U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 06:53 PM

6,547 posts, read 4,496,603 times

Advertisements

Is the VT/Pitt game tonight?? If yes obviously skip, but if not I'll take VT.
I'all take USC over Cal, and get the 12 & 3 PM Sat ones in later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 01:16 PM

16-7 last week, 105-63 on the year:

Cal vs. USC. Picked last night
(21) Navy vs. USF. Hard to go against the Navy.
Duke vs. Georgia Tech. Woof!
(4) Michigan vs. Michigan State. Revenge from last years blocked kick six.
Penn State vs. Purdue. Another woof game! Penn State with an obvious let down on the road, and Purdue played Nebraska down to the wire last week on the road in the first game for the interim coach. He'll get win #1 here.
UCF vs. (23) Houston. How is Houston still in the top 25??
Kentucky vs. Missouri. One team (Missouri) lost at home to a good not great, but not terrible team in Middle Tennessee, and the other (Kentucky) needed a field goal at 0:00's to beat, if not for Missouri, the worst team in the SEC in Mississippi State. I'll take the team that won, but this is definitely a coin flip.
(8) West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State. I wouldn't be shocked if Oklahoma State won, and actually want to pick them, I just can't do it.
Boston College vs. NC State. Poor BC, hasn't won an ACC game in over 23 months (November 29, 2014), and with this game & Wake Forest being road tilts, they look headed for a second straight winless season in conference. Back to the American they should go!
Georgia vs. (10) Florida. Remember when this game actually used to mean something?? Now, I didn't even realize it was taking place this week.
Maryland vs. Indiana. A complete toss up.
Miami vs. Notre Dame. Notre Dame may miss a bowl game anyways, but if they lose here they are finishing no better than 5-7, as I can't see any way they beat BOTH Navy and USC on the road, and very well could lose to VT too.
Northwestern vs. (9) Ohio State. OSU will bounce back at home.
Cincinnati vs. Temple. Temple staying at home coming off the great win against USF. Make it another win for the Owls.
Texas Tech vs. TCU. Kliff Kingsbury cares more about his hair than getting wins, and I'd have to believe TCU is better than their 4-3 record says they are.
(2) Washington vs. (15) Utah. I'll bite and take the upset pick in Salt Lake. What's interesting to know is the 3 times College Gameday has come to SLC, the Utes have lost all 3 times. I don't see a 4th as the Utes make sure the Pac-12 is left OUT of the playoffs for the 2nd straight year.
Arizona State vs. Oregon. First to 70 wins?? First to force a punt wins??
(7) Nebraska vs. (14) Wisconsin. If this was in Lincoln, I'd probably pick the Huskers, but can't go against the Badgers in Madison.

I'll get the late games in later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:37 PM

12,256 posts, read 7,133,291 times
Kentucky vs Missouri game is important for Kentucky. With a record of 4-3, and with Austin Peay still remaining on the schedule, a win tomorrow essentially means locking up bowl eligibility.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
16-7 last week, 105-63 on the year:

