U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2016, 07:30 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,854,071 times

Advertisements

Here are my top 4 followed by the top 10 contenders:

Alabama
Ohio State
Washington
Clemson

Houston
Michigan
Texas A&M
Tennessee
Louisville
Nebraska
Baylor
Miami, FL
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 08:30 AM

6,546 posts, read 4,496,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 13-9
Overall: 43-27

Busy the next couple of days, so I'm going to pick Thursday & Friday and than get Saturday pick's in either later tonight or Friday:

Connecticut vs. Houston. As a UConn fan I'm not expecting much from this game. The defense is OK, so if they can keep it within a touchdown I'll be extremely thrilled with that result.
Stanford vs. Washington. When it doubt, pick the top dog, and the top dog is Stanford.

Quote:
UCF vs. East Carolina. East Carolina has burned me the last 2 weeks in a row, if they burn me again at home they are officially going on the $#!t list for the rest of the year.
Miami vs. Georgia Tech. That offense is tough to prepare for, but the Hurricanes are rolling, hard to pick against them.
Notre Dame vs. Syracuse. Syracuse will get a TON of yards on offense, but I don't think ND is 1-4 bad, I think they'll eek one out at the end.
Northwestern vs. Iowa. If this was at Northwestern I might pick the Wildcats since the Hawkeyes looked like $#!t at Rutgers last week, but I'll take the 'Eyes at home.
Texas vs. Oklahoma State. I'll take Texas and the over for $500 please Alex.
Virginia vs. Duke. ND isn't good, but going into South Bend and winning is great for a program like Duke, so I think the momentum continues against a hapless Virginia team.
Oregon State vs. Colorado. Oregon is another program that is a shell of itself, but I was impressed by the Buffs going in there and winning, they'll continue against the dumpster fire from Corvallis.
North Carolina vs. Florida State. They are going to get eaten alive by Cook because the run defense is atrocious, but I've been saying they would win for the last 4 weeks, so why would I flip flop now even though they are going to lose?? I'd rather take the loss with integrity than take the cheap win by flip flopping like politicians!
Tennessee vs. Georgia. I'll bite here. Even though the last 5 matchups have all been decided by 1 possession, Tennessee hasn't won in Athens since 2006, and have only beaten Georgia 6 times since Manning left school. I'll take the recent numbers.
Wisconsin vs. Michigan. I agree with you Southern Tiger I don't think Michigan State is a top 10 team. It's also proven Notre Dame isn't good and Wisconsin's opening opponent, LSU isn't good either. IMO, Wisconsin is a severely overranked team. I'd take Michigan in Wisconsin too, at home it almost seems too easy. I'll go Wolverines by 17+.
Wake Forest vs. NC State. I have no idea, but Wake Forest seems to be pretty good this year.
Minnesota vs. Penn State. If Penn State loses this one, James Franklin may not even last the weekend.
Kansas State vs. West Virginia. Get Virginia to 1-0 in conference play.
Oklahoma vs. TCU. TCU STILL can't stop anyone, but Oklahoma is another team that's a shell of it's former self.
Utah vs. Cal. Interesting game. I'll take the Bears at home.
USF vs. Cincinnati. Another game that's a guess for me too.
Memphis vs. Ole Miss. Ole Miss is not good so this will be a lot closer than people think, though I do think Ole Miss will end.
Missouri vs. LSU. I know they aren't good but if they can't beat Mizzou at home....Team usually play well for a couple weeks after a coaching change in season.
Louisville vs. Clemson. Since the previous 2 people pick Louisville. Also, I know Louisville is really, really, good, but Death Valley, at night, give me the Tigers.
Michigan State vs. Indiana. Sparty bounces back.
Arizona State vs. USC. These have actually been really close and exciting games the last couple of years.
Oregon vs. Washington State. Two disappointing teams, I'll go with the Cougs at the Paloose.
Arizona vs. UCLA. Bruins at home.
A disappointing 15-10 week leaves me at 58-37 on the year.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
A disappointing 15-10 week leaves me at 58-37 on the year.
15-10 was the best record among the 4 of us who posted.

I have you at 59-37. The only other prognosticator with a success rate greater than 60%.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:49 AM

2,838 posts, read 1,779,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
15-10 was the best record among the 4 of us who posted.

I have you at 59-37. The only other prognosticator with a success rate greater than 60%.
I'm at 35-21 .625, but I missed Week One and this past week. I'll get at it again.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:05 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,019,352 times
All right. Time for Week 6 picks. I was considering having Georgia Southern-Arkansas State on this list, but as it turned out, Arkansas State is bad this year.

