U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-10-2017, 07:30 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
Reputation: 5395

Advertisements

Super game! Congrats to the Clemson Tigers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-10-2017, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Murphy, North Carolina
2,084 posts, read 1,017,683 times
Reputation: 1701
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2017, 03:45 PM
 
529 posts, read 280,004 times
Reputation: 576
Here are the final end of season ratings:

1) Clemson 14 1 813.046
2) Alabama 14 1 770.537
3) Ohio State 11 2 540.607
4) Washington 12 2 471.697
5) Oklahoma 11 2 463.302
6) Wisconsin 11 3 426.576
7) Florida State 10 3 422.561
8) Penn St 11 3 414.120
9) USC 10 3 379.332
10) Michigan 10 3 370.650
11) W. Michigan 13 1 319.567
12) USF 11 2 298.579
13) Colorado 10 4 297.770
14) Oklahoma St 10 3 285.782
15) Florida 9 4 254.739
16) Boise St. 10 3 253.613
17) Tennessee 9 4 249.752
18) Stanford 10 3 239.174
19) LSU 8 4 226.465
20) Virginia Tech 10 4 225.773
21) West Virginia 10 3 222.524
22) W. Kentucky 11 3 217.325
23) Louisville 9 4 213.867
24) Georgia Tech 9 4 210.654
25) Nebraska 9 4 205.692
26) Auburn 8 5 190.156
27) Kansas St. 9 4 189.553
28) Miami, FL 9 4 181.304
29) Wash St 8 5 171.914
30) Appalachian St 10 3 168.693
31) Air Force 10 3 164.418
32) Tulsa 10 3 162.706
33) Troy 10 3 158.747
34) Houston 9 4 149.750
35) Minnesota 9 4 148.661
36) Iowa 8 5 143.886
37) SD St 11 3 139.906
38) Pittsburgh 8 5 138.207
39) Temple 10 4 136.732
40) Navy 9 5 131.016
41) Old Dominion 10 3 115.462
42) Utah 9 4 113.870
43) Toledo 9 4 103.728
44) Texas A&M 8 5 86.062
45) Idaho 9 4 80.627
46) Georgia 8 5 72.196
47) Memphis 8 5 55.556
48) North Carolina 8 5 54.634
49) Wyoming 8 6 38.137
50) BYU 9 4 36.026
51) Northwestern 7 6 23.449
52) Kentucky 7 6 16.274
53) New Mexico 9 4 11.595
54) NC State 7 6 7.216
55) La. Tech 9 5 -4.705
56) Arkansas 7 6 -4.923
57) Colorado St. 7 6 -33.146
58) Wake Forest 7 6 -33.268
59) Boston College 7 6 -39.434
60) Arkansas St 8 5 -58.226
61) Baylor 7 6 -66.775
62) E Michigan 3 9 -92.702
63) California 5 7 -104.291
64) Army 8 5 -117.532
65) Ole Miss 5 7 -118.874
66) Mississippi St. 6 7 -122.226
67) Vanderbilt 6 7 -124.249
68) Indiana 6 7 -124.959
69) TCU 6 7 -131.310
70) Southern Miss 7 6 -135.835
71) MTSU 8 5 -136.513
72) South Carolina 6 7 -157.688
73) UCF 6 7 -163.396
74) Maryland 6 7 -167.537
75) SMU 5 7 -179.969
76) Ohio 8 6 -180.461
77) Texas Tech 5 7 -180.887
78) Hawai'i 7 7 -185.506
79) Texas 5 7 -192.578
80) Syracuse 4 8 -198.770
81) C Michigan 6 7 -200.573
82) Arizona St. 5 7 -209.592
83) N Illinois 5 7 -210.025
84) S Alabama 6 7 -222.500
85) Ga Southern 5 7 -225.726
86) UTSA 6 7 -226.067
87) Missouri 4 8 -232.381
88) ULL 6 7 -234.050
89) Oregon St. 4 8 -237.255
90) Oregon 4 8 -240.244
91) UCLA 4 8 -243.753
92) Akron 5 7 -258.157
93) Notre Dame 4 8 -268.131
94) Duke 4 8 -289.376
95) Miami, OH 6 7 -301.103
96) SJ St. 4 8 -303.080
97) Cincinnati 4 8 -305.846
98) N Texas 5 8 -313.005
99) ULM 4 8 -325.782
100) Arizona 3 9 -332.821
101) Utah St. 3 9 -337.604
102) Tulane 4 8 -342.120
103) UNLV 4 8 -359.896
104) Illinois 3 9 -361.875
105) Bowling Green 4 8 -365.980
106) Charlotte 4 8 -385.861
107) FIU 4 8 -389.790
108) Nevada 5 7 -390.273
109) New Mexico St. 3 9 -391.907
110) E Carolina 7 6 -394.860
111) Michigan St. 3 9 -398.166
112) Ga State 3 9 -399.134
113) Kent St. 3 9 -410.274
114) Ball St. 4 8 -414.405
115) Iowa St. 3 9 -414.690
116) Purdue 3 9 -419.358
117) Virginia 2 10 -420.642
118) UTEP 4 8 -440.281
119) Kansas 2 10 -442.470
120) Rutgers 2 10 -448.611
121) Marshall 3 9 -456.651
122) Rice 3 9 -474.344
123) FAU 3 9 -480.415
124) Connecticut 3 9 -488.702
125) Massachusetts 2 10 -516.964
126) TX State 2 10 -536.784
127) Buffalo 2 10 -589.822
128) Fresno St. 1 11 -620.000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2017, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Salinas, CA
15,016 posts, read 4,795,880 times
Reputation: 8076
Great end to the season last night with Clemson's thrilling 35-31 win over Alabama in the Orange Bowl with the last TD scored with just a second remaining! I thought it was risky for Clemson to run another play with just six seconds to play instead of kicking the chip shot field goal to tie and then play OT, but I was proved wrong.