Cal vs. USC. Picked last night
(21) Navy vs. USF. Hard to go against the Navy.
Duke vs. Georgia Tech. Woof!
(4) Michigan vs. Michigan State. Revenge from last years blocked kick six.
Penn State vs. Purdue. Another woof game! Penn State with an obvious let down on the road, and Purdue played Nebraska down to the wire last week on the road in the first game for the interim coach. He'll get win #1 here.
UCF vs. (23) Houston. How is Houston still in the top 25??
Kentucky vs. Missouri. One team (Missouri) lost at home to a good not great, but not terrible team in Middle Tennessee, and the other (Kentucky) needed a field goal at 0:00's to beat, if not for Missouri, the worst team in the SEC in Mississippi State. I'll take the team that won, but this is definitely a coin flip.
(8) West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State. I wouldn't be shocked if Oklahoma State won, and actually want to pick them, I just can't do it.
Boston College vs. NC State. Poor BC, hasn't won an ACC game in over 23 months (November 29, 2014), and with this game & Wake Forest being road tilts, they look headed for a second straight winless season in conference. Back to the American they should go!
Georgia vs. (10) Florida. Remember when this game actually used to mean something?? Now, I didn't even realize it was taking place this week.
Maryland vs. Indiana. A complete toss up.
Miami vs. Notre Dame. Notre Dame may miss a bowl game anyways, but if they lose here they are finishing no better than 5-7, as I can't see any way they beat BOTH Navy and USC on the road, and very well could lose to VT too.
Northwestern vs. (9) Ohio State. OSU will bounce back at home.
Cincinnati vs. Temple. Temple staying at home coming off the great win against USF. Make it another win for the Owls.
Texas Tech vs. TCU. Kliff Kingsbury cares more about his hair than getting wins, and I'd have to believe TCU is better than their 4-3 record says they are.
(2) Washington vs. (15) Utah. I'll bite and take the upset pick in Salt Lake. What's interesting to know is the 3 times College Gameday has come to SLC, the Utes have lost all 3 times. I don't see a 4th as the Utes make sure the Pac-12 is left OUT of the playoffs for the 2nd straight year.
Arizona State vs. Oregon. First to 70 wins?? First to force a punt wins??
(7) Nebraska vs. (14) Wisconsin. If this was in Lincoln, I'd probably pick the Huskers, but can't go against the Badgers in Madison.

I'll get the late games in later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Auburn vs. Ole Miss. Ole Miss is a good team that's bad, Auburn is a team that I thought would be bad that's good.
(3) Clemson vs. (12) Florida State. Florida State is overrated, but Clemson has too much riding on this to lose it.
Stanford vs. Arizona. Pac-12 after dark!

Old 10-29-2016, 01:46 PM

12,256 posts, read 7,133,291 times
Great game by the Cats! Final score 35-21 over Missouri, but it was 35-7 in the fourth quarter.

-582 yards of offense
-Not one, but two running backs had career high yardage
-One win from bowl eligibility
-First 3-game SEC win streak since 1999

And here's the crazy thing: If Georgia beats Florida today, Kentucky will be in first place in the SEC East.

Old 10-30-2016, 12:24 AM

About 90 seconds away from a 15-6 week which will take me to 120-69 on the year

Old 10-30-2016, 04:12 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,019,352 times
14-8 in picks this week. Not as impressive as the past two weeks, but i'll take it. Here's my Top 25 for this week.

1. Alabama
2. Washington
3. Clemson
4. Michigan
5. Ohio State (9)
6. Louisville (5)
7. Florida (10)
8. Western Michigan (11)
9. Wisconsin (14)
10. Texas A&M (13)
11. Nebraska (7)
12. West Virginia (8)
13. Oklahoma (17)
14. LSU (18)
15. Baylor (6)
16. North Carolina (20)
17. Washington State (22)
18. Oklahoma State (NR)
19. Virginia Tech (24)
20. Auburn (NR)
21. Colorado (25)
22. Utah (15)
23. Troy (NR)
24. San Diego State (NR)
25. Florida State (12)

Old 10-30-2016, 09:58 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,882,570 times
Welp the Big 12 just assured they won't have a team in the playoff again now that Baylor and West Virginia have lost.

Old 10-30-2016, 01:40 PM

8,248 posts, read 2,439,504 times
My top 25:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. Washington
5. Louisville
6. Ohio St
7. Auburn
8. Texas A & M
9. LSU
10. Oklahoma
11. Virginia Tech
12. Wisconsin
13. Florida
14. Florida State
15. Colorado
16. Washington State
17. Baylor
18. West Virginia
19. Southern California
20. North Carolina
21. Penn State
22. Stanford
23. Oklahoma State
24. Nebraska
25. Western Michigan

Old 10-31-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Welp the Big 12 just assured they won't have a team in the playoff again now that Baylor and West Virginia have lost.

Ehh....it's possible they can still get one in.

If West Virginia wins out & Washington State wins out, if theirs 1 more spot left, West Virginia is getting the nod over a Wazzu team that lost to an FCS opponent, and a Washington team that didn't even win its own division.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or