U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 10:09 AM

11,787 posts, read 13,386,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Also, Why in the world isn't the QB seeing a wide open Malachi Dupre?
At least twice in that final drive, When they were inside the 20, Dupre was open for a TD. The kid didn't even look his way.

You HAVE you be beating that into Etling's head "Dupre is your FIRST read".

Yeah, no doubt. He was quite literally standing by himself jumping up and down and waving.

Quote:
Then the final play???? How are you not snapping the ball IMMEDIATELY after the whistle blows??

I mean there was so much wrong within that one game it just made me sick watching it.
Was there a whistle? Maybe the ref just drops his hand signaling to start the clock once he is ready and clear and you don't necessarily know when that happens. Bottom line is it is almost impossible to get a play off with just 1 second unless it is a situation where the clock starts when the ball is snapped.

But before all that they had a little less than 2 minutes when they crossed the 50 and all that time got fettered away. It seemed to me like the clock wasn't stopped when it should have been which is on the refs, but LSU certainly wasn't sharp with their formations and play calling and getting up to the line. I agree, that game was sloppy and bad football and hard to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 02:24 PM

4,635 posts, read 3,979,837 times
Quote:
He has demonstrated too many times that he cannot manage the clock.

Yes, he has only lost 34 games while at LSU, but I can assure you, far too significant a portion of those games were lost by pure incompetence in clock management alone.

He should have been fired last season, but the team rallied around him and they rattled off a decent last 1/4 of the season.

Besides clock management he also has a track record for poor communication. I remember specifically in one of those end of the season games last year, where they called a timeout near the end of the game and came back out and nobody was on the same page. Much too commonplace for the team to be confused and out of sync. That rests on Les' shoulders and no one else's, ESPECIALLY just coming out of a time out. NO EXCUSE for that.

There is no way LSU should be 2-2. The offensive scheming by Cameron was terrible, and has been for the last few seasons. Fournette got 16 carries for 101 yards. 16 carries? Are you freaking kidding me? That man should be touching the ball 30 times a game, EVERY game. They got really far ahead of MSU and then stopped playing. Almost allowed MSU to comeback in that game.

As an LSU fan, I could literally rattle off a dozen games where Les and staff made poor decisions and not only poor decisions but sticking to flawed game plans that just weren't working.

I like Les as a personality. He is a good guy, but that's not what you need in a head coach.

Personally I like Orgeron. I think he should have been given the USC job after he served as interim there and did really really well. I am hoping LSU has given him the team for the remainder of the season as a "try out", and if he does well, I think he should get the job.
As an LSU fan, who do you want as the next coach?

Old 09-26-2016, 02:46 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,855,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
As an LSU fan, who do you want as the next coach?
Everyone wants a marquee name but I like Orgeron.
I would be happy to keep him around until he proves he can't handle the job.
If they go some other direction, then I would have to lean towards Herman at Houston.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:42 PM

3,985 posts, read 3,642,191 times
The local sports radio was saying, with Miles being fired; that now every SEC school has changed coaches since Saban has been hired at Bama.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:50 PM

2,538 posts, read 1,835,161 times
Quote:
If they go some other direction, then I would have to lean towards Herman at Houston.
gonna be a very sought after commodity after this season for sure. I could see LSU making a run at him. Can you imagine what their offense with do with SEC players? wow

Old 09-26-2016, 09:40 PM

3,382 posts, read 6,607,490 times
Fertitta said that if Herman leaves, it won't be for the money. If UH goes P5, with bonuses, Herman will make over 5 mil a year for his first 2 years in P5. I know there many, many other things that come into play, but UH is capable of at least putting up a bit of a fight. Other than that, I hope to see LSU competing for championships again. I grew up in SE Tx, near La, so I always follow LSU and McNeese. Love it when LSU pounds the aggies.

Last edited by DanielWayne; 09-26-2016 at 09:48 PM..

Old 09-26-2016, 10:16 PM

1,205 posts, read 882,846 times
Quote:
I think most people in the other LA would rather have Ogeron than Helton. Still, the odds that LSU does better than Miles are low. Look at all the schools that struggled for a decade or so after firing or forcing out a long time successful coach that had a down season or two
Nebraska Solich
Texas A&M Slocum
Michigan Carr (Not fired, but retired a few years early because of pressure from media)
Texas Brown (Again, a forced resignation)
Miami Coker
Tennessee Fulmer

Old 09-27-2016, 06:43 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,855,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
I think most people in the other LA would rather have Ogeron than Helton. Still, the odds that LSU does better than Miles are low. Look at all the schools that struggled for a decade or so after firing or forcing out a long time successful coach that had a down season or two
Nebraska Solich
Texas A&M Slocum
Michigan Carr (Not fired, but retired a few years early because of pressure from media)
Texas Brown (Again, a forced resignation)
Miami Coker
Tennessee Fulmer
I totally agree with your first sentence. USC played lights out for Orgeron at the end of 13. WHY wouldn't they give him the permanent job is beyond me. It isn't like he sucked while at Ole Miss either. With the talent at LSU he would do very well IMO.

I also can't argue with the second part and looking like you might be able to add Georgia to that list as well.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:04 AM

11,787 posts, read 13,386,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
The local sports radio was saying, with Miles being fired; that now every SEC school has changed coaches since Saban has been hired at Bama.
One of our local radio hosts said, tongue in cheek of course, that "Saban has ruined this league."

Old 09-28-2016, 01:29 AM

3,985 posts, read 3,642,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
One of our local radio hosts said, tongue in cheek of course, that "Saban has ruined this league."
When they were talking about here, they were calling it, "The Saban Effect".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or