Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 06:47 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,160,112 times

Advertisements

I wish my dad were still here to see Co move into the top 25. Our love goes way back. Dad graduated from CU in 1932: followed them til he died in 2000. I went to Boulder my freshman year in college. We went to the 1990 Orange Bowl when they beat N.Dame; what a game. I have followed them trough thick and thin. It looks like this year it might be thick. Are they a great team? Nope, but certainly a much improved one. All 4 of my favorite teams are worth watching this year, even AR regardless of Sat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 01:15 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,377,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I wish my dad were still here to see Co move into the top 25. Our love goes way back. Dad graduated from CU in 1932: followed them til he died in 2000. I went to Boulder my freshman year in college. We went to the 1990 Orange Bowl when they beat N.Dame; what a game. I have followed them trough thick and thin. It looks like this year it might be thick. Are they a great team? Nope, but certainly a much improved one. All 4 of my favorite teams are worth watching this year, even AR regardless of Sat.
It's always fun to see your favorite teams win. I simply think many of the non-standard PAC-12 has blown off and disrespected Colorado. Utah remembers their greatness in the day and has always had a healthy respect knowing the team would come back.

MSR

Old 10-27-2016, 01:17 PM

This is an interesting article for some who may not be aware Utah's starting Q back started at UW.

Utah football: Troy Williams has a fire burning for No. 4 Washington, his former school | The Salt Lake Tribune

MSR

Old 11-28-2016, 09:59 PM

Well so much for having a PAC-12 Thread. Colorado did their own thing, at least in Sports CF section. To be fair a Buffalo fan has posted here. Two of twelve teams.

CA teams, who knows. Same with AZ.

Washington fans are aware this thread exists. What the hell. WA never wanted unity. They think they are unique and special. In one way they are....no one wants them playing in the CFP. Did you see that meeting yesterday? The feelings have been strong about this since October. I guess they can go to a bowl that will be a nice Bowl.

I'd congratulate Colorado but fans are too busy in their own thread. Don't plan on much for your playoff hopes yet. In the same discussion, CO was out before WA. But CO will go to a bowl game and that will be a change. It will be interesting to see which one.

The PAC-12 had five of the ranked teams in the top 25. Yet the suits don't want the PAC-12 in the playoff games. It would be good for Browning to see a real quarterback - Browning is a real quarterback transferring with Petersen. Whether he can do anything without Petersen's remains to be seen. But he's got a ĹONG way to go to have the talent and instincts of the true Freshman Quackenbush for Alabama.

To those I had planned to congratulate, your Homer threads explain why the PAC-12 has the absolute worse refs in College Football. A person posted the pay and other qualifications on one of the conversation parts of ESPN for different leagues. Maybe a lot of guys did it because then they could honestly say they been on the field of USC Collesium, The Rose Bowl and other. The calls have been worse this year than others.

To all who didn't post in a league thread, you are part of the reason the PAC-12 is currently not respected as a conference, IMO. Fans tend to do things similar to the teams. Your individual threads serve your own self serving needs without having to consider other fans/teams in the same conference. The PAC-12 and your individual teams won't gather more attention or respect until a conference exists for all 12 teams, IMO.

MSR

Roll Tide!!!!

Old 11-30-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
I think a playoff spot is up for grabs next week when Stanford faces the Huskies.
didn't turn out quite that way did it?

Old 11-30-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Well so much for having a PAC-12 Thread. Colorado did their own thing, at least in Sports CF section. To be fair a Buffalo fan has posted here. Two of twelve teams.

CA teams, who knows. Same with AZ.

Washington fans are aware this thread exists. What the hell. WA never wanted unity. They think they are unique and special. In one way they are....no one wants them playing in the CFP. Did you see that meeting yesterday? The feelings have been strong about this since October. I guess they can go to a bowl that will be a nice Bowl.

I'd congratulate Colorado but fans are too busy in their own thread. Don't plan on much for your playoff hopes yet. In the same discussion, CO was out before WA. But CO will go to a bowl game and that will be a change. It will be interesting to see which one.

The PAC-12 had five of the ranked teams in the top 25. Yet the suits don't want the PAC-12 in the playoff games. It would be good for Browning to see a real quarterback - Browning is a real quarterback transferring with Petersen. Whether he can do anything without Petersen's remains to be seen. But he's got a ĹONG way to go to have the talent and instincts of the true Freshman Quackenbush for Alabama.

To those I had planned to congratulate, your Homer threads explain why the PAC-12 has the absolute worse refs in College Football. A person posted the pay and other qualifications on one of the conversation parts of ESPN for different leagues. Maybe a lot of guys did it because then they could honestly say they been on the field of USC Collesium, The Rose Bowl and other. The calls have been worse this year than others.

To all who didn't post in a league thread, you are part of the reason the PAC-12 is currently not respected as a conference, IMO. Fans tend to do things similar to the teams. Your individual threads serve your own self serving needs without having to consider other fans/teams in the same conference. The PAC-12 and your individual teams won't gather more attention or respect until a conference exists for all 12 teams, IMO.

MSR

Roll Tide!!!!
and as an old lady or something like a lady, I can remember when we thought college football we thought who is playing in the Rosebowl? We wanted to see who would win the Pacific 8 and who would represent the big 10. Of course followed by Texas and Ok, always great teams. Now look what we have?

Old 11-30-2016, 10:51 AM

4,315 posts, read 3,960,546 times
I really enjoyed watching Oregon State beat Oregon Saturday.

It hadn't happened in a long time and seeing the Oregon State fans rush the field and the excitement in the coach's voice is one of the reasons I love COLLEGE football.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
I really enjoyed watching Oregon State beat Oregon Saturday.

It hadn't happened in a long time and seeing the Oregon State fans rush the field and the excitement in the coach's voice is one of the reasons I love COLLEGE football.
There is something magical about college football: love pro ball but it just isn't the same

Old 12-02-2016, 01:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,639,943 times
Quote:
and as an old lady or something like a lady, I can remember when we thought college football we thought who is playing in the Rosebowl? We wanted to see who would win the Pacific 8 and who would represent the big 10. Of course followed by Texas and Ok, always great teams. Now look what we have?
who played in the rose bowl was always a fun speculation, but there were the big four bowl games, rose bowl cotton bowl, orange bowl, and sugar bowl, at the time, along with a number of minor bowl games.

but there were always the big rivalry games to look forward to as well, usc/ucla, alabama/auburn, and my favorite rivalry game the army/navy game(GO NAVY!!! BEAT ARMY!!!).

Old 12-02-2016, 02:01 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,538,507 times
Quote:
didn't turn out quite that way did it?
How's that?

Washington won this game and are still on track to make a playoff appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football