Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 11:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
The ending of the Central Michigan-Oklahoma State game...holy s**t.

And i had OSU at number 8 in my poll!
bad call or there would never have been the chance for Central Mi to win. Shame on them!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 11:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Arkansas-TCU...what an entertaining game.

Wazzu is 0-2 now. Although the Smurf Turf is a b*tch to play at.

Arizona State-Texas Tech was by far the shootout of the week.

San Diego State holds on to beat Cal.
Is AR for real? They very well could be; 2 weeks in a row, won by playing to the very end and not giving up. I have to admit, I did give up and went to bed with about 2 minutes left is regulation play. Had a shock this AM.

Old 09-12-2016, 01:43 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Well, I don't think Clemson's making the playoff anymore...
They certainly didn't look like last year's Clemson against Troy.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:22 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,055 times
All right. Time to do Week 3 picks. There will be 19 games on the pick list for this week. A pretty decent amount. Anyway...

Houston vs. Cincinnati
Miami vs. Appalachian State
Florida State vs. Louisville
Temple vs. Penn State
North Dakota State vs. Iowa
Vanderbilt vs. Georgia Tech
Colorado vs. Michigan
Oregon vs. Nebraska
Pittsburgh vs. Oklahoma State
Alabama vs. Ole Miss
East Carolina vs. South Carolina
Texas A&M vs. Auburn
Mississippi State vs. LSU
Michigan State vs. Notre Dame
Georgia vs. Missouri
Ohio State vs. Oklahoma
USC vs. Stanford
UCLA vs. BYU
Texas vs. Cal

Pick Overall Record: 19-13
Pick Record Last Week: 7-8

Here are my picks.
Houston vs. Cincinnati (Houston should win with a healthy Greg Ward Jr. but this is a potential trap game for them.)
Miami vs. Appalachian State (It'll be interesting for about 2 1/2 quarters, before Miami pulls away.)
Florida State vs. Louisville (I'm calling the upset alert. I think that Lamar Jackson is going to have another great game, and neither Deondre Francois or Dalvin Cook will be enough to save the day for the Seminoles.)
Temple vs. Penn State (Yeah...I don't think the Nittany Lions won't be sleeping on Temple after last year.)
North Dakota State vs. Iowa (This will be the year NDSU's streak over FBS opponents ends. Iowa has got much better talent then they do. Look at who NDSU has beat. They haven't had to face an FBS opponent like Iowa.)
Vanderbilt vs. Georgia Tech (Sorry, Commodores. Triple option FTW.)
Colorado vs. Michigan (Michigan is gonna defeat their entire non-conference schedule. Although it would be funny to see Colorado pull off another Miracle at Michigan.)
Oregon vs. Nebraska (This is gonna be a fun game to watch.)
Pittsburgh vs. Oklahoma State (Looking at both teams, i don't think Oklahoma State will come back from the CMU loss with a win over Pittsburgh. Not looking like a good year for the Cowboys.)
Alabama vs. Ole Miss (Saban ain't gonna lose to Ole Miss 3 years in a row. This year's Ole Miss team has not impressed me like the ones from the last two seasons have.)
East Carolina vs. South Carolina (After looking at how South Carolina performed against the cowbell school last week...I ain't impressed with them, and i don't see going to a bowl this year.)
Texas A&M vs. Auburn (Despite Auburn's good defense, A&M will survive in Jordan-Hare.)
Mississippi State vs. LSU (Even if Les does start Brandon Harris, LSU is Mississippi State's kryptonite. No matter how good or bad State is and how good or bad LSU is, LSU, 9 times out of 10, always beats them.)
Michigan State vs. Notre Dame (MSU has played 1 game so far. And it does not impress me.)
Georgia vs. Missouri (Kirby's going to do a lot of work with Georgia after the Nicholls State game.)
Ohio State vs. Oklahoma (Game of the night to watch. And looking at both teams, I'll take Ohio State in a close, fun game.)
USC vs. Stanford (I expect Stanford will cruise on, this being another win for them.)
UCLA vs. BYU (This was a tough game to decide for me.)
Texas vs. Cal (Cal ain't ready to face the offense that Texas has.)

Old 09-14-2016, 08:17 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,278 times
Very tough games to pick this week.
Absolutely not walking away feeling great about many of them.

