U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2016, 07:09 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,020,553 times

Advertisements

Texas A&M Football

Yeah...not the best decision by aTm there.

Here's the follow-up statement to it:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 08:06 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,718,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Texas A&M Football

Yeah...not the best decision by aTm there.

Here's the follow-up statement to it:
LOL. Leave it to the Aggies for making a mess of things.

I personally don't think it was that big of a deal, but I'm old school. With the social media climate in the present day and all the other things that people have to think about in terms of public relations, intent, gender and sexual orientation inclusion, political correctness, etc., it's almost always not worth it anymore to attempt some light-hearted humor.

Major backfire on the Ags; but we ol' Big XII South Brethren are not surprised in the least.

ScoPro is gonna have a field day with this!

Old 07-29-2016, 09:02 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,827 posts, read 33,243,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I personally don't think it was that big of a deal, but I'm old school. With the social media climate in the present day and all the other things that people have to think about in terms of public relations, intent, gender and sexual orientation inclusion, political correctness, etc., it's almost always not worth it anymore to attempt some light-hearted humor.
It's not just about political correctness. Anything that degrades women at a university is a potential Title IX issue. Title IX issues are serious business that can have millions of dollars in repercussions for the university if not addressed and remedied.

A&M did the right thing by grabbing this bull by the horns.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:49 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,158,196 times
ST99's link only leads to a fraction of the offensive material, apparently.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:21 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

I wonder if Sumlin suffered any other consequences besides having to apologize publicly for not reviewing their material. The buck stops with the head coach.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:15 AM

5,414 posts, read 7,718,499 times
Okay, I stand corrected. I just saw some of the Rule Boards from the A&M Chalk Talk over at collegefootballtalk.com.

They go way past innuendo; the comments are downright raunchy. If my wife would have witnessed that I'd be pretty pissed.

That anyone with half a brain would have found the comments remotely acceptable is pretty sad.

A&M gonna A&M!

Old 07-30-2016, 05:46 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,020,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
A&M gonna A&M!
The iPhone thread comes to mind. August 17th will be the 1-year anniversary of the day it was posted.

For those of you who don't know about it...You're not going to find a post that's more Aggy than that.

Old 07-30-2016, 01:06 PM

8,403 posts, read 8,393,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
It's not just about political correctness. Anything that degrades women at a university is a potential Title IX issue. Title IX issues are serious business that can have millions of dollars in repercussions for the university if not addressed and remedied.

A&M did the right thing by grabbing this sheep by the tail.
Sorry, I just had to fix that for you.

But yeah, somebody on staff was pretty dumb or.... a 'sip plant.

Baylor is the place where the Title IX zealots should be focused though.

Old 07-30-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Sorry, I just had to fix that for you.

But yeah, somebody on staff was pretty dumb or.... a 'sip plant.

Baylor is the place where the Title IX zealots should be focused though.
I debated about the bull analogy, but decided it would have some appeal.

The Feds have people on the Dept. of Education payroll who do nothing but investigate and prosecute Title IX complaints. There are so many of them that they could probably send a van full of them to Waco and another to College Station if they were so inclined.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:39 PM

8,403 posts, read 8,393,387 times
While this bit of A&M misogyny is an embarrassment, the NCAA Title IX staff should be overrunning Waco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or