Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 11:13 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times

Advertisements

UTE fans, and others, GameDay in SLC tomorrow for Washington @ Utah game. This is a spoiler as it names the GameDay special guest. Unfortunately, it is not John Stockton, again. Rece Davis Reveals This Saturday's Celebrity Guest Picker

The Huskies are ranked #4 with Browning in the race for a Heisman. Utes are #17. Let's hope for a game free of injuries. Chase Hansen had his season ending injury last year on the last play of the game. Here's to a much better game Chase, all the game including the last play.

The game is on Fox. Go Utes!

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 08:59 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
UTE fans, and others, GameDay in SLC tomorrow for Washington @ Utah game. This is a spoiler as it names the GameDay special guest. Unfortunately, it is not John Stockton, again. Rece Davis Reveals This Saturday's Celebrity Guest Picker

The Huskies are ranked #4 with Browning in the race for a Heisman. Utes are #17. Let's hope for a game free of injuries. Chase Hansen had his season ending injury last year on the last play of the game. Here's to a much better game Chase, all the game including the last play.

The game is on Fox. Go Utes!

MSR
Yea!

I am a Utah man*, sir, and I live across the green.
Our gang -- it is the jolliest that you have ever seen.
Our co-eds are the fairest, and each one's a shining star.
Our yell -- you'll hear it ringing through the mountains near and far.

Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I.
A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die. Ki-yi!
We're up to snuff; we never bluff; we're game for any fuss.
No other gang of college men dare meet us in the muss.
So fill your lung and sing it out and shout it to the sky:
We'll fight for dear old Crimson, for a Utah man am I.

*Works equally well for us women (those fairest shining stars mentioned in the song).

Old 10-29-2016, 05:40 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
Great game...dawgs had their hands full for sure but I think the better team won. Likely these two teams will meet up in the bay area at the end of the season.

Old 10-29-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Great game...dawgs had their hands full for sure but I think the better team won. Likely these two teams will meet up in the bay area at the end of the season.

pnwguy2 , the Utes had a bad game, how could the Dawgs have their hands full with the errors made by 3rd and 4th stringers and true freshmen? Of course the Dawgs won, the #4 team is suppose to beat the 17th team. But at least we now know Utah has a 4th string center. And he started today and played the entire game. Two more injured in the game with one on concussion protocol. Moss isn't ready to be back. I wrote earlier in WA I had no illusions about this game. Too bad Shyne is out for the season, as his running style is different than Williams or Moss.

I posted my response about the game in WA. Did you see Game Day this morning? I posted a lot about that too in WA. I'd encourage you to read what I wrote. It may be common for ESPN to make those comments about UW or not, IDK. But you probably do and I'd really like to know if this is new for ESPN, or something that always happens when UW plays the teams they have prior to today. I found it all discouraging.

Loved Chase Hansen's interception and tackles. Especially great for him given the severe fracture he experienced last year in Seattle on the very last play of the game, after Utah had already won. Some thought his fracture was more than season ending.

Loved Automatic Andy 's field goal. So many can't believe he was a walk on. He skied in the Olympics then for some reason started kicking the football.

Maybe about the end of the season and maybe not. Utah certainly would have benefitted from a Bye week.

I realized Butler-Byrd was gone the second play. His offense was deeply missed. I read CB-B became a father recently. Does anyone know if his baby is how come he was gone or did he get injured or other?

MSR - Proud Ute Alum

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 10-29-2016 at 07:18 PM..

Old 10-29-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yea!

I am a Utah man*, sir, and I live across the green.
Our gang -- it is the jolliest that you have ever seen.
Our co-eds are the fairest, and each one's a shining star.
Our yell -- you'll hear it ringing through the mountains near and far.

Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I.
A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die. Ki-yi!
We're up to snuff; we never bluff; we're game for any fuss.
No other gang of college men dare meet us in the muss.
So fill your lung and sing it out and shout it to the sky:
We'll fight for dear old Crimson, for a Utah man am I.

*Works equally well for us women (those fairest shining stars mentioned in the song).
Well Katz, I need never learned the words. I'm impressed. I'll see if I can give you a rep point for such a great post

BTW, any idea who wrote those words?

MSR

Old 10-29-2016, 07:41 PM

Yah I saw Game day this morning and frankly I thought that all the Husky victory predictions would be bad luck for us. I did see your post in Washington. I just love college football and injuries are definitely part of it. I think Utah played actually quite well in this game and perhaps could have one with a few lucky breaks ! I do think that the championship game will be Washington versus Utah and it is tough to beat a team twice in one season so Utah I may have the advantage. Of course USC could still get in there from the south and so could Colorado. We shall see how it all plays out.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Yah I saw Game day this morning and frankly I thought that all the Husky victory predictions would be bad luck for us. I did see your post in Washington. I just love college football and injuries are definitely part of it. I think Utah played actually quite well in this game and perhaps could have one with a few lucky breaks ! I do think that the championship game will be Washington versus Utah and it is tough to beat a team twice in one season so Utah I may have the advantage. Of course USC could still get in there from the south and so could Colorado. We shall see how it all plays out.
Did you hear the discussion of how come the PAC-12 shouldn't be playing in Jan.? How do you make sense of that B.S.? I mean they are entitled to their opinions, but lobbying for Louisville, saying it would be better to take two teams from the ACC or another p5 conference instead of letting any PAC team play in a better bowl etc. How come those views are even being discussed openly? I've never heard or seen anything like it this early in the season. Any thoughts of their self-appointed expertise they dispensed this week?

BTW, pnwguy2, I give you props for writing something nice about Utah or a Utah university. That has not always been your strong point, IMO. It's a nice change to see. I'd give you another rep point if I could, but I can't.

Nice job on your part

MSR

P.S. pretty doubtful many will post here. Any thoughts about the World Series? Do you have a favorite team? I can find reasons to support both. It's an unusual feeling (can't quite pinpoint it - maybe something like Nostalgia) knowing the time since the White Sox last won. How many people were loyal supporters who never got to see the playoffs, the wars, the technicolor iCal inventions and so much more.

Are the rules the same for the AL and NL? I know the basics and more of baseball, but am trying to learn some of the nuances. Thx.

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 10-29-2016 at 08:22 PM..

Old 10-29-2016, 08:29 PM

The Pac12 doesn't get respect due to two reasons. First they are not seen in the east with the late games. Secondly, The west in general is not excepted as a football center. This despite the fact that USC, Oregon, Stanford and Washington have exceptional histories in West Coast football. You could add BYU And Boise State to the mix.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:38 PM

I'm watching game four of the series right now. Seriously I have kind of an evil desire to see Cleveland extend the Cubs dry out. I don't know why I feel that way but I do and I think it is because it is so long of a drought that should continue. I lived in the Chicago area for a period of time and I understand cubs fans and they would never be the same once their team wins it all. Kind of hard to explain but it does make sense if you know cubs fans.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:39 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Well Katz, I need never learned the words. I'm impressed. I'll see if I can give you a rep point for such a great post

BTW, any idea who wrote those words?

MSR
I don't know who wrote them, but my dad taught at the "U" and I learned the words to the Utah Fight Song back when I was probably about in junior high. There are other verses, but you don't often hear them, and I don't know the words to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football