IMO it was a tossup between the Orange Bowl and the Rose Bowl (USC 52, Penn State 49) for the most exciting bowl game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2017, 08:04 PM
 
4,315 posts, read 2,517,376 times
Reputation: 7686
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
Here are the final end of season ratings:

1) Clemson 14 1 813.046
2) Alabama 14 1 770.537
3) Ohio State 11 2 540.607
4) Washington 12 2 471.697
5) Oklahoma 11 2 463.302
6) Wisconsin 11 3 426.576
7) Florida State 10 3 422.561
8) Penn St 11 3 414.120
9) USC 10 3 379.332
10) Michigan 10 3 370.650
11) W. Michigan 13 1 319.567
12) USF 11 2 298.579
13) Colorado 10 4 297.770
14) Oklahoma St 10 3 285.782
15) Florida 9 4 254.739
16) Boise St. 10 3 253.613
17) Tennessee 9 4 249.752
18) Stanford 10 3 239.174
19) LSU 8 4 226.465
20) Virginia Tech 10 4 225.773
21) West Virginia 10 3 222.524
22) W. Kentucky 11 3 217.325
23) Louisville 9 4 213.867
24) Georgia Tech 9 4 210.654
25) Nebraska 9 4 205.692
26) Auburn 8 5 190.156
27) Kansas St. 9 4 189.553
28) Miami, FL 9 4 181.304
29) Wash St 8 5 171.914
30) Appalachian St 10 3 168.693
31) Air Force 10 3 164.418
32) Tulsa 10 3 162.706
33) Troy 10 3 158.747
34) Houston 9 4 149.750
35) Minnesota 9 4 148.661
36) Iowa 8 5 143.886
37) SD St 11 3 139.906
38) Pittsburgh 8 5 138.207
39) Temple 10 4 136.732
40) Navy 9 5 131.016
41) Old Dominion 10 3 115.462
42) Utah 9 4 113.870
43) Toledo 9 4 103.728
44) Texas A&M 8 5 86.062
45) Idaho 9 4 80.627
46) Georgia 8 5 72.196
47) Memphis 8 5 55.556
48) North Carolina 8 5 54.634
49) Wyoming 8 6 38.137
50) BYU 9 4 36.026
51) Northwestern 7 6 23.449
52) Kentucky 7 6 16.274
53) New Mexico 9 4 11.595
54) NC State 7 6 7.216
55) La. Tech 9 5 -4.705
56) Arkansas 7 6 -4.923
57) Colorado St. 7 6 -33.146
58) Wake Forest 7 6 -33.268
59) Boston College 7 6 -39.434
60) Arkansas St 8 5 -58.226
61) Baylor 7 6 -66.775
62) E Michigan 3 9 -92.702
63) California 5 7 -104.291
64) Army 8 5 -117.532
65) Ole Miss 5 7 -118.874
66) Mississippi St. 6 7 -122.226
67) Vanderbilt 6 7 -124.249
68) Indiana 6 7 -124.959
69) TCU 6 7 -131.310
70) Southern Miss 7 6 -135.835
71) MTSU 8 5 -136.513
72) South Carolina 6 7 -157.688
73) UCF 6 7 -163.396
74) Maryland 6 7 -167.537
75) SMU 5 7 -179.969
76) Ohio 8 6 -180.461
77) Texas Tech 5 7 -180.887
78) Hawai'i 7 7 -185.506
79) Texas 5 7 -192.578
80) Syracuse 4 8 -198.770
81) C Michigan 6 7 -200.573
82) Arizona St. 5 7 -209.592
83) N Illinois 5 7 -210.025
84) S Alabama 6 7 -222.500
85) Ga Southern 5 7 -225.726
86) UTSA 6 7 -226.067
87) Missouri 4 8 -232.381
88) ULL 6 7 -234.050
89) Oregon St. 4 8 -237.255
90) Oregon 4 8 -240.244
91) UCLA 4 8 -243.753
92) Akron 5 7 -258.157
93) Notre Dame 4 8 -268.131
94) Duke 4 8 -289.376
95) Miami, OH 6 7 -301.103
96) SJ St. 4 8 -303.080
97) Cincinnati 4 8 -305.846
98) N Texas 5 8 -313.005
99) ULM 4 8 -325.782
100) Arizona 3 9 -332.821
101) Utah St. 3 9 -337.604
102) Tulane 4 8 -342.120
103) UNLV 4 8 -359.896
104) Illinois 3 9 -361.875
105) Bowling Green 4 8 -365.980
