U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2016, 06:21 PM

2,836 posts, read 1,776,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
That has beaten many of the "big boy " schools.

Their win ranks as the 2nd biggest upset by a Div II TEAM AGAINST THE " BIG BOYS"

(Only Appalachian State over Michigan tops today's upset ).

What is it about Big Ten teams in the record books about getting upset ?
I was upset when Ohio State became the first team to win the College Playoff Championship
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 08:23 PM

12,256 posts, read 7,124,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
I think y'all have a 90%> chance of winning today, as NMSU is historically abysmal.
It was actually an exciting game. Both teams had at least 500 yards, and Kentucky won 62-42.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
If this is a "bad season" for Bama, I hate to see a good one.
You didn't watch football in 2009 or 2011?

Old 09-17-2016, 10:21 PM

6,540 posts, read 4,490,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 10-5
Overall: 18-11

Houston vs. Cincinnati. Short week + a national TV game will keep the Bearcats in the game but the Cougs have too much with Greg Ward.
Miami vs. Appalachian State. Might be interesting for a half.
Florida State vs. Louisville. Even though I think Florida State probably ends up winning since I dogged Florida State in week 1, keep picking against them. A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, right??
Temple vs. Penn State. If Penn State loses to Temple for the 3rd year in a row James Franklin could be sending out resumes next week.
North Dakota State vs. Iowa. Sorry Bisons! If this was Iowa State again I'd pick you, but the Hawkeyes get it done and end the FBS winning streak.
Vanderbilt vs. Georgia Tech. I see Tech rebounding from last year's disaster. Could be a really good game.
Colorado vs. Michigan. Kordell Stewart isn't walking through that door for the Buffs.
Oregon vs. Nebraska. This will be a fun game, but don't think Nebraska can keep up.
Pittsburgh vs. Oklahoma State. Will be tough to bounce back from last week, but at home I think they can pull out the win.
Alabama vs. Ole Miss. Ole Miss doesn't look as good as they were the last 2 years when they beat the Tide.
East Carolina vs. South Carolina. A nice road win for the AAC.
Texas A&M vs. Auburn. I think Auburn will get the conference win at home.
Mississippi State vs. LSU. They maybe terrible, but LSU has won 22 of the last 24.
Michigan State vs. Notre Dame. Go Sparty! They haven't looked good, but they'll be up for this game.
Georgia vs. Missouri. Georgia will bounce back from the bad game against Nicholls state.
Ohio State vs. Oklahoma. I'll take the mild upset. Even with the Big 12 schedule Oklahoma would be eliminated from the playoffs, while with Michigan still on the schedule for the Buckeyes, OSU would still be alive even with a loss.
USC vs. Stanford. This will be closer than the Alabama game, but Stanford should still win by 7+.
UCLA vs. BYU. BYU has played 2 games with both games decided by a combined 3 points, and BYU lost by 1 last year. I'm expecting another close game and I'll take the home team.
Texas vs. Cal. Cal has looked terrible this year. Last year was a 1 point Cal win, and think the Horns return the favor.

12-5 with BYU (looks like a loss) and Texas (looks like a win) still ongoing. Considering I was hoping for an 8-11 finish I'd take 13-6 if I split the 2 late games. I look like a complete idiot for picking Oklahoma, but Michigan State really came up big. They were pissed when ND cancelled the series, I knew they'd be up for that, no matter how crappy they looked in week 1 (and they looked really crappy).

Old 09-17-2016, 10:24 PM

9,701 posts, read 7,250,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
You didn't watch football in 2009 or 2011?
Well yeah; Bama is good every year. Just don't see why they look that "bad" this year.

They had some pretty horrific QB play today, and lots of bad penalties, and Ole Miss had a phantom touchdown, but Bama still won the game fairly handily, on the road, against a team that has given them nightmares the last few years.

Chad Kelly was easily the best player on the football field today. His passes were incredible pinpoint gems. But they still lost.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:39 PM

11,787 posts, read 13,361,749 times
He is a very good passer no doubt but they dont get called for holding. Like 1 time I think the whole game. Ridiculous he has that kind of time to pick Bama's dbs apart against that kind of rush. Conclusion, he wouldnt had his line not be allowed to hold.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:34 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,083,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
I think that if Louisville plays like that all year against everyone they have left on their schedule, they could possibly end up being national champions.
Holy slap-nuts what happened there? Listen, I'm not surprised Louisville won.. I'm surprised how big they won. 10 of FS's points were in the last.. What? 5 minutes? When the game was decided and i'm pretty sure Louisville had the scrubs in getting some time.

I didn't get a chance to see it, or Louisville's win over Syracuse.. So, I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet.. But.. They should vault to #5 or #6.. And.. The only competition they have left really is Clemson.. Who looked fairly good today against a pitiful opponent(short of the run game).. But has not looked great offensively in the first two games.

Who'd have thought that the ACC Atlantic was going to be likely decided in week 5 at Clemson?

Everyone had it penciled in for week 8 @ FSU

Louisville makes it past Clemson.. They don't have a real challenge again until they play Houston in the penultimate game of the regular season. Now.. Georgia Tech and Miami look decent in the Coastal at the moment, so, I'm not giving the Cards the ACC championship.. yet.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Well yeah; Bama is good every year. Just don't see why they look that "bad" this year.
You're the only one who has used the word "bad". Of course they're good, but lack the dominant defense of those years I mentioned.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:30 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,402 times
13-6 this week in picks. Better than last week. Also, here is my Top 25 for this week. And like the Week 2 poll, it was hard doing this one...if not harder. And this one is going to be a controversial one.

1. Louisville (13)
2. Alabama (1)
3. Ohio State
4. Stanford
5. Michigan (6)
6. Houston (5)
7. Clemson (9)
8. Michigan State (11)
9. Tennessee (7)
10. Texas A&M (16)
11. Wisconsin (8)
12. Washington (18)
13. Florida State (2)
14. LSU (20)
15. Miami (22)
16. Arkansas (23)
17. Florida (24)
18. Oklahoma (12)
19. Ole Miss (14)
20. Iowa (10)
21. UCLA (NR)
22. North Carolina (21)
23. Baylor (25)
24. Utah (NR)
25. Oregon (17)

Old 09-18-2016, 06:47 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,851,883 times
^^ No Nebraska? ^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or