Houston vs. Cincinnati
Temple vs. Penn State
Colorado vs. Michigan
Oregon vs. Nebraska
Alabama vs. Ole Miss
Texas A&M vs. Auburn
Georgia vs. Missouri
Ohio State vs. Oklahoma
USC vs. Stanford
UCLA vs. BYU
Texas vs. Cal

Old 09-14-2016, 01:52 PM

3,395 posts, read 2,803,036 times
Houston vs. Cincinnati Cincy can't stop Houston. Think it will be a good game though.
Miami vs. Appalachian State Miami The U.
Florida State vs. Louisville Upset. Early kick. Frosh QB gets rattled.
Temple vs. Penn State PSU turn this year.
North Dakota State vs. Iowa This is Iowa's year I think.
Vanderbilt vs. Georgia Tech No idea just going with the Home team.
Colorado vs. Michigan Colorado is turning the corner. UM has turned the corner.
Oregon vs. Nebraska Mild Upset.
Pittsburgh vs. Oklahoma State Pitt has let down after Big in state win...One of the biggest in recent memory.
Alabama vs. Ole Miss Revenge...it took five turnovers to beat Bama won't happen this year.
East Carolina vs. South Carolina Road team upset.
Texas A&M vs. Auburn Home team
Mississippi State vs. LSU Miss. St. isn't the same team.
Michigan State vs. Notre Dame ND has their number and I think will go on a roll the next couple months. Until they face an elite offense.
Georgia vs. Missouri Not impressed with either team.
Ohio State vs. Oklahoma Oklahoma had all kinds of problems with Houston. OSU is Houston with better personnel.
USC vs. Stanford Closer than folks think. Comes down to a last second FG.
UCLA vs. BYU MildUpset here.
Texas vs. Cal Cal can't stop the run. Texas can run especially the Swoopes package.

Last Week: 9-6
Overall:9-6

Old 09-14-2016, 10:35 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,972,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
bad call or there would never have been the chance for Central Mi to win. Shame on them!!!!
Meh. I'll start by saying I'm not a CMU fan. The officials got the spirit of the rule right, if not the letter. The rule book never foresaw a situation in which the offense would commit a loss of down penalty on 4th down in an illegal attempt to run out the clock. The head of NCAA officials has already said that this rule will likely change now that this situation came up. The new rule will say something along the lines of if the offense commits a loss of down penalty as time expires on 4th down, the opposing team will get an untimed down.

OK St should have punted it away.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:56 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Last week: 10-5
Overall: 18-11

Houston vs. Cincinnati. Short week + a national TV game will keep the Bearcats in the game but the Cougs have too much with Greg Ward.
Miami vs. Appalachian State. Might be interesting for a half.
Florida State vs. Louisville. Even though I think Florida State probably ends up winning since I dogged Florida State in week 1, keep picking against them. A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, right??
Temple vs. Penn State. If Penn State loses to Temple for the 3rd year in a row James Franklin could be sending out resumes next week.
North Dakota State vs. Iowa. Sorry Bisons! If this was Iowa State again I'd pick you, but the Hawkeyes get it done and end the FBS winning streak.
Vanderbilt vs. Georgia Tech. I see Tech rebounding from last year's disaster. Could be a really good game.
Colorado vs. Michigan. Kordell Stewart isn't walking through that door for the Buffs.
Oregon vs. Nebraska. This will be a fun game, but don't think Nebraska can keep up.
Pittsburgh vs. Oklahoma State. Will be tough to bounce back from last week, but at home I think they can pull out the win.
Alabama vs. Ole Miss. Ole Miss doesn't look as good as they were the last 2 years when they beat the Tide.
East Carolina vs. South Carolina. A nice road win for the AAC.
Texas A&M vs. Auburn. I think Auburn will get the conference win at home.
Mississippi State vs. LSU. They maybe terrible, but LSU has won 22 of the last 24.
Michigan State vs. Notre Dame. Go Sparty! They haven't looked good, but they'll be up for this game.
Georgia vs. Missouri. Georgia will bounce back from the bad game against Nicholls state.
Ohio State vs. Oklahoma. I'll take the mild upset. Even with the Big 12 schedule Oklahoma would be eliminated from the playoffs, while with Michigan still on the schedule for the Buckeyes, OSU would still be alive even with a loss.
USC vs. Stanford. This will be closer than the Alabama game, but Stanford should still win by 7+.
UCLA vs. BYU. BYU has played 2 games with both games decided by a combined 3 points, and BYU lost by 1 last year. I'm expecting another close game and I'll take the home team.
Texas vs. Cal. Cal has looked terrible this year. Last year was a 1 point Cal win, and think the Horns return the favor.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:56 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
This week has tough picks!

Houston vs. Cincinnati
Temple vs. Penn State
Colorado vs. Michigan
Oregon vs. Nebraska
Alabama vs. Ole Miss
Texas A&M vs. Auburn
Georgia vs. Missouri
Ohio State vs. Oklahoma
USC vs. Stanford
UCLA vs. BYU
Texas vs. Cal

Pick Overall Record: 18-13
Pick Record Last Week: 10-5

Old 09-15-2016, 11:21 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,278 times
9 of 19 are unanimous picks this week:

Miami
Iowa
Georgia Tech
Michigan
Alabama
LSU
Georgia
Stanford
BYU

6 of the remaining 10 are nearly unanimous with only one dissenter:

Houston - slo
Penn St. - chad
E. Carolina - slo
Auburn - SouthernTiger
Notre Dame - 7express
Texas - slo

The other 4 games are split 3-2 (listing the majority pick below):

Louisville
Nebraska
Oklahoma St
Ohio St

Definitely an interesting weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football