106) Charlotte 4 8 -385.861
107) FIU 4 8 -389.790
108) Nevada 5 7 -390.273
109) New Mexico St. 3 9 -391.907
110) E Carolina 7 6 -394.860
111) Michigan St. 3 9 -398.166
112) Ga State 3 9 -399.134
113) Kent St. 3 9 -410.274
114) Ball St. 4 8 -414.405
115) Iowa St. 3 9 -414.690
116) Purdue 3 9 -419.358
117) Virginia 2 10 -420.642
118) UTEP 4 8 -440.281
119) Kansas 2 10 -442.470
120) Rutgers 2 10 -448.611
121) Marshall 3 9 -456.651
122) Rice 3 9 -474.344
123) FAU 3 9 -480.415
124) Connecticut 3 9 -488.702
125) Massachusetts 2 10 -516.964
126) TX State 2 10 -536.784
127) Buffalo 2 10 -589.822
128) Fresno St. 1 11 -620.000
it would be interesting to compare it to the pre-season top 25 poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2017, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times
Reputation: 2462
I'm surprised UConn was that high. I'd probably rank them below UMass, Texas State & Buffalo state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2017, 09:57 PM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
12,446 posts, read 10,891,751 times
Reputation: 28189
I'm a Clemson fan, so I really enjoyed the Championship finale. However, the 2017 pre-season rankings I've seen put Alabama at #1 again, and Clemson at #10. USC, Ohio State, and Florida State are all in the top five spots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2017, 06:18 AM
 
4,022 posts, read 1,850,940 times
Reputation: 3950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I'm a Clemson fan, so I really enjoyed the Championship finale. However, the 2017 pre-season rankings I've seen put Alabama at #1 again, and Clemson at #10. USC, Ohio State, and Florida State are all in the top five spots.
Losing Deshaun is a pretty big deal. They also are losing Boulware, Leggett and possibly Gallman and Williams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2017, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,248 posts, read 26,220,119 times
Reputation: 11701
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Losing Deshaun is a pretty big deal. They also are losing Boulware, Leggett and possibly Gallman and Williams.
Looks like they may not be down for long.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/1731

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f...revor-lawrence

Kinda reminds me of "Sunshine" from Remember the Titans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2017, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Mobile,Al(the city by the bay)
3,785 posts, read 6,517,375 times
Reputation: 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I'm a Clemson fan, so I really enjoyed the Championship finale. However, the 2017 pre-season rankings I've seen put Alabama at #1 again, and Clemson at #10. USC, Ohio State, and Florida State are all in the top five spots.
That's really stupid,regardless of who Clemson is losing they are the CHAMPS.

It should be
Clemson
Bama
Penn State
Sooners or Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top