U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 05:26 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,020,553 times

Advertisements

Tennessee has snapped their streak against Florida.

Orange supremacy! Yeah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 06:18 PM

Great ending to the Vanderbilt-WKU game.

Pretty good shootout up at Autzen.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:33 PM

What an ending to the LSU-Auburn game.

Bye, Miles.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:36 PM

12,446 posts, read 10,924,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Well, Clemson finally made it on your list.
BTW - I think Auburn is going to surprise LSU.
Like I said. How was that for a surprise?

Old 09-25-2016, 01:05 AM

6,551 posts, read 4,504,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 12-7
Overall: 30-18

Clemson vs. Georgia Tech. I'll take the upset at home. It's a Thursday night game on ESPN, those are always dangerous (even Cincinnati had it close there before they fell apart in the 4th). Also, remember the lone ACC game Georgia Tech won last year?? The blocked field goal on the final play returned for a touchdown to beat FSU. Yup, that was at home too.
TCU vs. SMU. The only "rivalry" in this lopsided series is whether SMU can keep it within 30 points. With TCU's defense I say yes.
USC vs. Utah. USC is a disaster.
Wisconsin vs. Michigan State. Sparty takes the momentum from the ND win last week into Spartan stadium and Big 10 play and pulls out the win.
Iowa vs. Rutgers. For all the useless and unnecessary bowl games there are, how about we add 2 extra's for the 3 worst BCS teams in football. Kansas (the worst) gets a bye, so in 1 bowl game we have Rutgers taking on Kentucky and than in the other bowl game we have Kansas facing the loser of Rutgers/Kentucky to find out once and for all who's the ultimate loser. C'mon I can't be the only one who would like to see that! Who are other candidates to replace Kentucky: Iowa State, Colorado, any others?? Virginia??
Florida State vs. USF. I'd hate to be the team that has to play FSU the week after the Louisville disaster
Georgia vs. Ole Miss. I have not been impressed at all by Ole Miss. They had a 24 (21??) point lead on Florida state and blew it, and than last week at home went up 24-3 and actually trailed by more than 2 touchdowns at 1 point in the 4th quarter.
East Carolina vs. Virginia Tech. I'll take a gamble on ECU 2 weeks in a row. ECU does better against ACC teams and Virginia Tech isn't nearly as good as South Carolina is.
Wake Forest vs. Indiana. I guess you could add these 2 teams into the "losers" tournament above. At least Indiana has actually been semi competitive in the last few years while Wake already has a road win this year.
Penn State vs. Michigan. They got the win over Temple, but Franklin's seat is probably as hot as lava. He'll have a couple chances to douse the lava: here, Ohio State & Michigan State. Even if they only win one of them it could probably buy him some time.
Pittsburgh vs. North Carolina. I'm still on the UNC bandwagon, and yes I still think they can beat FSU later next month.
Florida vs. Tennessee. If Tennessee can't beat them this year, when will they actually beat them??
BYU vs. West Virginia. Should be a fun game, and once again I'll pick BYU because it seems like whether I pick them or pick against them the opposite usually happens.
Boise State vs. Oregon State. Oregon State is terrible.
Vanderbilt vs. Western Kentucky. WKU may have the most funniest mascot in college, that thing is awesome.
Colorado vs. Oregon. Does Oregon carry a kicker on it's roster?? If they do, why keep attempting 2 point conversions?? You can get by with the first one maybe catch them napping, but if you run it 3 or 4 straight times it isn't a surprise and start taking the PAT
LSU vs. Auburn. LSU's another team that has really disappointed me this year.
Oklahoma State vs. Baylor. First to 60 wins?? Will any team even bother with defense??
Nebraska vs. Northwestern. Northwestern will win in the classroom, but unfortunately Nebraska wins on the field.
Stanford vs. UCLA. Really, really exciting game. I'll take the defense of Stanford to come up with a key stop, or to get a key turnover late.
Arkansas vs. Texas A&M. At first I thought this was @ A&M in which case I would've picked the Aggies, but looking at the schedule I see it's a Jerry's World which makes this a pick em and I'm more confident in Arkansas. A&M is just as likely to $#!t the bed than they are at winning by 20 points.
Cal vs. Arizona State. Another defense optional game. Last team with the ball likely wins since neither team can stop anyone, so I'm going to pray AZ State winds up with the ball last.
Washington vs. Arizona. A couple things going for the Cats: This will be the first good team U Dub has played this year, U Dub won 49-3 last year so you've got the revenge factor and also in play is that Washington has a short week coming up with a Friday night game against top 10 Stanford, so I see this being within a touchdown heading into the 4th quarter, but the talent of the Huskies pulls them away down the stretch.

Fun week of games again. Outside of maybe 1 or 2 not confident in the others and I'll take a 11-12 week.

Looks like I lucked out again 13-9

Old 09-25-2016, 07:20 AM

12-11 this week. Dang. All right, here's my updated Top 25.

1. Louisville
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Stanford
5. Michigan
6. Houston
7. Clemson
8. Wisconsin (11)
9. Tennessee
10. Texas A&M
11. Washington (12)
12. Florida State (13)
13. Miami (15)
14. Baylor (23)
15. Ole Miss (19) (Best 2-2 team in the country.)
16. Iowa (20)
17. Utah (24)
18. North Carolina (22)
19. Michigan State (8)
20. Oklahoma (18)
21. Arkansas (16)
22. TCU (NR)
23. Florida (17)
24. San Diego State (NR)
25. Texas (NR)

Old 09-25-2016, 07:33 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,856,542 times
^^ Still no love for Nebraska??^^

Here are my 4 playoff teams, followed by the top 10 contenders.

Alabama
Louisville
Ohio State
Stanford

Houston
Michigan
Washington
Clemson
Wisconsin
Texas A&M
Nebraska
Utah
Tennessee
Baylor

Old 09-25-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
^^ Still no love for Nebraska??^^
They're 26th in my poll. Would have made the Top 25 if Oregon hadn't lost to Colorado, which hurts them.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:55 AM

12,256 posts, read 7,144,244 times
Kentucky gets an SEC win after all. 17-10 over South Carolina last night.

Oh, look. It's @Alabama next week. That should be fun...

Old 09-25-2016, 04:47 PM

19,989 posts, read 18,989,277 times
LSU (2-2) has dismissed head coach Les Miles and offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Cam Cameron after an 18-13 loss to Auburn. Defensive coordinator Ed Orgeron will be LSU's interim coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or