U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 11:53 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,021,073 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rds/?tid=sm_tw

Oh my god. Disgusting. I can't believe the NCAA did not give Penn State the death penalty, and i can't believe they repealed the sanctions on Penn State.

This here, Mod cut- delete)

Quote:
The victim, who was identified in court records as John Doe 150, said that while he was attending a football camp at Penn State, Sandusky touched him as he showered. Sandusky’s finger penetrated the boy’s rectum, Doe testified in court in 2014, and the victim asked to speak with Paterno about it. Doe testified that he specifically told Paterno that Sandusky had sexually assaulted him, and Paterno ignored it.
“Is it accurate that Coach Paterno quickly said to you, ‘I don’t want to hear about any of that kind of stuff, I have a football season to worry about?'” the man’s lawyer asked him in 2014.
“Specifically. Yes … I was shocked, disappointed, offended. I was insulted… I said, is that all you’re going to do? You’re not going to do anything else?”
Paterno, the man testified, just walked away.
I feel bad for the Penn State fans who know what happened was screwed up.

Anyone who tries to defend Paterno after this is scum of the earth and you oughta be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 07-12-2016 at 12:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 01:12 PM

8,406 posts, read 8,398,200 times
Something has happened to the core moral values of certain football fans who are more concerned about the game than innocent victims. Saw LOTS of that on the long running Sandusky scandal thread and equally repugnant insane behavior on the Baylor board. It's especially worse for the Bear fans because they are supposed to be Christian.

It's awful that the voices of reason & truth get shouted down by the deniers.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:22 PM

58,202 posts, read 41,069,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Oh my god. Disgusting. I can't believe the NCAA did not give Penn State the death penalty, and i can't believe they repealed the sanctions on Penn State.
I couldn't agree more, what they doesn't even qualify as a slap on the wrist. IMO at minimum they should have banned from football for at least 5 years, whatever they're fined can easily be made up in ticket prices.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:52 PM

Greg Schiano: 'I Never Saw Any Abuse' While at Penn State | Eleven Warriors

The NCAA repealed all sanctions against Penn State. And look what it's dug up from the past.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:26 PM

Somebody is committing perjury, and I bet it ain't McQuaery.

OSU & UCLA better give those two at least a lie detector test.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:51 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,136,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Something has happened to the core moral values of certain football fans who are more concerned about the game than innocent victims. Saw LOTS of that on the long running Sandusky scandal thread and equally repugnant insane behavior on the Baylor board. It's especially worse for the Bear fans because they are supposed to be Christian.

It's awful that the voices of reason & truth get shouted down by the deniers.
Very disappointing. If Paterno or anyone else knew about children being harmed and did nothing, that would make them complicit in the crime.

Same with Baylor. When people know about crime and do not come forward -- or if truth has been revealed and denial continues, it makes matters worse for the victims.

However, some are quick to blame Christians for what ever they can in order to justify their own hatred of Christianity. If there are those at Baylor (or anywhere) who claim to be Christian, and still look the other way, then only the declared Christianity of those people would be in question. True Christians would not participate in such activity.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:09 AM

'You're gonna apologize' to Jerry Sandusky, alleged sex abuse victim told after reporting assault | PennLive.com

What a depressing and infuriating offseason this has been. First, we learned that Baylor had a team full of rapists that Art Briles was protecting, and now this is back.

Don't forget that Laremy Tunsil publicly admitted he took money from coaches.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:31 AM

Also, for those who want to give Penn State the death penalty now, in 2016, four years later, who will we punish?

Let's face it. 2012 was the opportunity to give Penn State the death penalty. Doing it now wouldn't be a good idea IMO.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Very disappointing. If Paterno or anyone else knew about children being harmed and did nothing, that would make them complicit in the crime.

Same with Baylor. When people know about crime and do not come forward -- or if truth has been revealed and denial continues, it makes matters worse for the victims.

However, some are quick to blame Christians for what ever they can in order to justify their own hatred of Christianity. If there are those at Baylor (or anywhere) who claim to be Christian, and still look the other way, then only the declared Christianity of those people would be in question. True Christians would not participate in such activity.
You are correct.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Also, for those who want to give Penn State the death penalty now, in 2016, four years later, who will we punish?

Let's face it. 2012 was the opportunity to give Penn State the death penalty. Doing it now wouldn't be a good idea IMO.
Too bad the NCAA backed off some of its sanctions.

The DP now? That ship sailed, but there are still the disgusting deniers who want to put JoePed's statue back up. Those kind of people have lost their moral compass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football