U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2016, 06:44 PM

6,563 posts, read 4,520,392 times

Advertisements

How the hell did this Houston team beat Oklahoma?? 28-0 for San Diego State in the 2nd half, and 34 unanswered points after they went up 10-0 after 1?? Horrible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 06:53 PM

529 posts, read 281,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
How the hell did this Houston team beat Oklahoma?? 28-0 for San Diego State in the 2nd half, and 34 unanswered points after they went up 10-0 after 1?? Horrible!
When they are clicking they are very good. When they aren't they are pretty bad.
Remember 5-7 SMU beat them.

Old 12-23-2016, 04:39 AM

2,086 posts, read 1,023,369 times
All right, here's the second set of bowl game picks.

Miami (OH) vs. Mississippi State
Maryland vs. Boston College
NC State vs. Vanderbilt
Army vs. North Texas
(21) Temple vs. Wake Forest
Minnesota vs. (25) Washington State
Boise State vs. Baylor
(23) Pittsburgh vs. Northwestern
(10) West Virginia vs. Miami
Indiana vs. Utah
Texas A&M vs. Kansas State
(14) USF vs. South Carolina
Arkansas vs. (20) Virginia Tech
(17) Oklahoma State vs. (11) Colorado

Here are my picks.
Miami (OH) vs. Mississippi State (Compare who the RedHawks have played to who State has...And see how they've done. You'll find State's the better team.)
Maryland vs. Boston College (Tossup bowl.)
NC State vs. Vanderbilt (Vandy has officially found offense.)
Army vs. North Texas (Army gets their revenge here.)
Temple vs. Wake Forest (While Wake Forest was better this year, I think Temple's better.)
Minnesota vs. Washington State (Mike Leach and his pirates behind the arm of Luke Falk, plus Minnesota has a lot of players dismissed/suspended.)
Boise State vs. Baylor (Baylor has pulled a 2011 Illinois, going from 6-0 to 0-6. This Baylor team, however, will lose it's bowl game.)
Pittsburgh vs. Northwestern (Pittsburgh by 7.)
West Virginia vs. Miami (This should be a fun one to watch.)
Indiana vs. Utah (Utah by 6.)
Texas A&M vs. Kansas State (Another year, another Aggie collapse. Except they made it to November this time before collapsing.)
USF vs. South Carolina (USF is pretty good this year, and South Carolina's best win is over an over-rated Tennessee at home. And after that 56-7 drubbing by Clemson, i'm not impressed.)
Arkansas vs. Virginia Tech (The problem at Arkansas is Robb Smith.)
Oklahoma State vs. Colorado(Former Big XII matchup. Pokes win in a shootout.)

Old 12-23-2016, 06:21 AM

6,563 posts, read 4,520,392 times
Miami (OH) vs. Mississippi State. Yes, Miss State is probably better, but they are a 5-7 team playing in St. Petersburg in one of the worst stadiums in professional sports, in the afternoon the day after Christmas, do they really want to be playing in the St. Petersburg bowl?? Also, SEC hasn't fared well in bowl games in recent years. I know Miami will want to be there, not sure about the Bulldogs which is why I will take the Red Hawks.
Maryland vs. Boston College. Neither team has beaten a team with more than 6 wins....luckily for each, both teams are 6-6. Big 10 was better than the ACC
NC State vs. Vanderbilt. Another 6-6 bowl, yippee!
Army vs. North Texas. Great season for Army, and I think they'll end it with a win.
(21) Temple vs. Wake Forest. Wake Forest started off 4-0 against the non ACC portion of the schedule, before finishing 2-6 in conference play. Temple with the interim coach, but should still beat Wake.
Minnesota vs. (25) Washington State. Wazzu with points
Boise State vs. Baylor. Remember when Baylor was 6-0?? Seems like a century ago.
(23) Pittsburgh vs. Northwestern. Not sure how many players from New York the football team has, but the basketball team at Pitt constantly gets players from New York.
(10) West Virginia vs. Miami. Miami's slide wasn't as big as Wake's was, but that's another team that started off hot before fizzling out late.
Indiana vs. Utah. A nice season for Indiana, but Utah should win.
Texas A&M vs. Kansas State. Former Big 12 rivals renewing acquaintances.
(14) USF vs. South Carolina. South Carolina wasn't very good while USF had a great season that keeps rolling.
Arkansas vs. (20) Virginia Tech. Hokies should pull away late.
(17) Oklahoma State vs. (11) Colorado. Another former Big 12 rivalry.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:51 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,861,560 times
Miami (OH) vs. Mississippi State
Maryland vs. Boston College
NC State vs. Vanderbilt
Army vs. North Texas
Temple vs. Wake Forest
Minnesota vs. Washington State
Boise State vs. Baylor
Pittsburgh vs. Northwestern
West Virginia vs. Miami
Indiana vs. Utah
Texas A&M vs. Kansas State
USF vs. South Carolina
Arkansas vs. Virginia Tech
Oklahoma State vs. Colorado

Old 12-26-2016, 12:44 PM

State blocks a field goal to hold on against the RedHawks...after it looked like they would find a way to blow it once again.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:12 PM

529 posts, read 281,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
State blocks a field goal to hold on against the RedHawks...after it looked like they would find a way to blow it once again.

My question is why on Earth didn't Mullin kick a FG when they were on the 20ish yard line (well within range of the MSU K), and instead call an offensive play with the backup QB?

That makes it a 4 pt. game and Miami then needs a TD.

I was floored.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:22 AM

What happened to Boise? I didn't think they'd let Baylor whoop em' like that.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:27 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,861,560 times
How about the worst 7-4, then 8-4 and now 9-4 team in the country?

I thought for sure with 3 of the 10 suspended players being starters from their secondary the Cougars would have torched them through the air, but those backups stepped up and that pass rush was fantastic.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:10 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,146,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
What happened to Boise? I didn't think they'd let Baylor whoop em' like that.
Boise seems to have lost a step since Chris Petersen left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
How about the worst 7-4, then 8-4 and now 9-4 team in the country?

I thought for sure with 3 of the 10 suspended players being starters from their secondary the Cougars would have torched them through the air, but those backups stepped up and that pass rush was fantastic.
Definitely expected more from Wazzu, but those boys from Minnesota came to play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or