Temple vs. Memphis
(2) Clemson vs. Boston College
Boise State vs. New Mexico
Cincinnati vs. Connecticut
(20) LSU vs. (17) Florida
Notre Dame vs. NC State
Maryland vs. Penn State
East Carolina vs. USF
Iowa vs. Minnesota
Auburn vs. Mississippi State
(25) Oklahoma vs. Texas
Georgia Tech vs. Pittsburgh
(6) Houston vs. Navy
BYU vs. Michigan State
Virginia Tech vs. (12) North Carolina
Indiana vs. (3) Ohio State
Purdue vs. Illinois
(7) Tennessee vs. (8) Texas A&M
Vanderbilt vs. Kentucky
Colorado vs. USC
(1) Alabama vs. (16) Arkansas
Texas Tech vs. Kansas State
(21) Florida State vs. (10) Miami
Arizona vs. (23) Utah
(24) UCLA vs. Arizona State
Washington State vs. (14) Stanford

Pick Overall Record: 54-44
Pick Overall Last Week: 10-14

Here are my picks.
Temple vs. Memphis (Memphis will bounce back from the beating they took in Oxford, beat a disappointing Temple team.)
Clemson vs. Boston College (Boston College needs to be sent to the American.)
Boise State vs. New Mexico (Boise is good this year. Plus the fact that New Mexico lost to NMSU.)
Cincinnati vs. Connecticut (Connecticut ain't that good.)
LSU vs. Florida (While LSU looked better with Orgeron against Mizzou, i don't see them beating Florida.)
Notre Dame vs. NC State (Notre Dame's defense is still terrible. But i think they can deal with NC State.)
Maryland vs. Penn State (The Durkin train has no brakes.)
East Carolina vs. USF (Bulls kick ass right now.)
Iowa vs. Minnesota (Typical Iowa. They're good one year, and then they disappoint the next.)
Auburn vs. Mississippi State (Mississippi State is not good without Dak.)
Texas vs. Oklahoma (Both have bad secondaries. Can't wait to see both of them get destroyed.)
Georgia Tech vs. Pittsburgh (This is a guess.)
Houston vs. Navy (I expect Houston to take this one. But don't count Navy out.)
BYU vs. Michigan State (Both suck.)
Virginia Tech vs. North Carolina (Tar Heel train keeps on rollin'.)
Indiana vs. Ohio State (Michigan State is not a good team. If Indiana pulls this off, i will die of laughter.)
Purdue vs. Illinois (Purdue is not good. And i'm not going to take a team that just got demolished 50-7 by Maryland.)
Tennessee vs. Texas A&M (Aggies are a much better team than they have been the past three years. I'll take them at home in a fight that doesn't get good until the second half starts.)
Vanderbilt vs. Kentucky (Battle of the crappy SEC teams.)
Colorado vs. USC (I think Colorado can do it. From what i've seen of Arizona State, they're a glass cannon - All offense, no defense. Makes me wonder how they got to 4-0 with that defense.)
Alabama vs. Arkansas (Hogs haven't beaten Bama since 2006. And it won't happen this year.)
Texas Tech vs. Kansas State (That offense...)
Florida State vs. Miami (Florida State is the second most over-rated team in the nation right now. Oklahoma is the most.)
Arizona vs. Utah (After losing on a goal-line stand in Berkeley, Utah comes back to beat Arizona at home.)
UCLA vs. Arizona State (UCLA will smash that glass cannon.)
Washington State vs. Stanford (Call me an idiot, but after seeing Stanford crap the bed up in Seattle, i think Mike Leach has got a shot to pull off a major upset in Palo Alto.)

Old 10-05-2016, 11:47 AM

14-11 Last week
63-35 on the year

Temple vs. Memphis
Clemson vs. Boston College
Boise State vs. New Mexico
Cincinnati vs. Connecticut
LSU vs. Florida
Notre Dame vs. NC State
Maryland vs. Penn State
East Carolina vs. USF
Iowa vs. Minnesota
Auburn vs. Mississippi State
Oklahoma vs. Texas
Georgia Tech vs. Pittsburgh
Houston vs. Navy
BYU vs. Michigan State
Virginia Tech vs. North Carolina
Indiana vs. Ohio State
Purdue vs. Illinois
Tennessee vs. Texas A&M
Vanderbilt vs. Kentucky
Colorado vs. USC
Alabama vs. Arkansas
Texas Tech vs. Kansas State
Florida State vs. Miami
Arizona vs. Utah
UCLA vs. Arizona State
Washington State vs. Stanford

