551,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rds/?tid=sm_tw

Oh my god. Disgusting. I can't believe the NCAA did not give Penn State the death penalty, and i can't believe they repealed the sanctions on Penn State.

This here, Mod cut- delete)

I feel bad for the Penn State fans who know what happened was screwed up.

Anyone who tries to defend Paterno after this is scum of the earth and you oughta be ashamed of yourself.
the story was horrible; I am not doubting Paterno knew about this or had a good idea, but I think it is time to put the story to bed. It is over, let's all hope we never see something like this again and go on.What good are we doing continueing to discuss it.

Old 10-30-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
the story was horrible; I am not doubting Paterno knew about this or had a good idea, but I think it is time to put the story to bed. It is over, let's all hope we never see something like this again and go on.What good are we doing continueing to discuss it.
Because as long as there are people claiming Paterno did nothing wrong, and there are a ton of them, the debate goes on. Now we have this award and many are trying to say McQuary was a gold digger or other such nonsense, again sparking debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football