U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 12:07 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,514,091 times

Advertisements

There is zero chance they leave OSU out. A second victory over Wisconsin would have shown us nothing. They have an outstanding resume as is. Penn State won't be in over Washington. PSU fans will feel cheated just like those 2 teams 2 years ago. Who cares. Ohio State will bring greater TV viewership and money. OSU vs. Alabama is the championship we've been waiting for all year, and it's what we're going to get.

8 teams wouldn't solve anything. 4 teams is good. If we had 8, we would without a doubt have Alabama, OSU, Clemson, and Washington, and we'd be playing the same game with the other 4 teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 02:23 AM

1,573 posts, read 1,433,069 times
Tom Herman needs to bring Texas back.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:42 AM

2,772 posts, read 2,377,376 times
Sucks for Penn State because I'll be surprised if they get in. No team, other than Alabama is hotter right now. PSU started 2-2 & just went on a tear from there.
Ohio State squeaked by MSU, Mich, Wis & any of those games could have easily been losses. I don't see Ohio State getting past the first round in the playoffs. Other than Wis last night, Penn States been blowing teams out lately (in the past 6 weeks.)

Old 12-04-2016, 07:08 AM

2,193 posts, read 2,112,332 times
So the nation has been divided into Ohio State and Penn State camps?

So many Wisconsin haters rights now...how you lose? I mean how? Caught this game last night and I have to say it was one of the best football games I ever watched. The bombs and completions Penn Sate were throwing were nothing less than divine intervention. There were times where the Dorito crumbs fell from my mouth.

Last edited by HansProof; 12-04-2016 at 07:43 AM..

Old 12-04-2016, 08:08 AM

3,192 posts, read 6,351,732 times
From watching the history of committees (football and basketball)........

Conference champ winners matter......A LOT!

My bet.......there will be tears in Columbus!

Old 12-04-2016, 08:11 AM

28,272 posts, read 26,286,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
OSU vs. Alabama is the championship we've been waiting for all year, and it's what we're going to get.
Is it? I feel that OSU should be Alabama's semi-final matchup. But I have a feeling Big 10 bias will put them at No. 3 and Washington at No. 4.

I honestly don't think it will matter one way or the other since Alabama looks to be heads and shoulders above all the other teams this year. I could see Alabama trouncing all of these teams by 3 TDs.

I think Clemson would make for the most entertaining game against Alabama. Sure, they are erratic, but they were erratic last season as well where they also had some suspect, razor close wins against garbage competition like South Carolina. I would say they have the best chance of turning in a close loss against the Tide.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:17 AM

28,272 posts, read 26,286,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
So many Wisconsin haters rights now...how you lose? I mean how? Caught this game last night and I have to say it was one of the best football games I ever watched. The bombs and completions Penn Sate were throwing were nothing less than divine intervention. There were times where the Dorito crumbs fell from my mouth.
I didn't catch that game. I watched Clemson-VA Tech since it was on network TV last night. Clemson was beating VA Tech 35-14 in the 3rd quarter and had been hitting VA Tech for sacks and losses the entire 2nd half. Then on a 3rd and 10, which the defense created with heavy pressure on the QB, the defensive coordinator inexplicably drops 11 guys back into coverage. LOL. The VA Tech QB threw a bomb to a receiver who was at least 7 inches taller than the CB. And that play changed the game. It went from being a rout to a nailbiter in one play

Old 12-04-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Is it? I feel that OSU should be Alabama's semi-final matchup. But I have a feeling Big 10 bias will put them at No. 3 and Washington at No. 4.

I honestly don't think it will matter one way or the other since Alabama looks to be heads and shoulders above all the other teams this year. I could see Alabama trouncing all of these teams by 3 TDs.

I think Clemson would make for the most entertaining game against Alabama. Sure, they are erratic, but they were erratic last season as well where they also had some suspect, razor close wins against garbage competition like South Carolina. I would say they have the best chance of turning in a close loss against the Tide.
We got that two years ago and got a horrible championship matchup as a result. Hey, if Clemson can actually pull off a win, then give us Bama-Clemson again. Clemson appears to be FSU of a couple years ago. OSU is a very good team. Of course they don't have Zeke, and they don't have the Cardale Jones factor (big guy who can run it and is near impossible to tackle) anymore.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Sucks for Penn State because I'll be surprised if they get in. No team, other than Alabama is hotter right now. PSU started 2-2 & just went on a tear from there.
Ohio State squeaked by MSU, Mich, Wis & any of those games could have easily been losses. I don't see Ohio State getting past the first round in the playoffs. Other than Wis last night, Penn States been blowing teams out lately (in the past 6 weeks.)
They played a tough game against MSU who always plays them tough. It's sort of like saying the Patriots are in trouble because they didn't blow out the Jets. Then they beat the #3 team in the country. Before that, they had a couple of 62-3 wins, including against a top 10 team. I think many people would say Clemson won't make it out of the first round.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:03 AM

On the other hand, moving Clemson to 4 and having Clemson-Bama rematch and OSU-Bama rematch would be really good too. There's even an argument that Washington > Clemson (though I'm skeptical). OSU-Clemson could be a really good game too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or