Old 10-05-2016, 12:58 PM

2,838 posts, read 1,779,184 times
Temple vs. Memphis. Memphis two TDs
(2) Clemson vs. Boston College Closer game. Maybe a slight letdown after big win last week.
Boise State vs. New Mexico Boise big.
Cincinnati vs. Connecticut Cincy in a close one on the road.
(20) LSU vs. (17) Florida Hard to trust LSU and maybe the coaching change takes its toll this week.
Notre Dame vs. NC State Better signal caller on the road. Lots of scoring.
Maryland vs. Penn State Maryland starts its downward spiral.
East Carolina vs. USF More athletes for USF
Iowa vs. Minnesota Minny style of play will fit right into Iowa's wheelhouse. 2 TD game.
Auburn vs. Mississippi State SEC is hard to figure out this year.
(25) Oklahoma vs. Texas Too many distractions in UT road game may have helped.
Georgia Tech vs. Pittsburgh Close one.
(6) Houston vs. Navy Folks think this will be close I'm saying 3 TD game.
BYU vs. Michigan State Will the real MSU please stand up.
Virginia Tech vs. (12) North Carolina NC solid not spectacular.
Indiana vs. (3) Ohio State 20 point win. IU covers like they have five straight years against OSU.
Purdue vs. Illinois Purdue is terrible.
(7) Tennessee vs. (8) Texas A&M Toss up for me Myles Garret with a big play late.
Vanderbilt vs. Kentucky Upset kinda.
Colorado vs. USC USC had too many athletes last year.Still the case this year.
(1) Alabama vs. (16) Arkansas. Slugfest. 17-10 Bama.
Texas Tech vs. Kansas State Defensive stand late by KSU.
(21) Florida State vs. (10) Miami. Kinda surprised that FSU is the dog.
Arizona vs. (23) Utah Utah big I think
(24) UCLA vs. Arizona State Rosen with a huge day.
Washington State vs. (14) Stanford WSU few answer for two TE smash mouth football.

Overall: 35-21
Last Week: 0-0

Old 10-05-2016, 01:03 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,019,352 times
And here's Meltdown from last week.

NSFW: It

Old 10-05-2016, 04:05 PM

6,742 posts, read 4,129,131 times
Just when I thought Noah Brown's catch may not be topped this season, Jourdan Lewis makes probably the nicest interception I've ever seen. It was almost the offensive version of ODB Jr.'s catch.

Between the ending of FSU/NC, Lewis' interception and then the ending of UGA/Tenn, that was a wild 10-15 minute span I've seen in a long time in college football.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:35 AM

6,546 posts, read 4,496,603 times
Last week: 15-10
Overall: 58*-37, though this is contested as someone has it at 59-37, so I'll have to do some fact checking.

Temple vs. Memphis. Memphis rebounds at home over a bad Temple team.
(2) Clemson vs. Boston College. Off a short week, on the road, coming off the big win against Louisville they'll start slow, but they'll pick up another win.
Boise State vs. New Mexico. Boise big.
Cincinnati vs. Connecticut. UConn defense will get it done as Sherriffs does just enough.
(20) LSU vs. (17) Florida. LSU has won 5 of the last 6, but Florida ends that streak in the Swamp.
Notre Dame vs. NC State. Even on the road Notre Dame should win.
Maryland vs. Penn State. Penn State needed overtime to beat Minnesota, and Maryland looks decent so far. Fear the Turtle for the upset!
East Carolina vs. USF. ECU officially on my $#!t list for the rest of the season!
Iowa vs. Minnesota. I need to see Iowa put together a couple good games in a row before I start picking them again. With them in conference play for majority of the season, it maybe a long time coming before that happens.
Auburn vs. Mississippi State. Unless you are Alabama, its tough to win on the road in conference play.
(25) Oklahoma vs. Texas. I'll take the over. Neither team could stop a cold.
Georgia Tech vs. Pittsburgh. This is a tough one, but seems like Pittsburgh always finds a way to lose the close ones.
(6) Houston vs. Navy. I figured this was going to be one of Houston's tougher games of the season. By playing the Thursday night game last week it gave Houston an extra day to prepare for the Navy rushing attack, which maybe the difference.
BYU vs. Michigan State. Can we get the real Sparty??
Virginia Tech vs. (12) North Carolina. If this was in Blacksburg I'd take a chance on the Hokies, but in Chapel Hill I think the Heels get it.
Indiana vs. (3) Ohio State. This won't be close.
Purdue vs. Illinois. Guess, but I'll take the home team.
(7) Tennessee vs. (8) Texas A&M. I really shouldn't be picking against Tennessee anymore, but with the 12th man in College Station I think that's too much for a team that comes out slow out of the gates.
Vanderbilt vs. Kentucky. Who knows??
Colorado vs. USC. Really nice story from the Buffs this year, but winning this road game is a little too much to ask for. If they were at home I agree they'd win though.
(1) Alabama vs. (16) Arkansas. Another game, another loss against the Tide for the Hogs.
Texas Tech vs. Kansas State. We know Tech can score, do we know whether they can get a stop?? Tech should be able to outscore K-State though.
(21) Florida State vs. (10) Miami. Can we get Florida State out of the top 25 please?? I've said since week 1 I always thought that was an overrated team.
Arizona vs. (23) Utah. Utah will bounce back at home.
(24) UCLA vs. Arizona State. At least UCLA can play some defense unlike the other team on the other side of the field.
Washington State vs. (14) Stanford. Cardinal bounces back at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or